PS4 version RNG and Music bug?

Keelloo17

I recently read an article (posted below), about how the PS4 version has a bug where all RNG is "fixed" for every game. This is my first time playing the game (20 hrs so far) and I would have never noticed it, but will this possibly bring down the experience later in my playthrough? :S  There is also a bug where the overworld music will always reset to the start of the song when finishing a battle. Can't believe Square let this pass.... :huh:

Article from Destructoid:
http://www.destructoid.com/final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster-on-ps4-looks-better-than-ever-but-has-major-problems-292113.phtml

Fixed RNG sounds really great actually. You'll be able to know what comes next on a boss and will be able to prepare for it. You'll know that random encounters are fixed, so it shouldn't take so long to cycle through them all to capture monsters you need.You'll know just what you need to beat another blitzball team. You'll be able to grind items more effectively knowing the pattern in which monsters appear. Sounds to me like it would make the plat a bit easier.

• Like 1

I think you guys are taking this from a completionists perspective.

This busted RNG sounds like it will kill fun majorly, part of the fun of a random encounter is taht its random, or the fun of defeating a challenge is you knew how to prepare for everything and not just can defeat something you knew would happen.

People will be replaying this and knowing when things will do things wil destroy fun completely. I'll stick to the PS2 and PS3 versions.

Also FFX is a relatively easy game to.

Edited by Superbuu3

Fixed RNG sounds really great actually. You'll be able to know what comes next on a boss and will be able to prepare for it. You'll know that random encounters are fixed, so it shouldn't take so long to cycle through them all to capture monsters you need.You'll know just what you need to beat another blitzball team. You'll be able to grind items more effectively knowing the pattern in which monsters appear. Sounds to me like it would make the plat a bit easier.

Do the random encounters ever change though? This article and a topic I glanced at days ago seemed to imply the encounters will always be the same exact enemies since the RNG can't change even if the game is reset.

Do the random encounters ever change though? This article and a topic I glanced at days ago seemed to imply the encounters will always be the same exact enemies since the RNG can't change even if the game is reset.

Apparently if you reload a save, the random encounters will be in the exact same place at the exact same time. 

The monsters would change, they would just always appear in the same order. In the original version, the monsters that appear in what order is based off of RNG. If you reload, the order and frequency of certain monsters appearing is supposed to randomize. Since it's fixed in the PS4 version though, the same monsters should always appear in the same order.

• 2 weeks later...

I also didn't get the Overcoming the Past trophy when I beat Yunalesca on the ps4.

The RNG thing drove me nuts when I was trying to get the first Blitzball tournament rigged so that the Al Bhed Psyches and the Besaid Aurochs didn't get seeded and we were in opposite sides of the bracket in hopes that the Psyches got eliminated (which they did) but I had to break out the PS Vita and cross save to get the draws to change up the matchups.  As a result I was able to get the Jupiter sigil in 25 games.  Nimrook sucks to face in either game 1 or 2 when you first start off.

• 3 months later...