Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

Cleared up two first floors of the 7SD. Everything is going smoothly so far. As expected, majority of the enemies take ages to kill, and spamming skill combos non-stop is going to get tiring pretty soon. Didn't level up much, was running around on autopilot, dodging most enemies - the music gives me horrible Baten Kaitos flashbacks, so I frequently drift away and forget that I'm not...there...anymore...

Also, ~28900 Arumat kills left. Yaaaaay....

Cleared up two first floors of the 7SD. Everything is going smoothly so far. As expected, majority of the enemies take ages to kill, and spamming skill combos non-stop is going to get tiring pretty soon. Didn't level up much, was running around on autopilot, dodging most enemies - the music gives me horrible Baten Kaitos flashbacks, so I frequently drift away and forget that I'm not...there...anymore...

Also, ~28900 Arumat kills left. Yaaaaay....

Nice work. I'm using Meracle, Arumat, and Bacchus as the damage dealers and can finish fights in a few minutes. I hate those wasps though, they keep breaking the bonus board.

Edge - 54

Reimi - 39

Faize - 54

Lymle - 47

Bacchus - 65

Meracle - 26

Sarah - 5

Myuria - 26

Arumat - 44

Total: 360/900

Still a long way to go, with my playtime being 114 hours.

Seeing everyone posting their updates is great, keep it up guys!

I feel I've been making a lot of progress as well throughout the past few days, s here's what I'm currently at:

Edge - 76

Reimi - 70

Faize - 54

Lymle - 72

Bacchus 82

Meracle 77

Sarah - 65

Myuria - 72

Arumat - 95

Total: 663/900

Playtime: 224 hours (probably another 10-15 hours for saving on other files and loading)

I've been trying to get all of the most time consuming BT's at the moment, which has been well so far. I'm currently at 26k kills for Arumat which I managed to do in about 3 sittings of 14 hours each and will leave him at that for now since I still to go through the WD some more, so I'll get the rest when everything else is done. My next goal is to get Edge's 30k kills and get everyoones -ology drop BT's after that (combining them with the kill related BT's).

I've got a few grindy ones left such as Sarah's 999 revives BT. I have everyones exact damage BT's except for Bacchus's, so thankfully that's almost done with. Shouldn't be much longer after I finish my current goals.

Edited by Meepy-
  • Like 2

Seeing everyone posting their updates is great, keep it up guys!

I feel I've been making a lot of progress as well throughout the past few days, so here's what I'm currently at:

Edge - 76

Reimi - 70

Faize - 54

Lymle - 72

Bacchus - 82

Meracle - 77

Sarah - 65

Myuria - 72

Arumat - 95

Total: 663/900

I've been trying to get all of the most time consuming BT's at the moment, which has been well so far. I'm currently at 26k kills for Arumat which I managed to do in about 3 sittings of 14 hours each and will leave him at that for now since I still need to go through the Wandering Dungeon some more, so I'll get the rest when everything else is done. My next goal right now to get Edge's 30k kills and then get everyones -ology drop BT's after that (combining them with everyones kill related BT's).

I've got a few things such as 999 revives with Sarah as well and all exact damage BT's done except for Bacchus's. Shouldn't be much longer after I finish these ones I'm set for.

That's amazing progress :yay:.

Nothing big to update on, but I'm continuing in my Galaxy playthrough, if only for today. I'm still on Roak, but getting through it quickly. Having to control Faize isn't annoying, but making sure I get 1 kill on every enemy, and bosses as well, if possible, so I don't miss the "Defeat 130 types of enemies" BT is. Can't wait to just have to control Edge once more after that.

Honestly, I'm slacking on this game, but I'm gonna get back to it fully in either March or April. The Epic Quest ends June 1st, right? I feel I'll be able to slide in just in time with this Platinum before then if I work hard.

• Like 2

Nothing big to update on, but I'm continuing in my Galaxy playthrough, if only for today. I'm still on Roak, but getting through it quickly. Having to control Faize isn't annoying, but making sure I get 1 kill on every enemy, and bosses as well, if possible, so I don't miss the "Defeat 130 types of enemies" BT is. Can't wait to just have to control Edge once more after that.

Honestly, I'm slacking on this game, but I'm gonna get back to it fully in either March or April. The Epic Quest ends June 1st, right? I feel I'll be able to slide in just in time with this Platinum before then if I work hard.

I know what you mean. I had to take a break in December because of A) The Plat Rain and B ) You can't go to hardcore or you get burnt out.

Dragon I have a question about the cut off time. I want to make this plat 11,000 (since I didn't do 10,000) if I can Plat Ready it and can prove I have an easy BT left (not the 30,000 one but something that is obviously finished) can I still qualify for the cutoff time? I have no problem platting this game before the time limit but platting this game plus 900 more trophies might be harder.

Dragon I have a question about the cut off time. I want to make this plat 11,000 (since I didn't do 10,000) if I can Plat Ready it and can prove I have an easy BT left (not the 30,000 one but something that is obviously finished) can I still qualify for the cutoff time? I have no problem platting this game before the time limit but platting this game plus 900 more trophies might be harder.

Sure, you can do that. This plat deserves to be a milestone.

• Like 1

I'm still hesitating on buying this game, I see it everywhere for 9$, it just seems so hard to keep track of all the missables.

It's not hard, there are checklists that make it easy.

Decided to not join this quest. If someone does another, maybe I will. Good luck, everybody!

That's a disappointment.

It's not hard, there are checklists that make it easy?

Did you read my status update rant :( Turns out that you need Arumat to make the Quest Trophy so I need to start a new game because that is twice the guide didn't mention a crucial component of the 100% Quests.

I think by the time I plat this game I will have updated the .ORG guide to almost perfection :(

Did you read my status update rant :( Turns out that you need Arumat to make the Quest Trophy so I need to start a new game because that is twice the guide didn't mention a crucial component of the 100% Quests.

I think by the time I plat this game I will have updated the .ORG guide to almost perfection :(

Must've missed that, I only remember the one about the Astral Cave. Which quest requires Arumat?

Lol :lol:.

You see the thing is, the guide on .org is made by someone who has 60% of the trophies, your following a guide from someone who doesn't even know anything about the game, probably just copy pasted info from all over the place.

You see the thing is, the guide on .org is made by someone who has 60% of the trophies, your following a guide from someone who doesn't even know anything about the game, probably just copy pasted info from all over the place.

I wasn't talking about the trophy guide, but the checklists. Those are from the xbox360 version and have been tweaked for the PS3 release.

Must've missed that, I only remember the one about the Astral Cave. Which quest requires Arumat?

Lol :lol:.

K8WWyos.png

The quest in question is a Shop Request for the Quadplex Scythe which can only be Synthed with Arumat :(

Then that guy is on my hit list along with Tri Ace.

SPOILER WARNING THIS GAME MIGHT MAKE A COUPLE OF MY YEAR END AWARDS

• Like 2

The quest in question is a Shop Request for the Quadplex Scythe which can only be Synthed with Arumat :(

Then that guy is on my hit list along with Tri Ace.

SPOILER WARNING THIS GAME MIGHT MAKE A COUPLE OF MY YEAR END AWARDS

Man that sucks :(. Best of luck.

Is the Psynard Egg that bad? I got two of them during a single battle and another one when going for the 14 blue roses.

Man that sucks :(. Best of luck.

Is the Psynard Egg that bad? I got two of them during a single battle and another one when going for the 14 blue roses.

It is weird. On my Chaos and Universe playthroughs I got one just by going to the boss. But on my Earth Quest playthrough I fought enough battles that I got Myuria's 50,000 MP absorb trophy :(