Does Free to Play unlock multiplayer trophies?

Since you got dlcs, yes you can. Otherwise you couldn't. I mean even the trophies needed for platinum would not be earnable. Not 100% sure, but I think that's true.

You are correct. The only mode that is playable in the F2P version is the multiplayer. Co-op and story mode are locked out and must be bought (at ridiculous prices. Story alone is nearly $40, and co-op is another $5 or $10 if I remember correctly). Then there is the oodles of on-disc DLC that must be purchased, adding another several hundred dollars thrown into the game. People complain about the Dead Space's microtransactions, when Naughty Dog is the true offender.

• 4 months later...

I have the FTP version (SP and MP) to earn the co-op trophy i just need to buy a co-op map or also the pass?

You only need to buy the co-op upgrade, search for "Multiplayer Co-op Arena" when looking for the f2p upgrades, this one allows you to play the Shade Survival DLC as well. (it says that in the PS Store)

• 4 months later...

I figured out I have to pay 12 euros total to unlock all trophies. Map packs are free, co-op packs cost 6 euros each, and ilI have the PS Plus version of the game.

Are the maps automatically patched in? I was wondering, because I only found those two DLC for 6 euro each in the store, which you mentioned as well.

Are the maps automatically patched in? I was wondering, because I only found those two DLC for 6 euro each in the store, which you mentioned as well.

No, you still need to download them. Only the GOTY disc have the DLCs installed by default.

You are correct. The only mode that is playable in the F2P version is the multiplayer. Co-op and story mode are locked out and must be bought (at ridiculous prices. Story alone is nearly $40, and co-op is another $5 or $10 if I remember correctly). Then there is the oodles of on-disc DLC that must be purchased, adding another several hundred dollars thrown into the game. People complain about the Dead Space's microtransactions, when Naughty Dog is the true offender.

Yeah, but the GotY edition has been pretty cheap. Talking like 10-15USD, and it includes base game, all DLCs and online pass etc.

Yeah, but the GotY edition has been pretty cheap. Talking like 10-15USD, and it includes base game, all DLCs and online pass etc.

Are those DLC on the GotY edition on the disc itself or as a download-code?

If it's on the disc, would it be enough to borrow if from somebody, install it, and play with my regular non-GotY-disc? :)

Are those DLC on the GotY edition on the disc itself or as a download-code?

If it's on the disc, would it be enough to borrow if from somebody, install it, and play with my regular non-GotY-disc? :)

The GOTY version has all DLCs in the disc, the only code that comes with it is the Online Pass.

I have both versions (GOTY and vanilla) on discs and can confirm that what you suggested won't work.

I have the  physical goty edition but the online pass has been used.  Will the free online version unlock the dlc trophies or will I need to purchase a pass.  

I read that you can get the DLC trophies with the f2p version but only if you have the DLC installed and like i posted above, the GOTY version doesn't install the DLCs on the system since it's on-disc.

Additionally, to get any co-op trophies on the f2p version you'd need to buy the f2p upgrade to even be able to play co-op, so i definitely recommend buying an Online Pass.

But you can unlock all competitive trophies on the f2p version in the 3 Map Pack DLCs since they're free on the PS Store.

Dang, I though I was smart.

So I probably will get a used copy from eBay. See them starting at about 7€ - compared to 12€ for those two DLC, this seems fair. Maybe I can even sell my regular copy for 2€ :D

Just remember that you need an Online Pass to be able to play online. :)