Styx2319's Hall of Triumphs

Styx2319

Ravnica Guildgate Art Descriptions | MAGIC: THE GATHERING

Welcome to my Hall of Triumphs! Here I will showcase the various platinum trophies I've obtained over the years, as well as my 100% games without platiums, my failures, challenges, and other things. I hope you enjoy your time here, and with that said, let's kick things off right!

Platinum.png

Platinum Trophies

The Platinum Trophy! Every trophy hunter/huntresses dream! The pinnacle of trophy collecting! These are all the platinum trophies I've managed to snag during my journey through the various worlds that games have to offer. Platinum trophies are listed in the order I obtained them, and are grouped by the year I achieved them.

1Sd5a5ca.png

1. Modern Warfare 2

Is That All You Got?

PS3 - June 6, 2011

Ah, the first platinum I ever got. This was also the first Call of Duty game that I had ever played. When I bought my PS3 for myself as a birthday gift, my friend decided to buy me a game as his gift, and this was the game. While I am not a huge CoD fan by any means, I did find this game enjoyable. Veteran difficulty was a nice challenge for me, having not played many FPS games to this point, and I loved playing the Spec Ops with my friends in split screen. Definitely a good game to start my platinum trophy hunting with!

1S283a55.png

2. Dante's Inferno

Master of the Inferno

PS3 - July 3, 2011 (82%)

Having originally started trophy hunting as a competition with my friend, I remember this was his first platinum. Because of the competition, I knew I had to have this platinum on my list as well. I also remember at the same time, he began to focus on his Modern Warfare 2 platinum. I found this game to be easy, but beyond that, I didn't find it to be too exciting. Overall, I'd say this game was just slightly above average. This is also my first experience with DLC ruining my 100% completion on a game where I obtained the platinum trophy.

1S8cfc8e.png

3. InFamous

InFamous Platinum Trophy

PS3 - July 6, 2011

My friend and I both moved on to InFamous for our third platinum, and from here I can't remember his progression. He had already beaten the game before becoming a trophy hunter, and he recommended it to me. I loved the story, and the karma system was a nice touch. Hard mode had a few rough points, but other than that, this game wasn't too bad. Even the collectibles weren't as rough as I had originally anticipated, and this was one game that multiple playthroughs didn't bother me. The name of the platinum trophy is a bit unimaginative, but other than that, a great addition to my collection!

1S3e0740.png

4. Borderlands

Borderlands Defender

PS3 - August 9, 2011

Borderlands! I didn't think I could have so much fun with an FPS, but Borderlands hooked me from the very start! A fairly straightforward platinum, this game was fun without ever feeling too tedious. Playing co-op with my friend helped make this game even more enjoyable, and it was so good that we ended up getting all the DLC! Honestly, the DLC's were harder than the main game. Crawmerax was a pain to beat, and I only managed to get that trophy by sheer chance. I joined into a random game and they happened to be farming Crawmerax. Before I could even get to the battle, they managed to kill the beast and with it, gave me the last trophy toward my 100%! Other than that, I hated the tournament DLC's with a passion. That was the longest and hardest part of this game.

1S4a0133.png

5. InFAMOUS 2

InFAMOUS 2 Platinum Trophy

PS3 - August 11, 2011

After a great success with the first InFamous, I knew I had to play the second. While still a great game, I still prefer the original to the sequel. As for difficulty, other than a few spots on the hardest difficulty, I didn't have too much trouble with this platinum. I'd say it was easier overall than the original because the collectibles were easier to find. Again, the platinum trophy was named with less imagination than I would like, but if I were to start a new account for some unknown reason, this game would definitely be one that I would revisit for the plat!

1Saf563d.png

6. Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010

Platinum Trophy

PS3 - August 18, 2011

Another unimaginative platinum trophy name. Honestly, this game was quite boring. The only reason I played it was because a friend of mine had attained over 50% on this game in 2 days, and he wasn't even a trophy hunter! If he could do that, I knew I had to give it a shot. Other than that, I can't really remember this game too much. Not sure I'd play this one again, even if I could get another platinum from it.

1S8e54fe.png

7. Dragon Age: Origins

The Ultimate Reward

PS3 - September 13, 2011

Dragon Age was a fun game. I particularly enjoyed the different choices you could make with each of the major storylines, giving the game a good degree of replay value. The story was good, and I enjoyed the gameplay. There was a good bit of humor thrown into the game as well. Overall, a very satisfying and rewarding platinum trophy to have in my collection.

1S0379f9.png

8. God of War: Chains of Olympus

Above and Beyond

PS3 - October 20, 2011

Originally, I wasn't sold on the God of War series. I never got into them on the PS2, and the only reason I picked these up to play them was because of the competition between my friends and I. I set a goal to obtain any platinum that my friends did, and so I soon found myself facing the beast that was God of War. Hard mode wasn't as bad as I expected, and this game overall didn't give me too much trouble. An okay game, but not one I'd be dying to replay anytime soon.

1Sceba85.png

9. Darksiders

BFA

PS3 - October 28, 2011

I don't remember having much trouble with this game either, even on Apocalyptic difficulty. I liked the game and the concept, but at times I did find it to be boring and tedious. The game reminded me a little of The Legend of Zelda, which was a nice touch, considering TLoZ was one of my favorite game series during my Nintendo days. Not much else to say about this one.

1S317bfd.png

10. God of War

Trophy of Zeus

PS3 - October 29, 2011

Another game in the God of War series, and another game I never really wanted to play. The story was much better than GoW: Chain of Olympus, but that probably has to do with it being one of the main numbered titles. A couple trophies stand out to me here, one of which being I'll Take the Physical Challenge. The Challenge of the Gods was harder than I expected, but I managed to get through it with some patience and perseverance. Speed of Jason McDonald really stands out to me though. I remember it well. I was at my friend's house and he and his wife had to make a run to the store for some reason. Their son, who was just over a year old at the time, had been asleep for about an hour, and I was left to keep an eye on him for about an hour while they went out. Shouldn't have been a problem, because he didn't usually wake up in the night. Well, of course I had to be on my speed run that evening, and not 5 minutes after they left, the kid woke up and wouldn't go back to sleep. So, like any good trophy hunter, I held him while doing part of my speed run! He was fascinated by the TV, so it kept him calm, and that night I ended up with the platinum!

1Sdf27af.png

11. Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Bad Company Elite

PS3 - December 1, 2011 (84% 95%)

I've never been a huge fan of first-person shooters, but I do enjoy them occasionally. None compare in my eyes to this little gem. Battlefield is probably my favorite FPS out there, and BF:BC2 is my favorite in the BF lineup so far. I remember spending countless hours playing the online on this game with one of my friends, who wasn't a trophy hunter. However, we both enjoyed this game so much, that even he ended up getting his first platinum trophy with this one! Unfortunately, we never did finish up all the DLC. This trophy happened to be number 1000 for me, so it holds a special place in my list!

In April 2016, I ended up going back and playing the Onslaught mode, managing to get a great team together and get all 4 maps completed on Hardcore mode, which boosted my overall completion to 95%, and I'm planning to try and wrap up the Vietnam DLC in the near future to finally add this game to my list of S rank games!

1Sec181a.png

12. Tomb Raider: Underworld

Master of Tomb Raider: Underworld

PS3 - December 14, 2011

My first real experience with Tomb Raider came with this game. It was a game that my friend didn't enjoy so he gave it to me. I had no interest in it at the time, so I traded it in. When it came out on Playstation Plus a few months later, I felt as if this game were stalking me, and I gave in and played it. To be honest, I wasn't a huge fan. The controls were sketchy at best, but I pushed through and conquered this platinum. Shortly thereafter, my friend gave in as well, and finally got this beast off his back. I guess this platinum was just meant to be on my list.

1S4da9b5.png

13. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Prince of Persia

PS3 - December 29, 2011

An enjoyable game, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time was harder than I expected in some places. Mostly when it came to some of the platforming sections. This was in part due to some less than optimal controls and a couple bad camera angles if I remember correctly. Other than a few minor snags along the way, this game wasn't too bad. Not a bad way to close out 2011's collection of platinums.

1S9014c1.png

14. Final Fantasy XIII

Ultimate Hero

PS3 - January 22, 2012

Final Fantasy has always been one of my favorite series, and this is my first Final Fantasy platinum trophy! While this entry in the series gets a lot of hate, I enjoyed the story. I would agree that it was a bit more linear that I would have liked, but overall I didn't mind. However, no matter how good the story was, this platinum wasn't easy There were times I thought about giving up, and it was all because of Treasure Hunter. Farming for Platinum Ingots was the bane of my existence, and the monotony nearly defeated me. However, I eventually got it, and this is one of my favorite platinums in my collection, and was a great way to kick off 2012!

1Sb7c5b3.png

15. Final Fantasy XIII-2

Master of Time

PS3 - February 11, 2012

It's no surprise that my next platinum would be Final Fantasy XIII-2. This one was much easier, and overall I enjoyed the story. It wasn't as linear as XIII, and the overall concept of time travel was fun. I liked having to visit the same location in different eras. There wasn't anything particularly difficult in this game, and I managed to wrap it up in just over a week.

1Sf8d858.png

16. Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

Top of the Heap

PS3 - February 13, 2012

Jak and Daxter, currently my fastest platinum. I don't see that changing anytime soon. This game was enjoyable on PS2, and playing it again on PS3 brought back memories. Also, trophies! Other than the nostalgia and ease of getting the platinum, this game doesn't stand out too much on my list. Just another platinum trophy to put on the shelf.

1Sab2647.png

17. God of War: Ghost of Sparta

The Ghost with the Most

PS3 - March 14, 2012

My third God of War platinum. By this point, I was developing more of an interest in Greek mythology, so the series was starting to grow on me. Having done some research into Greek mythology, I was understanding the story behind the story, so to speak. Hard mode was about the same as the other games in the series, and I don't remember having too much problems with the game in general. Again, like GoW: Chain of Olympus, this game's story wasn't major, since it wasn't one of the main numbered titles, but overall it was a nice addition to the series.

1Sf68d0e.png

18. Skyrim

Platinum Trophy

PS3 - April 23, 2012

Skyrim is by far one of my favorite games of all time. Having been a big fan of Oblivion, Skyrim took that experience and ran with it. I spent countless hours playing this game, and this is one of my go to games when I need a break from the trophy hunt. I still enjoy it as much now as I did the day I first put the disk in my PS3. While I'm not a big fan of all the remasters of PS3 games onto the PS4, this is one that I would be okay with, as the chance to get a second platinum trophy for Skyrim would be amazing. However, let's just hope Bethesda is putting their time into either remaking Oblivion with trophies, or better yet, working on The Elder Scrolls VI rather than with a remake of this game.

1Sa143b3.png

19. God of War III

King of the Hill

PS3 - April 27, 2012

At this point, it's probably no surprise to see this platinum in my collection. This was easily the best game in the series, and the Titan mode playthrough was challenging, but not too difficult. The Challenge of the Gods on this game was probably the easiest in the series as far as I can remember. Overall, a great platinum, but I'm not sure I'm too eager to play it again anytime soon.

1Sfeaafc.png

20. God of War II

Trophy of Gaia

PS3 - April 27, 2012

The day I finally finished the Challenge of the Gods for GoW III was the same day I managed to complete the Challenge of the Gods on this game, earning me two GoW platinums in one day! I enjoyed this game, and while there was no hard playthrough this time, I did have some trouble with the Challenge of the Gods again. However, patience and perseverance paid off, and I proudly platinumed this prestigious Playstation game...okay, too much alliteration there. Either way, I enjoyed the story.

1S10028e.png

21. Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

True Thievius Raccoonus

PS3 - July 24, 2012

An easy game, and an easy platinum. It was a change from what I had been playing, and I enjoyed the change of pace. However, the game wasn't really one of my favorites, and isn't very memorable to me. Unfortunately, that leaves me with very little to say here, so on to the next platinum!

1Sd8179b.png

22. Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

Warrior Within

PS3 - August 21, 2012

Multiple playthroughs that don't stack are annoying. By my third playthrough, I was bored of this game. The first playthrough was amazing though. I absolutely loved playing this game, and it was an improvement over PoP: Sands of Time. It was challenging at times, but I got the platinum, and now this game is a proud addition to my collection!

1S9f001d.png

23. Trine 2

Trine 2 Hard

PS3 - August 27, 2012

While this game took me three months to complete, that was only because I got a trophy and then moved to another game, before coming back and getting the rest of the trophies within less than 4 hours. If it weren't for that, this game would be my quickest and easiest platinum so far. I didn't even beat the game, and it was just another quick plat for my list, with absolutely nothing of note that stands out in my memory.

1S86ee59.png

24. RAGE

Master of the Wastelands

PS3 - September 6, 2012 (86%)

This game has recently become one of my favorite platinums, because I keep hearing everyone say how impressive it is to see this game. I don't remember having any problems with this game. It was enjoyable, it wasn't too difficult, and the only thing that I can think of that may have been an issue is the online portion. I don't remember the online at all, personally, and I'm just glad I managed to get this platinum. My only disappointment is the DLC ruining the 100% completion.

1S5e9a78.png

25. PROTOTYPE 2

Platinum Trophy

PS3 - September 9, 2012

This game was much easier than the first PROTOTYPE. Almost disappointingly so, if I'm completely honest. The story wasn't nearly as compelling, and I didn't like the main character as well as I did with the original. Not one I'd pick up again, but I'm glad I played it.

1Sde6ed9.png

26. Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones

Two Thrones 

PS3 - September 18, 2012

After another small break from the series, I decided it was time to finish off this HD Trilogy, even though I was dreading the three playthoughs. I think I enjoyed PoP: Warrior Within more than this entry, but it was still a good game. Not a game I'd play again, but not one I particularly hated either.

1Sa3babd.png

27. Last Rebellion

Flawless Demon

PS3 - October 4, 2012

This game was easy, but I have no idea how I managed to get through it. After watching two friends try to get through it, I realized just how lacking the story was. Really, how did I get through this game? The battle system had potential, but lost it's appeal quickly, and I think the only reason I got through it was because I was watching something on TV while playing this. I wouldn't play this again for anything, but I also don't regret giving it a chance. Afterall, if you don't give games a chance, you miss out on a lot of little gems that otherwise go unnoticed. Unfortunately, for me at least, this was not one of those gems.

1Sa5e45b.png

28. Darksiders II

BFA

PS3 - December 4, 2012

I closed out 2012 with Darksiders II, a game that surpassed the original in nearly every way. While I enjoyed playing as both War and Death in their own ways, Death was my favorite by far. I really wish they would make at least 2 more games in the series, so that I could play as the other two Horsemen. Other than that, this game was not too much of a challenge for me, but it was very enjoyable. This is one that I might replay one day down the line.

1S6a7c7e.png

29. Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One

4 Play

PS3 - January 12, 2013

My first experience with Ratchet & Clank, All 4 One proved to be an enjoyable game overall. My go to co-op partner helped me get through this one, which is always a good experience. I always enjoy getting a chance to work with him on co-op. However, the 1,000,000 bolt grind sucked. It wouldn't have been as bad if it was cumulative, but instead you had to have the full million at one time, so all the bolts spend during the game didn't count. A long and boring grind, but we managed to get this platinum!

1S95723c.png

30. Dragon Age II

The Ultimate Reward

PS3 - February 9, 2013 (76%)

Dragon Age II did very little to improve on the original, and in many cases I felt it took steps backward. I was disappointed in the game, but it wasn't bad enough that I felt like this platinum was excruciating to get or anything. I don't remember any issues with the trophy list as far as glitches or difficulty are concerned. I wish I had been able to get the DLC's and make this a 100%, but the game didn't interest me enough to spend the money.

1Sfc8023.png

31. PROTOTYPE

Platinum Trophy

PS3 - March 2, 2013

One of the hardest platinums I have, and the rarest so far, PROTOTYPE was a great game, with a good balance of things to do. Hard mode was a challenge at times, and I enjoyed when I got the trophy for completing it. It was very satisfying to know that I was that much closer to this platinum. The collectibles were annoying, and one of the more difficult sets of collectibles I think I've ever dealt with. Getting platinum scores on the challenges wasn't easy either, but they were a nice change of pace to the rest of the game. And of course, there was the grind of killing 53,596 infected. Overall, this was a very well rounded trophy list, and a very rewarding platinum to add to my collection.

1S3919d4.png

32. WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2010

PLATINUM

PS3 - March 19, 2013

I don't have much to say about this one. It was fairly easy, though by the end of it, it was becoming boring. Matches were repetitive after awhile, and there really wasn't much to change things up. Overall, this is one of those platinums that help fill the shelf, but don't really hold a real memorable place in my mind.

1S8cef50.png

33. Sleeping Dogs

Hong Kong Legend

PS3 - June 3, 2013 (75%)

I enjoyed Sleeping Dogs, but it didn't stand out too much either. It was an interesting game, but nothing that I would particularly want to play again. It had it's moments, but for what it was, this is just another fairly easy platinum in my list. I think this may have been where I started to burn out on this style of game, which might be why I have little to say about it.

1S49074f.png

34. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Platinum

PS3 - June 15, 2013

Uncharted is an amazing series, and I enjoyed every moment of this one. Crushing was only slightly annoying, but the story and characters made this experience awesome. This is a series that I truly enjoyed, and would be okay playing through again. The only part that was frustrating to me was the end of Crushing mode, but I got through it, and this game is a proud addition to the ever growing collection of platinums.

1S61800c.png

35. Assassin's Creed II

Master Assassin

PS3 - July 23, 2013

A platinum that is in the collection of many trophy hunters/huntresses, Assassin's Creed II is one of my favorite entries in the series. I'm not sure whether I enjoyed II more, or whether I'm liking Black Flag more. Either way, this game is at least my second favorite Assassin's Creed title. The lack of MP in this one is great! I've never been a huge fan of the MP, and AC: Brotherhood has made my distaste for the mode even worse. As far as AC II is concerned, it was everything I expected. A great platinum, even if it isn't particularly rare, and one I'm proud to have in my collection.

1Scf35c1.png

36. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Platinum

PS3 - July 28, 2013 (51%)

After beating Uncharted 2, but before completing the Crushing playthrough, I switched over to Uncharted 3. Since I had this as a digital title, I wanted to get it completed as soon as possible to free up space, since this was an insanely large download. As far as the story goes, I enjoyed this chapter in Nathan Drake's career, and other than the usual few snags on Crushing, this game wasn't too difficult to get finished. The only thing I hate is having a platinum trophy and barely being over 50% completion. Curse you DLC!!!

1S9a973f.png

37. Assassin's Creed III Liberation

Platinum Trophy

Vita - November 29, 2013

You would think that developers would take 5 minutes to give a better name to their platinum trophies, but so many of them are just Platinum, or Platinum Trophy. Anyway, this was my first platinum on the Vita! I enjoyed the game, and even the horrible online mode didn't bother me enough to make me think any less of this entry in the Assassin's Creed series. Honestly, I liked this game more than I did AC III. Overall, this was a great way to start my Vita platinums!

1Sf5412a.png

38. RESOGUN

I came, I saw, I blew stuff up

PS4 - December 14, 2013 (58%)

My first PS4 platinum came before I even owned a PS4! I played this on my friend's PS4, and was instantly hooked. I almost got the platinum before he did. While it's not the best game I've ever played, it was addictive, it was fun, and it was a nice change of pace from other games. Overall, I think it's a great platinum, and thankfully it wasn't just called Platinum Trophy! As my first PS4 platinum, I can't complain at all.

1Sde5562.png

39. Devil May Cry 3 HD

Platinum Trophy

PS3 - December 29, 2013

To close 2013, I somehow managed to sneak this game in. This game had way too many playthroughs, and I stopped about midway through the Very Hard playthrough. That was the biggest mistake I made, considering that Very Hard is probably the most difficult playthrough of all. So, coming back to the game after a few months break, I was unprepared for the nightmare that I put myself through. However, I managed to push through, and somehow completed this game. In my opinion, this was the most difficult platinum that I've done so far, and while it's not as rare as PROTOTYPE or RAGE, this is one of my most prized platinums, and a great way to end the 2013 trophy hunting season.

1Sfc83e7.png

40. Modern Warfare 3

All In

PS3 - January 5, 2014 (69%)

DLC is the worst! Ruins percentages of perfectly good platinums! Anyway, as for Modern Warfare 3, I think the Spec Ops was harder than Modern Warfare 2 overall, but very enjoyable with my friend playing co-op with me. Other than that, it was another CoD game. The campaign wasn't too difficult, and really wasn't as good as Modern Warfare 2. I think this is where I began to get burned out on FPS games, and CoD especially.

1Saf48ad.png

41. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Platinum

PS3 - January 8, 2014 (73%)

Another great game, after finishing Uncharted 3, I knew I would eventually come back to this game and finish off the platinum. I think this was the hardest of the Crushing modes for me, but I can't exactly remember why. Once again, the DLC bring my percentage down below 100%, but at least it's not a 51% like Uncharted 3! Overall, a fun and rewarding platinum, and a great entry to an already great series.

1S72a8c3.png

42. Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Platinum

Vita - January 26, 2014

Uncharted's entry on the Vita, Golden Abyss delivered everything I came to expect from the series. It was a good game overall, but it didn't quite measure up to the PS3 titles. This is still one of the best games I've played for the Vita, and even if Crushing wasn't as difficult as it could have been, it was still a fun and rewarding platinum to add to my collection.

1S1532ab.png

43. Virtue's Last Reward

Virtue's Last Reward

Vita - February 13, 2014

An interesting game. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would at first. The story was interesting, and I liked the different endings, and having to go down different paths to unlock events for other paths. Overall, a great concept, and a good game to have in my collection.

1S0a8f1e.png

44. Minecraft

Awarded All Trophies

PS3 - March 15, 2014

Minecraft is a fun game, and the trophy list wasn't really that difficult. This is another game that I would sometimes go back to when I'm in need of a break from trophy hunting. It may not be the most impressive platinum on my list, but I don't mind. I had more fun with this game than I did with some of the platinums on the list, so that counts for something!

1S1bd6fe.png

45. The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead

Vita - April 16, 2014

I was not a fan of this game at all. It was boring. The story really didn't interest me, and honestly, the only reasons I played it were because I heard so much hype about how good it was, but after being disappointed, I finished it for the easy platinum. Oh, it was included as a bundle with my Vita, so it was basically free. That was the only upside to this game. As easy as this platinum is, I don't think I'll be playing it on another system anytime soon. I guess it's fitting that the trophy image is just a platinum trophy. Couldn't they have come up with something better? And the only thing worse than naming your platinum after the game itself, is calling it Platinum Trophy! Just that much more disappointment to an overall disappointing game I guess.

1Sc82313.png

46. InFAMOUS Second Son

Enjoy Your Powers
PS4 - May 30, 2014

Another amazing entry into the series, Second Son was a very enjoyable platinum to get. While Delsin wasn't as interesting to me as Cole, I did like the fact that he had more variety to his abilities. This game delivered everything I expected from the series, including the trophy list.

1S5eabc5.png

47. God of War: Ascension

Champion of the Gods

PS3 - June 9, 2014

Another entry into the God of War series, this game was probably the hardest of all the GoW games. However, I feel it fell short of the other games in the series when it came to the story. The addition of MP to the game really wasn't necessary, and I feel it may have taken away from the quality of the single player, which is what the GoW series was about. This was also the first GoW game that I managed to plat before my friend, which helps this stand out. Afterall, he has always been a bigger fan of the series than me, and to beat him to the plat was something that I found extra rewarding.

1Sab762f.png

48. God of War

Trophy of Zeus

Vita - June 9, 2014

My second platinum for God of War, and the seventh platinum for the series. This time around was easier than the first, and the only issue I had was a glitch during my speed run, where the trophy didn't pop. Thankfully I had saved right at the end of the game, and there was a simple fix to the glitch. It would have been infuriating to have to redo the entire speed run over a glitch. Also, since my friend is a huge GoW fan, but doesn't have a Vita, this put me ahead of him in GoW platinums. Another small victory in our trophy hunting competition!

1S91f887.png

49. Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

True Survivor

PS4 - June 25, 2014

The reboot of the Tomb Raider series was amazing, and I enjoyed the story. I liked the redesign of Lara's character, and overall this was a fun and easy platinum. However, the multiplayer was an annoyingly long and painful grind, and that is the only thing that has kept me from attempting the game again on PS3.

1S1f42ee.png

50. FINAL FANTASY XIII: LIGHTNING RETURNS

Eternal Light

PS3 - June 29, 2014

The conclusion to the FFXIII series, this game was a great way to end things. I really enjoyed the different approach to the game, playing only as one character throughout. The combat system was fun, but I think my favorite part of the game was the time management system. While the XIII series as a whole gets a lot of hate, I enjoyed it overall, and of the three, I think Lightning Returns was my favorite. It also happens to be my 50th platinum, which for some reason just feels like it adds to the greatness of this platinum.

1S4ef3cd.png

51. God of War II

Trophy of Gaia

Vita - June 29, 2014

This was the worst God of War platinum that I've gotten. I ended up having a glitch keep me from getting the trophy for collecting 20 cyclops eyes, and I had to delete my save file and start from scratch just to get that trophy! It was frustrating, and by the time I had finished, I was burned out on God of War. If I never see Kratos again, it'll be too soon. However, it's kinda nice to see 8 platinums in the GoW series on my list, so that helps a little.

1S906e94.png

52. Battlefield 4

Platinum Trophy

PS4 - September 13, 2014 (96%)

Another Battlefield platinum to add to my trophy cabinet. Just like with Bad Company 2, I ended up playing this game online with my friend for hours, getting not only the trophies for the platinum, but nearly all the DLC trophies as well. I'm currently on a break from this one, but I do plan on returning to it to get the 100% eventually.

1S461d38.png

53. Jak 3

Fait Accompli

PS3 - September 14, 2014

As great as this game was, I never thought I had a hope of collecting all the precursor orbs, so for the longest time, this game sat unfinished. It wasn't until I learned of a glitch in the game that would allow me to get all the orbs that I was able to finally finish this game. It may have taken 2 and a half years and an exploit of a bug in the game, but I finally got this platinum.

1S7e2984.png

54. Final Fantasy X-2

Completion

PS3/PS4/Vita - October 29, 2014

Final Fantasy X-2, the game that never should have existed. As the first true sequel in the Final Fantasy series, I feel as if this game should have never existed. However, it was still a good game, and I did enjoy it anyway. Having played the game before on PS2, I knew getting a 100% completion rating would be difficult, but I also knew it could be done. The fight with Trema was easier than I expected, although I failed countless times following other people's strategies. However, when I gave up and just decided to try and fight him my own way, I killed him on the first attempt. Other than that, I'm glad to have another Final Fantasy platinum in my collection.

1S2a9a0c.png

55. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Platinum Trophy

PS4 - January 18, 2015

I've always been a big fan of the Diablo games on PC. I was never able to play Diablo III on my PC because my computer at the time didn't meet the specifications to play it, so when it came out on PS3, I had to play it. While I still haven't finished the PS3 version, I did borrow the PS4 version from a friend, and I tore through the game multiple times in search of this platinum. Even though it was a long grind trying to get every character to level 70, I would still go back and do it again. It's just that good.

1S853664.png

56. Jak II

Done Done Done

PS3 - March 8, 2015

Another game that sat for over 2 years, Jak II was in the same boat as Jak 3 for the longest time. I just didn't do well enough on the races and other aspects of the game to get all of the precursor orbs. Honestly, I'm surprised that the bug in the game to get the precursor orbs wasn't fixed, since it was present in the PS2 version, but once I learned of it, this game finally joined the ranks of my achieved platinum trophies. Do I feel that it's not as good because I had to resort to a glitch in the game? Not at all. Why? Because it's not my fault that the programmers didn't take the time to remove it when they ported the game over to PS3. And so, I finally have the Jak & Daxter trilogy finished!

1Sc107bf.png

57. Final Fantasy X

Completion

PS3/PS4/Vita - April 15, 2015

This is my favorite game in the Final Fantasy series, and when I had the chance to relive it on PS3 and get trophies, I knew I couldn't pass it up. The game was as fun as I remembered it to be, and there was content that was new to me with the inclusion of the Dark Aeons and Penance. I enjoyed the challenges that these new bosses presented to me, and the only part about the game I didn't enjoy was maxing out the sphere grid with all characters.However, I wasn't about to let that keep me from this platinum, and Final Fantasy X is definitely one of my favorite platinums, and if I had the chance, I would do it all over again!

1Sb0280e.png

58. Ratchet & Clank

Gadget Master

PS3 - April 22, 2015

Another fun and easy game, which was a nice change of pace after the long grind of Final Fantasy X's sphere grid. There was nothing difficult about this trophy list, and I really didn't have a problem with the grind for 1,000,000 bolts. Thankfully, this time around it was cumulative, unlike R&C: All 4 One.

1Sa0ed02.png

59. Plants Vs. Zombies

The Complete Zombie

Vita - May 1, 2015

A fun game that I played randomly here and there over the course of a year and a half, this was a great game to play in between my other games, slowly earning the platinum in the process.

1S191f10.png

60. inFAMOUS First Light

Noble Achievement

PS4 - May 4, 2015

Honestly, for as short as this game was, I actually think I enjoyed playing as Fetch more than I did playing as Delsin in Second Son. The story was fun, but I think the challenges stand out most in my mind. I thought they would be harder than they were, but they were also fun. I liked the change of pace from the story mode, and getting the 500,000 points on each of them wasn't as difficult as I originally feared. Another great entry into the series, and I hope to see another InFAMOUS game in the near future.

1S808d9f.png

61. Final Horizon

The Destroyer of Worlds

PS4/Vita - May 18, 2015 (83%)

An interesting tower defense game, which was surprisingly enjoyable. It was also easier than I expected, and I only had trouble on a couple of levels. Overall, it was a nice change of pace from my usual choice of games, and I'm glad I gave this game a chance.

1Sf37106.png

62. WATCH DOGS

100% Clear

PS4 - June 14, 2015 (87%)

I picked the wrong time to play this one. It wasn't difficult, but the Fixer Contracts and other side missions were repetitive and annoying. Had I not been borrowing this from a friend and feeling like I had to finish it as soon as possible, then I might have not played it for a while. Having done so, I wasn't feeling the gameplay, and it was not as enjoyable as it would have been if I were in the mood to play this style of game.

1Sed6bd2.png

63. The Order: 1886

The Grail

PS4 - August 10, 2015

This was an amazing game. While it was short, it had a good story, but what stands out most to me are the graphics. While I don't usually judge a game by the graphics, this game just looked good. It was fun, the story was well done, and it looked amazing. It didn't hold much replay value to me, and it was short, but it was worth a play for sure!

1Sedda44.png

64. Dead Space

Concodrance Officer

PS3 - September 20, 2015

I just want to start off with this: Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star will never be the same to me. Anyway, as far as the story goes, it was pretty good. It was very linear, and it relied on jump scares for the most part to get the horror aspect across. The atmosphere of the game was nice, but wasn't enough to keep me on the edge of my seat. Honestly, I only got startled a couple of times. Impossible mode wasn't the easiest, but it wasn't too bad. I got stuck a few times, most notably on the Chapter 6 boss, but with a few attempts, I obviously managed to get through. The graphics don't look bad, and I think they've aged pretty well. Overall, I recommend this game to anyone who's into things like this. It's a good third person shooter at it's core, and the atmosphere is nice, even if it's not as scary as it could have been.

1S2cb900.png

65. RESIDENT EVIL 5

RESIDENT EVIL 5 Platinum Trophy

PS3 - January 1, 2016 (81%)

My attempts to participate in the first Platinum Rain Day event were not a full success, as I didn't manage to hit the goal of 10 platinum trophies. However, I did manage to get 4, and Resident Evil 5 was one of them. Although I dabbled with Resident Evil on the PS1, I hadn't really played a Resident Evil game until RE5. It was a fun game, especially co-op with a friend of mine. I enjoyed it enough, that when the PSN had a Resident Evil sale, I scooped up a few more RE titles, which I'm planning on playing in the near future. Currently, my co-op partner and I are working slowly on Resident Evil 6, and we expect to get that platinum eventually as well.

1Sb4aa06.png

66. RESOGUN

I came, I saw, I blew stuff up

PS3 - January 1, 2016

It was free, it was fun, and it was a game I knew I could plat. I knew this game's time was near when the PRD event was being held, and once again I found myself on a mission to "Save the last humans." Not much else to be said, other than I really enjoyed the trip back to this game.

1S588abd.png

67. DRIVECLUB

#UniteInSpeed

PS4 - January 1, 2016 (23%)

I thought Uncharted 3 (51%) was bad, but having the platinum at 23% of the total available trophies? That just looks bad on a trophy list! Luckily for me, a 100% completion rating isn't important. Anyway, as for the game itself, I only have the PS+ edition, so most of the game was locked out for me. It was a fun racer, and I honestly may pick up the full version and work on the DLC, seeing as a lot of it is free. I may even grab the Bikes expansion one day as well. It's not my favorite racer of all time, but it's a fun one in it's own right.

1Sbfb502.png

68. Dark Cloud

Dungeon Master

PS4 - January 1, 2016

Dark Cloud was both one of my favorite gaming experiences, as well as one of the most disappointing. This was the first game I ever played on my PS2, and I instantly became addicted, so when I heard it was being released with trophy support, I was sold. However, while the game was still as good as I remembered, I was honestly disappointed with the lackluster trophy list. It just left me wanting more, and that's not the way a trophy list should be, at least in my opinion.

1S466c38.png

69. Batman: Arkham Knight

I AM the Batman!

PS4 - January 24, 2016 (82%)

I absolutely loved playing the Arkham series over the years, and Knight was easily my favorite. I was trying to get this one for the PRD, but I failed to get the Brutality 101 trophy that day. I wasn't the greatest with variations in my combat, and once the PRD event was over, I set the game aside for a couple of weeks. After returning from my honeymoon, I starting working on some of the DLC, and during that time, I felt that I needed to give the platinum another chance, and sure enough, I finally added an Arkham game to my Platinum collection!

1Sa9c26d.png

70. Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR

PGA SUPERSTAR

PS4 - February 23, 2016

I haven't bought a golf game since Tiger Woods 12, so when I saw this one on sale for less than $15 bucks, I decided to give it a chance. I was easily able to get the online trophies done, and then it hit me: I could finally platinum a sports game! While the game was fun, I still prefer the older titles to this one, and it just feels weird for a golf game to not feature Tiger Woods. Either way, it was definitely on par (see what I did there!) for what to expect from a golf game.

1S886c70.png

71. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Julius Caesar

PS3 - March 29, 2016 (84%)

I had a great time playing this game...and then the multiplayer happened. Splitting the two up, I think this was a solid entry in the Assassin's Creed series, and I enjoyed getting to spend another game with Ezio. However, the multiplayer was far from enjoyable. From the beginning it was a struggle. Finding 6 players who were all able to show up at the same time was harder than it should have been, even with the gaming session feature here. Then, once you got 6 people ready to go, you had to fight with the servers themselves. Inevitably, it was always me that was left out because my connection was bad until recently when I got better internet. After that things ran a little more smoothly, but you still had problems in the game itself. There were some people that were unsure of how the boosting went, or they weren't team players and would get in the wrong stun circle, or run back and forth between the two circles. I was considering getting the DLC for the 100%, but after the multiplayer was over, I didn't want to spend another moment in that game. I gave it back to the friend I had borrowed it from almost 3 years ago, and moved on!

1S48bf7b.png

72. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

The Circle Is Now Complete

PS3 - June 30, 2016

I've always been a fan of Star Wars, but never really got into the games. However, a few years ago, I played The Force Unleashed II when I couldn't figure out anything else to play. A friend of mine happened to have his copy with him, so I picked it up and ran through it fairly quickly. Back then, I wasn't as focused on my trophy hunting, and the challenges seemed like too much of an annoyance, so I put it away. Fast forward a few years, and my friends were talking about trying to raise completion on their trophy list, and The Force Unleashed II was mentioned. This got a few of us interested in revisiting the game, and I was the first one to be ready to tackle it. This time, I had the platinum as a goal, and as you can see, it was a success.

1Sfa55c9.png

73. Devil May Cry 2

Platinum Trophy

PS3 - July 9, 2016

Devil May Cry 2 was definitely not as good as either DMC 1 or DMC 3, but it was far easier to get the platinum on by far. I don't remember much of the game (especially since I'm updating this almost 5 years later), but what I do know is that it is just another platinum trophy to fill out the list, and nothing too memorable.

1Sd5afdf.png

74. Remember Me

Remember you soon

PS3 - July 13, 2016

1S03cf8c.png

75. Borderlands 2

Borderland Defender Round Two

July 17, 2016

1S180bc3.png

76. Goat Simulator

All the Goat!

July 18, 2016

1S1ed149.png

77. Bully

Valedictorian

July 24, 2016

Gold Game Playstation Trophy Freetoedit Ps3 Trophies - Clip Art Library

100% Games

Not every game out there has that shiny platinum trophy, but does that make them any less enjoyable? I say no, and so here I honor those games with a list of those that I have attained 100% on, but had no platinum trophy as a reward. These games will be listed in the order I obtained the 100% rating, and will be grouped by year, as with the platinum trophies.

S215d11.png

1. PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX

PS3 - July 17, 2011

Ah yes, a classic brought to the PS3. This was pretty much everything you would expect from Pac-Man.

S3ef723.png

2. Cuboid

PS3 - September 5, 2011

Cuboid was an interesting puzzle game, but it quickly began to bore me. So, I just got it over with as quickly as I could and moved on.

S2612fb.png

3. Altered Beast

PS3 - September 14, 2011

An old game from the Sega Genesis days. I remember the only real trophy I had problems with was making it to level 3 without losing a life. For some reason my co-op partner couldn't get it, but I did. He gave up, moving on to bigger and shiner prey, while I bagged this beast for my 100% collection.

Sa4db48.png

4. Astro Tripper

PS3 - September 14, 2011

Is it bad that I can't remember much about this game? I know it was pretty fun, but I don't remember how difficult it was. Not much to be said here I guess.

Sfe3b69.png

5. Golden Axe

PS3 - October 4, 2011

Another old Sega Genesis game that I played with my friend at the beginning of our trophy hunting days. It was fun, but beating the game without a continue was a challenge, but somehow we managed to prevail.

S2a39e5.png

6. Magic 2012

PS3 - October 13, 2011

I've been a Magic: the Gathering fan for awhile, having been a tradition to play a few games after band practice. If we'd have practiced as much as we played M:tG, we might have gotten somewhere with our music. Either way, I knew that this game had to make it to my 100% list.

S4e7b58.png

7. Back to the Future - Episode 1: It's About Time

PS3 - March 5, 2012

There's really not much I can say about this game. It was quick and easy, and I did it for the trophies.

S93b0aa.png

8. Back to the Future - Episode 2: Get Tannen

PS3 - March 6, 2012

I didn't want to stop at just the first Episode, so naturally Episode 2 followed Episode 1 onto this list.

Sf50f84.png

9. Back to the Future - Episode 3: Citizen Brown

PS3 - March 6, 2012

And here's Episode 3, because 2 Episodes just weren't enough.

Sc46d8f.png

10. Back to the Future - Episode 4: Double Visions

PS3 - March 6, 2012

After getting 3 Episodes done, being over halfway and all, there was no reason not to get this one.

S9e3425.png

11. Back to the Future - Episode 5: OUTATIME

PS3 - March 6, 2012

The last of the series was inevitable by the time the first 4 were complete.

S58eca8.png

12. inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood

PS3 - March 12, 2012

Ah, the first 100% game that I was truly pleased with and didn't play just for nostalgia or easy trophies. I was already a big fan of the InFamous series, and even without a platinum, Festival of Blood was enjoyable, even if it was short. Pretty easy, just like the other games in the series, but one I'm glad I played.

Sb8d8a7.png

13. Frogger Returns

PS3 - April 18, 2012

4 trophies and less than a half an hour. Honestly wasn't worth the time, and if it weren't for my obsession with quantity at the time, I may have never played this.

S6734db.png

14. Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers

PS3 - July 22, 2012

More M:tG for me! This one was a bit longer to complete than Magic 2012, mostly due to needing to play so many games to unlock 100% of the cards. However, I enjoyed it enough to push through without feeling like it was too much of a grind.

Sf73892.png

15. Hydrophobia

PS3 - August 23, 2012

This game was awesome! The story was great, the water graphics was some of the best work I'd seen in a game, and it was a pretty unique little gem I thought. Definitely one I would recommend for anyone who isn't afraid to get away from the platinums for a bit.

S49ba70.png

16. Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown

PS3 - August 23, 2012

Fighting games have never been my thing, and at the rate I've been going with them, it's likely that this may be the only 100% I ever achieve with one. I didn't find it to be too challenging, and I only wish it had a platinum so that I could say I had a fighting game plat in my collection.

S5ce8ea.png

17. Sideway

PS3 - August 24, 2012

This one was weird, and I didn't like it. I really had to force myself to complete it, but I did and here it is on my shelf to remind me of just how big of an obsession trophy hunting can be.

S326521.png

18. Magic 2013

PS3 - January 6, 2013

What can I say? More Magic for me! I couldn't get enough of these games, and I had no reason not to add this one to my list.

S22e5df.png

19. ToeJam & Earl

PS3 - June 7, 2013

This game is full of nostalgia for me. I spent countless hours with my cousin and sister playing this game, and I knew I had to play this when it came out on PS3.

S8beb17.png

20. Magic 2014

PS3 - March 14, 2014

More Magic, more trophies, more fun!

S54a7cd.png

21. Plants Vs. Zombies

PS3 - September 25, 2014

I believe it was around this time that I began trying to raise my overall completion, and so I started going back to old games and finishing them up. This was one of them. At least it was entertaining.

Sa9b763.png

22. Bomberman ULTRA

PS3 - November 16, 2014

Not my favorite game in the world, but I was able to get the 100% somehow. I honestly was just trying to raise this game up above 30% but the trophies just kept coming, so I kept playing!

Sb89872.png

23. KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days

PS3 - March 1, 2015

Watch movies...or skip them, and get a few trophies. I think it took me less than 3 minutes to breeze through this, and I did it for the unlocks that it gives for KH: Chain of Memories.

Sdcaef8.png

24. MONOPOLY PLUS

PS3 - March 19, 2015

Monopoly is a classic. My friend had it, so I played it. Got all the trophies within a game or two. I wouldn't have bought it myself, but I didn't shy away from playing it when I was at his place either. Easy trophies, and a fun game.

Sf4f148.png

25. Tennis in the Face

Vita - March 22, 2015

I bought this on sale for less than $1, and it ended up giving me an easy 100% for my Vita. It was amusing at first, and I'd say it was worth the price.

S2bf8c7.png

26. Home

Vita - March 22, 2015

I also picked this game up in the same sale for less than a buck. I wasn't a big fan of it though. It was okay for what it was, but I'm not sure the money was spent well. Probably would have been better used on the dollar menu at McDonalds.

S8b9726.png

27. Tennis in the Face

PS4 - March 22, 2015

This one was fun too. Just like the Vita version. It was cross-buy, so I played it a second time.

S8b9726.png

28. Tennis in the Face

PS3 - March 24, 2015

Okay, so maybe I played this three times. And got three more 100% games on my list. All for under $1. Call me a trophy whore if you want, it's true. I admit it!

Sd28af0.png

29. FEZ

PS3/PS4/Vita - March 29, 2015

I believe the reason I started FEZ was because I had run out of Vita titles that I was interested in on my backlog, and instead just started alphabetically down my list. FEZ was one of those games that fit on my memory card, and I randomly chose it to finish first. It wasn't too bad, but wasn't particularly enjoyable either.

Sa7a8f0.png

30. Doki-Doki Universe

PS3/Vita - May 8, 2015

I hated this game. Period. It was another game from my alphabetical backlog clearing. I'm so glad it's over.

S05b730.png

31. CounterSpy

PS3/Vita - May 26, 2015

This one was fun. Getting through a level without being seen was a challenge, but I managed to get it eventually.

S05b730.png

32. CounterSpy

PS4 - May 27, 2015

After getting the Vita version of this game completed, I moved over to the PS4 version, where I had more difficulty with not being seen. I knew I could do it though, so I pushed on until I got it.

Se12bc6.png

33. Xeodrifter

Vita - September 27, 2015

I really enjoyed this game. I was a huge fan of the 2D Metroid games, so I knew that I wanted to try this one out. It wasn't quite as good as Metriod, and it was lacking in story. However, the gameplay was good, and even though it was short, it was worth playing.

Trophy_Silver.png

Honorable Mentions

So, I didn't get a platinum or 100% on a game? Some of these games may have fallen through the cracks. Maybe I was unable to get a glitched trophy, or perhaps the online servers were shut down? Either way, these games deserve an honorable mention for one reason or another.

S655749.png

Costume Quest

PS3 - October 6, 2011

61%

Costume Quest deserves a spot here because if it weren't for the DLC, this game would be at 100%. I didn't enjoy the game enough to justify paying for the DLC, and so it sits here in the honorable mentions as a game that was so close to being in the 100% category, yet fell short due to DLC.

S98430e.png

FROBISHER SAYS!

Vita - June 24, 2015

65%

This game shows off a lot of the Vita's gimmicks, such as the Augmented Reality (AR), the use of both front and rear cameras, and both touchpads. Unfortunately, it was very boring and just one of those easy games that was free. I am not about to buy the DLC for this game, and so it finds its way here.

Trophy_Bronze.png

Currently Working On/Challenges

Trophy hunting never ends! Here you will find a list of games I am currently working on for the platinum, and also any challenges that have been issued to me that I've accepted. Not every challenge will be accepted, but if you have one for me, there's a good chance it may find itself here! Games listed will be grouped by system, and I will never have more than 3 games on each system listed as being worked on.

As for challenges, they too will be grouped by system. As I am an unemployed, full-time college student who commutes, I have very little money. So, While you can add any challenge to the list, I may not officially accept them based on monetary issues. I will try to accept any and all challenges, but if they are not accepted, don't take it personal. There are some games that I just know I won't enjoy, or simply cannot afford. Games do not have to have a platinum to be added as a challenge, but I am more likely to accept platinum games than 100% titles. Even games with unobtainable platinums may be accepted on rare occasions, and would then earn a spot in the honorable mentions category if I manage to get everything except the unattainable trophies. I will have no more than 1 active challenge per system at any given time, but I will have a section of pending challenges listed as well. I will try to do challenges in the order listed, unless something prevents me from doing so. Also, if someone challenges me with multiple titles, I may skip past them to get to someone else's challenges, or if multiple people challenge me with the same game, I may move it to the front of the line.

WORKING ON

PS4

S6b0e64.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Sed1892.png

DriveClub

Sd0c648.png

Shadow Warrior

PS3

S34072c.png

STAR OCEAN THE LAST HOPE -INTERNATIONAL-

S6f591f.png

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell HD

Sf2d681.png

Resident Evil 5

Vita

S9bc30d.png

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1

Sb259b3.png

Germinator

CHALLENGES

PS4

???

PS3

S57a5f1.png

BioShock

Challenged by: James_Tonto

Vita

???

Pending Challenges

Bioshock 2 - Challenged by James_Tonto

Bionic Commando - Challenged by James_Tonto

Dead Space 2 - Challenged by James_Tonto

Dead Space Extraction - Challenged by James_Tonto

Completed Challenges

S414f9d.png

Dead Space

Challenged by James_Tonto

Fail Stamp – MEDIAlliance Intl

FAILURES

Yes, you read that right. Failures. My goal with any game is to get the platinum and/or 100% completion rating. Should I be unable to for some reason, due to multiplayer server shutdowns or glitched trophies for example, my next goal is to get as many trophies as possible, excluding those that are unattainable. From there, my third and final goal is to attain at minimum a higher percentage of completion than my friends and/or surpass the average overall completion of the game, whichever is higher. These are the games that I just couldn't get done. I was defeated, but along the way there are stories to be told, and lessons to be learned. This section will hold those stories.

PS3

Sd333a6.png

White Knight Chronicles

5%

White Knight Chronicles was a good game in my opinion. I never beat it the first time I played it though. I got caught up in something else, and it fell through the cracks. However, when White Knight Chronicles II came out, I was ready to play it again. Unfortunately, WKC2 said it came with WKC on the same disk, so I traded in the original disk. It was only when I got home with WKC2 that I learned that I was no longer able to unlock trophies for the original version of the game, leaving this game below the average, and on the failure list. What did I learn? Don't trade in a game before you know for sure you're done with it.

PS4

S98c61e.png

Madden NFL 25

35%

Madden. A sports game. One of my least favorite genres, and arguably the one I'm worst at. Yet, for some unknown reason, I decided to play it at a friend's house. Could I have gotten a higher percentage? Probably. Would I have ever had a chance to get the platinum? Unlikely. Will I ever know? Nope, because my friend traded it in, leaving me with this blemish on my trophy list. This game is another that is considered a failure due to my friend having a higher completion rating than I do.

Vita

S64cbc3.png

BreakQuest: Extra Evolution

9%

This game was free to play on the Vita, and so I picked it up. However, I didn't do enough research into the game, and soon learned that after running out of lives, the only way to get more is to buy them. As a game I'm not incredibly fond of, I wasn't about to pay to play anymore, and so it falls to my list of failures, considering I did not even obtain the average completion rating. The lesson to be learned here? Free to play doesn't always mean anything.

TROPHY LEVEL

Trophies that push me to the next level will be listed here. I am adjusting them to what I believe they would have been, accounting for the missing timestamp trophies on my trophy log, so this list will not completely match the stats on the site.

2Sdb08af.png

profile-bar-level.png 1. Back in the Saddle profile-bar-level.png

PS3 - Modern Warfare 2

March 3, 2011

7Sa66343.png

profile-bar-level.png 2. Soap on a Rope profile-bar-level.png

PS3 - Modern Warfare 2

March, 5, 2011

16Sa7bdef.png

profile-bar-level.png 3. Turistas profile-bar-level.png

PS3 - Modern Warfare 2

March 11, 2011

35S025cd2.png

profile-bar-level.png 4. Professional profile-bar-level.png

PS3 - Modern Warfare 2

March 31, 2011

14S0d6f56.png

profile-bar-level.png 5. Heavy Hand profile-bar-level.png

PS3 - Call of Duty: Black Ops

June 6, 2011

13Sf332ca.png

profile-bar-level.png 6. Precious profile-bar-level.png

PS3 - Dante's Inferno

June 21, 2011

29S15f728.png

profile-bar-level.png 7. Poetry in Motion profile-bar-level.png

PS3 - Dante's Inferno

July 3, 2011

36Sede6ef.png

profile-bar-level.png 8. Key To Success profile-bar-level.png

PS3 - God of War

July 21, 2011

9S02c637.png

profile-bar-level.png 9. Wanted: Krom profile-bar-level.png

PS3 - Borderlands

July 28, 2011

21S637093.png

profile-bar-level.png 10. Am I The Daddy? profile-bar-level.png

PS3 - inFAMOUS 2

August 11, 2011

25Sf197c4.png

profile-bar-level.png 11. Bhelen's Ally profile-bar-level.png

PS3 - Dragon Age: Origins

September 1, 2011

8S065197.png

profile-bar-level.png 12. Wheel Collector profile-bar-level.png

PS3 - Astro Tripper

September 20, 2011

16Sc25627.png

profile-bar-level.png 13. Took the Highway profile-bar-level.png

PS3 - Dead Nation

December 10, 2011

37S519f2e.png

profile-bar-level.png 14. Big Tower Fall Down profile-bar-level.png

PS3 - Jak 3

February 28, 2012

8S0fb215.png

profile-bar-level.png 15. Strong of Body profile-bar-level.png

PS3 - Agarest Records of War Zero

April 28, 2012

4S1fc340.png

profile-bar-level.png 16. Shadow Warrior profile-bar-level.png

PS3 - Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones

August 31, 2012

2Sfa1a2c.png

profile-bar-level.png 17. The Actors are All in Play! profile-bar-level.png

PS3 - Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi

November 24, 2012

30S098086.png

profile-bar-level.png 18. Like A Hot Knife Through Butter profile-bar-level.png

PS3 - Devil May Cry 2

May 7, 2013

13Sa67806.png

profile-bar-level.png 19. A Knife to the Heart profile-bar-level.png

PS3 - Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

August 2, 2013

20S861b92.png

profile-bar-level.png 20. Lucky Find profile-bar-level.png

Vita - Dokuro

January 4, 2014

33Sca2cb2.png

profile-bar-level.png 21. Monster Bane profile-bar-level.png

PS3 - FINAL FANTASY XIII: LIGHTNING RETURNS

March 29, 2014

10S79cc51.png

profile-bar-level.png 22. Win profile-bar-level.png

PS3 - Sonic the Hedgehog

June 26, 2014

7Sf76fd2.png

profile-bar-level.png 23. Defeating An Old Friend profile-bar-level.png

PS3/PS4/Vita - FINAL FANTASY X-2 HD

October 11, 2014

2S042560.png

profile-bar-level.png 24. Enter Class Zero profile-bar-level.png

PS4 - FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD

March 17, 2015

37Saf631b.png

profile-bar-level.png 25. Alien Homeworld profile-bar-level.png

PS4/Vita - Final Horizon

May 17, 2015

22See0896.png

profile-bar-level.png 26. Challenge from the Inner Darkness profile-bar-level.png

PS3 - KINGDOM HEARTS Re: Chain of Memories

August 23, 2015

24Se69ee9.png

profile-bar-level.png 27. Star Walk of Fame profile-bar-level.png

PS4 - Rory McIllroy PGA TOUR

February 20, 2016

Edited by Styx2319
  • Like 4

I know, right? I spent hours just trying to grind out that last trophy :P

Actually, I was trying to get it to reserve a few posts after the original just in case I fill it up and need more space, but it kept adding Reserved to the original post. Not sure what was up there. Oh well, guess I'll just hope I don't need extra room anytime soon!

Edited by Styx2319

Nice list!

Extra congratulations for your RAGE plat. That's one you don't see quite often. :D

As some people above said, just add some images to make it more...ehem, attractive.

For everything else:

thumsup.jpg

Keep it up.

• Like 1

Thanks! I'm still working on it. I'm planning on adding my PSN 100%'s, proper comments about the games, and maybe even some of my "failures" and honorable mentions. Images and stuff are coming guys, I promise! lol It's just going to take me a bit of time to get this all worked up

Thanks! I'm still working on it. I'm planning on adding my PSN 100%'s, proper comments about the games, and maybe even some of my "failures" and honorable mentions. Images and stuff are coming guys, I promise! lol It's just going to take me a bit of time to get this all worked up

Yeah, take your time, buddy. This is your trophy checklist/cabinet after all. And impressive platinum trophies you got there. Rage is surprisingly the only plat that I rarely see anyone get, actually.

Really? Rage? I don't remember it being that bad of a plat. I enjoyed it, and it wasn't nearly as difficult as some of the other plats I got. Unless I'm forgetting something lol. It's been a fair piece since I've played it.

I know, right? I spent hours just trying to grind out that last trophy :P

Actually, I was trying to get it to reserve a few posts after the original just in case I fill it up and need more space, but it kept adding Reserved to the original post. Not sure what was up there. Oh well, guess I'll just hope I don't need extra room anytime soon!

This isn't playstationtrophies.org. You can edit your post whenever you want and you can make it as long as you want as well, so take your time. You've got a pretty cool list of plats.

Edited by Azaan60

We have a lot of the same plats. With that said, that is one fine collection of plats there Styx.

I look forward to seeing the Honorable Mentions and Failures sections when you complete them. It's never easy giving up on a plat and I like to read people's reasons why they did. 

Really? Rage? I don't remember it being that bad of a plat. I enjoyed it, and it wasn't nearly as difficult as some of the other plats I got. Unless I'm forgetting something lol. It's been a fair piece since I've played it.

Rage looks easy, or decent, at least. Yeah, I'm surprised as to why I never see many people achieve the plat. Maybe cause they're not interested on getting it, or don't like the game? I mean, I know over 20 friends that have the game, and surprisingly none of them have the plat. And like 10 of these friends of mine are trophy hunters, and like 3 or 4 of them are like hardcore trophy hunters, yet, none of them have the Rage platinum trophy. I mean, it don't matter, it's just a bit tad odd to me. Game seems really good to me, though. I do plan on getting it, and if I like it enough, I may pursue and obtain the plat if I'm intrigued on doing so.

Rage looks easy, or decent, at least. Yeah, I'm surprised as to why I never see many people achieve the plat. Maybe cause they're not interested on getting it, or don't like the game? I mean, I know over 20 friends that have the game, and surprisingly none of them have the plat. And like 10 of these friends of mine are trophy hunters, and like 3 or 4 of them are like hardcore trophy hunters, yet, none of them have the Rage platinum trophy. I mean, it don't matter, it's just a bit tad odd to me. Game seems really good to me, though. I do plan on getting it, and if I like it enough, I may pursue and obtain the plat if I'm intrigued on doing so.

Rage is my second rarest plat I believe. I think Prototype is my only Ultra Rare platinum. I think there were a couple online trophies on Rage though. Might be shut down servers now? It's been awhile since I've played it, so I can't remember. I'll have to look into that sometime.

Rage is my second rarest plat I believe. I think Prototype is my only Ultra Rare platinum. I think there were a couple online trophies on Rage though. Might be shut down servers now? It's been awhile since I've played it, so I can't remember. I'll have to look into that sometime.

I know nothing about Rage personally, other than it seems to be one of these games, people start playing, lose interest, and then pick up again. Almost everyone who I've heard or read talking about this game, had a similar reaction, it was super-weird  :dunno:. If you want some more ultra-rare plats in your collection, I recommend Brutal Legend, Mirror's Edge, Little Big Planet, XCOM - Enemy Unknown & Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee.  

If you want some more ultra-rare plats in your collection, I recommend Brutal Legend, Mirror's Edge, Little Big Planet, XCOM - Enemy Unknown & Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee.

Other than Brutal Legend, I have all of those on my backlog. I've started LBP but kinda put it aside because of the community trophies. Might try to go back and get that plat one day soon! Thanks for the suggestions :)

Wow, massive improvement! It's looking really good, very very detailed and great presentation. Good job c:

Thanks. I think I might add some comments on my 100%'s later, but for now, I just wanted to get it looking good lol

• Like 1

I see you're taking Challenges? Well I'm not sure if you own these games, but I'm going to challenge you to complete any of the following games. If you can acquire them, which should be relatively easy, as I won't be challenging you to complete any brand new, recent releases. So you should be able to pick them up, rather cheaply.

Bioshock (You can do the DLC, if you're up for more challenges too.)

Bioshock 2

Bionic Commando

Dead Space

Dead Space 2

Dead Space Extraction

I see you're taking Challenges? Well I'm not sure if you own these games, but I'm going to challenge you to complete any of the following games. If you can acquire them, which should be relatively easy, as I won't be challenging you to complete any brand new, recent releases. So you should be able to pick them up, rather cheaply.

Bioshock (You can do the DLC, if you're up for more challenges too.)

Bioshock 2

Bionic Commando

Dead Space

Dead Space 2

Dead Space Extraction

All of these have been placed in my pending challenges. Bioshock is also being officially accepted as my first challenge, especially since I was already planning on starting it tomorrow anyway with Superbuu3's Let's Play :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...