Weird orange thing

Mine makes 3 years old in +5 months and played it a lot already with max brightness (pluged too)

so i doubt to be degradation, did you aply a screen filter? didn't drop it anywhere?

do you clean the screen one time per week with anything similar to a fiber cloth at least? (accumulating fingerprint on OLED could be bad too)

Edited by Nelson_Otaku

Mine makes 3 years old in +5 months and played it a lot already with max brightness (pluged too)

so i doubt to be degradation, did you aply a screen filter? didn't drop it anywhere?

do you clean the screen one time per week with anything similar to a fiber cloth at least? (accumulating fingerprint on oled could be bad too)

I've never opened my unit, and I don't plan to.

I got a message from a friend, he said that the 'burn' is normal with the phat, and it happens while playing with it while charging. I don't know if that's true or not, but according to him, it tends to do that, and it's not necessarily a defect.  

I've never opened my unit, and I don't plan to.

I got a message from a friend, he said that the 'burn' is normal with the phat, and it happens while playing with it while charging. I don't know if that's true or not, but according to him, it tends to do that, and it's not necessarily a defect.  

Didn't mention about opening anything, when i talked about screen filter and fiber cloth to clean screen i meant this:  https://youtu.be/sd9EDPtcxYo?t=15s

still believe that using an LCD or OLED touch screen without protection is a no go for me (it helps prevent damage from finger sweat and easier to clean it too)

though again could not be your case, just a suggestion and possible issue.

Edited by Nelson_Otaku

Sounds like a weird case of screen-burn, especially since you say you can only see it at a certain angle. Lots of iPhone users have similar problems when using it while charging.

This is probably it. It only occurs on the phat PS Vitas when a static (mostly a non moving) image stays on the Vita too long. This happened to me while playing Metal Gear Solid 3 as the pause menu in that game (for whatever reason) prevents the system from going to sleep automatically. For about half a year, whenever my system was on and had a black screen, I could see faint images of the camouflage from MGS3's pause menu.

Just don't let your Vita have a static image for too long. If you don't need to use it, just put it to sleep and it should be fine.

No I'm not. I'm using the official charger.

Hmmm.

Wierd one then - it seems that your charger is overheating the port - which would generally mean tou are getting a higher amplitude than you are supposed to get - id reccomend replacing the charger at least - have you noticed that the lower portion is heating up when you are charging an playing at the same time?

Hmmm.

Wierd one then - it seems that your charger is overheating the port - which would generally mean tou are getting a higher amplitude than you are supposed to get - id reccomend replacing the charger at least - have you noticed that the lower portion is heating up when you are charging an playing at the same time?

At times, yeah.

Update! I had my unit checked from an expert, and according to him, it is a screen burn from prolonged playing while charging. The good news though he said is that it's more of cosmetic and it won't affect the overall screen. If it's a total burn, or if I'm totally O.C., the screen will need a replacement. 

Anyway, thank you guys for the heads-up. 

Edited by xuanlong-huangdi