We Play Ys: Memories of Celceta

No problem. You're not upgrading ultimate weapons and armour by using items, right? Because that's ridiculously expensive.

No, I'm planning to use the materials. I have a lot of Slime Molds and Awful Carapaces left from my skill grinding escapades, so the material shortage isn't a problem. Money, on the other hand... I have around 500000 saved up, but I'm not sure it will be enough.

If people want to all pop the plat on a specific day or something feel free to try and hold off a trophy for a certain day. I think JeieeM suggested the max item upgrade trophy, which should be easy to hold off till the designated time although I guess the time attack trophies could work to.

I did? couldn't remember >_<

how about hold off All the Things while waiting for others? The trophy requires you to have all the items and since the 6th Sun Stone (needed for 6th ultimate weapon) could only be obtained in last dungeon in NG+... why not hold off upgrading the last weapon, get rest of the trophies even finishing Nightmare mode (of course having a back up save before clearing the game), Boss Rush etc. while waiting for others... that's the easiest way I could think of so far... *shrug* the other trophies I could think of are Waking Dream or Untouchable

Ho, well now I'm puzzled! I've found four empty harvest points (two in Sanctuary Approach, one in Ashen Forest and one in the Forest of Dawn: West), but even after I've filled in the blanks, the percentage didn't budge an inch - still 99,3%.

you mean for Stupendous Scavenger?

will quote Draggy's guide on this one...

For this trophy you must discover all 282 Resource Points. It's not exactly clear what counts as "discovered", so it's best to attack the Rescource Point. If the AI partymembers attack it, that counts too. Resource Points are found in the forest and in the dungeon areas. They are depicted as a green vine and a grey stone. Progress carries over between playthroughs, but it's nearly impossible to keep track of which Resource Points you've discovered so far. It's best to work on this trophy along with 0e8a5f.png Master Cartographer and 368dd8.png Treasure Hunter.

Note: You do NOT have to receive all the resources from the Resource Point to count for this trophy. For example, if the resource point says "Sturdy Lumber, --------" it still counts for the trophy. 

which means you still needs to find a couple of "undiscovered" resource points, having blank entries on dungeon and map resource points don't actually 100% meant you discovered a resource point, there is a possibility that there is a resource point that you have already discovered but didn't get all the resources it could offer... good luck... it is kinda frustrating at that point... what I did is I patiently compare my map to a map with 100% resource points and attack all of the resource point just to make sure since I think it is not exactly clear ATM what counts as "discovered"...

Edited by JeieeM

No, I'm planning to use the materials. I have a lot of Slime Molds and Awful Carapaces left from my skill grinding escapades, so the material shortage isn't a problem. Money, on the other hand... I have around 500000 saved up, but I'm not sure it will be enough.

It's a lot cheaper to just upgrade the cheapest weapons and armours and use those as a base material for the ultimate weapons and armour. With this method you only upgrade each ultmate 3 times. You can buy those cheap equipment in casnan. See the guide for the full version.

which means you still needs to find a couple of "undiscovered" resource points, having blank entries on dungeon and map resource points don't actually 100% meant you discovered a resource point, there is a possibility that there is a resource point that you have already discovered but didn't get all the resources it could offer... good luck... it is kinda frustrating at that point... what I did is I patiently compare my map to a map with 100% resource points and attack all of the resource point just to make sure since I think it is not exactly clear ATM what counts as "discovered"...

*screams of anguish*

hmmm... sorry for intrusion but AFAIK, the money needed for upgrade doesn't actually depends on the materials using on the upgrade, but on how many times you try to upgrade the weapon/armor... so I think it is more expensive to use lots of cheap materials than using few higher class materials and it is highly recommended to always use the best materials available (if not the Gold Pedestal) on upgrading... I don't have my Vita ATM therefore I can't confirm... might test later and give update... :3

I know, I calculated the amount of gold spent doing both ways and upgrading 2 weapons to the max + 1 weapon with all stats to "3" is still a lot cheaper than upgrading the ultimate weapon with materials. I've experimented a lot and put the fastest and cheapest method in the guide.

• Like 1

I know, I calculated the amount of gold spent doing both ways and upgrading 2 weapons to the max + 1 weapon with all stats to "3" is still a lot cheaper than upgrading the ultimate weapon with materials. I've experimented a lot and put the fastest and cheapest method in the guide.

kyaa.... I figured something is off at my comment and tried to delete it before you could read it but I guess I am not fast enough :P

Edited by JeieeM

Ho, well now I'm puzzled! I've found four empty harvest points (two in Sanctuary Approach, one in Ashen Forest and one in the Forest of Dawn: West), but even after I've filled in the blanks, the percentage didn't budge an inch - still 99,3%

That happened to me and the trophy popped when I "saw" the final harvest point.  It was in a position in the colonial lab that could only be reached slightly later so I know it wasn't hit by anyone.  This makes me think that if it is on the map it is counted even if it isn't harvested.  To check my map, I ran to each area, opened the mini map and counted the harvest points on that and then compared the number to that shown in the complimentary guide.  Doing it this way I found one of my missing harvest points and was sure I hadn't missed anything.  I then went through the dungeons and counted the harvest point there the check I had those (my second missing one was in the jade cave pretty much the simplest dungeon in the game!)

CHECKPOINT 10 REACHED

I have reached the end of the game.

I have bought the gold pedestal and upgraded all three ulimate weapons and armour to +72. 

Edited by aerosol_grey
  • Like 1

That happened to me and the trophy popped when I "saw" the final harvest point.  It was in a position in the colonial lab that could only be reached slightly later so I know it wasn't hit by anyone.  This makes me think that if it is on the map it is counted even if it isn't harvested.  To check my map, I ran to each area, opened the mini map and counted the harvest points on that and then compared the number to that shown in the complimentary guide.  Doing it this way I found one of my missing harvest points and was sure I hadn't missed anything.  I then went through the dungeons and counted the harvest point there the check I had those (my second missing one was in the jade cave pretty much the simplest dungeon in the game!)

CHECKPOINT 10 REACHED

I have reached the end of the game.

I have bought the gold pedestal and upgraded all three ulimate weapons and armour to +72. 

Congrats :yay: and nicely done with the ultimate weapons and armour.

Mini update: I'm extremely close to getting Jack of All Trades, and plan to start upgrading shortly after.  After beating Foria I will be slowly checking the map all over again, because I just can't allow myself to move on without 100% ing those blasted harvest points. If I won't get lucky enough until Nightmare starts, I'll follow everyone else.

Extremely sorry for lagging behind, but this turn of events was entirely unforeseen by me.

Mr. Xanatos would be ashamed...

Mini update: I'm extremely close to getting Jack of All Trades, and plan to start upgrading shortly after.  After beating Foria I will be slowly checking the map all over again, because I just can't allow myself to move on without 100% ing those blasted harvest points. If I won't get lucky enough until Nightmare starts, I'll follow everyone else.

Extremely sorry for lagging behind, but this turn of events was entirely unforeseen by me.

Mr. Xanatos would be ashamed...

I wouldn't worry I am also in same position and will not be able to get back to this till weekend. I am sure we will both catch up again :)

If anyone is having difficulties and needs more detailed checkpoints refer to opening post if there is still confusion just ask. I will have discussion points up when a couple more people have beaten the game.

Checkpoint 11: Clear Ancient Burrow and Sacred Beast's Lair on Nightmare Difficulty(Completed 0 out of 17)

*sigh*

Well, then I'll just create an extra Normal save from my first playthrough and get moving...

Still one harvest point short and completely at my wits' end...

Thats probably sensible to do. I personally used the maps in dragon archons guide and hilriously the resource that didn't show up on the map was the one in the area just in front of the lab which is the last section in the game.

For me at least resource points that had -------- for each resource that I then located didn't seem to add my percentage, but the one i was missing wasn't even visible on the map at all.

Thats probably sensible to do. I personally used the maps in dragon archons guide and hilriously the resource that didn't show up on the map was the one in the area just in front of the lab which is the last section in the game.

For me at least resource points that had -------- for each resource that I then located didn't seem to add my percentage, but the one i was missing wasn't even visible on the map at all.

You mean the second area of the Colonia Battlefield?

You mean the second area of the Colonia Battlefield?

Yeah from there head towards the lab, the area just before the lab is huge and there's a resource point in the middle next to a giant rock, I was hugging walls for the map thing which is why i missed this despite it being in the centre of the area.

Edited by Superbuu3

Yeah from there head towards the lab, the area just before the lab is huge and there's a resource point in the middle next to a giant rock, I was hugging walls for the map thing which is why i missed this despite it being in the centre of the area.

Aw, already have that one. Hm, where the heck can it be? I don't have any blanks anywhere, including dungeons, and I did the mini-map to guide comparison...

*sigh*

Well, then I'll just create an extra Normal save from my first playthrough and get moving...

Still one harvest point short and completely at my wits' end...

Resource points carry over to NG+. Best of luck with finding the missing RP.

I also missed a resource point because I was hugging the walls. It turned out to be in the Forest of Dawn East 5 area.

That was one of the ones I was missing as well!  The other was in the first part of the jade cave, south of the entrance to the second area, the wall was filled in on the map so I assumed I had found everything but, when I went closer the resource appeared.  I found it because on my third run through I counted the harvest points and I had one less than the guide said.

I've just hit checkpoint 11.

Quite a long checkpoint, but I definitely got through it a lot quicker than last time: not only because I now know where everything is, but additionally because I now have no problems skipping the dialogue (I'm only now starting to appreciate how much there is!)

Just to make sure, with the exception of the Weapon Testing side-quests, there no real reason to bother with the other side-quests, right? Although I have admittedly completed all of them up until this point, I'm thinking that I might just ignore them because they don't seem to be particularly beneficial.

I've just hit checkpoint 11.

Quite a long checkpoint, but I definitely got through it a lot quicker than last time: not only because I now know where everything is, but additionally because I now have no problems skipping the dialogue (I'm only now starting to appreciate how much there is!)

Just to make sure, with the exception of the Weapon Testing side-quests, there no real reason to bother with the other side-quests, right? Although I have admittedly completed all of them up until this point, I'm thinking that I might just ignore them because they don't seem to be particularly beneficial.

Congrats :yay:

If you've succesfully completed all the side quests during the first playthrough, got Duren's enemy entry, crafted and bought all the items in Comodo, and obtained all 4 wreaths from Happy Present, there's no need to complete the other side quests again on NG+. Though there's a side quest in Danan that rewards items that raise your max hp, strength and defense. And another side quest at the end of the game in Casnan that gives a 300 hp boost. The side quest in Casnan requires you to complete the Fabros Milk side quest at the start of the game.