Official PSNP Song Vote VIII

Dav9834

Be Sure to Watch the Mashup Video First to Hear all the Contestants Songs! (Multiple choice allowed)  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Be Sure to ***Watch the Mashup Video First*** to Hear all the Contestants Songs! Which songs did you like the most? Multiple choices are allowed**

• #1 The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody
    • #2 Five Finger Death Punch - Under & Over It
    • #3 Lil Jon x Ringo Hiyori - Whistle Low
    • #4 Sublime - Garden Grove
    • #5 Scorpions - Rock You Like A Hurricane
    • #6 Slackcircus Studios - HEYYEYAAEYAAEYAEYAA
    • #7 Emphatic - What Are You Afraid Of?
    • #8 Dave Porter - Dimple Pinch Neat
    • #9 Bob Marley - Three Little Birds
    • #10 Aimee Blackschleger – Invisible Invaders
    • #11 Masako Otsuka - Capricious Winds
    • #12 Vanessa Mae - Summer
    • #13 Dean Martin - Ain't That A Kick In The Head
    • #14 Daddy DJ - Daddy DJ
    • #15 Hayseed Dixie - Centerfold
    • #16 Schmoyoho - OH MY DAYUM
    • #17 Megurine Luka - Megane/Glasses
    • #18 Blue Oyster Cult - Don't Fear the Reaper
    • #19 Frederic Chopin - Nocturne no. 1 op. 9 in B flat minor
    • #20 Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over
  2. 2. What should be the "Loose Limitation" of Official PSNP Song Vote IX ***NO*** Multiple Choice

• Songs with Limited Vocals
    • Any Song From 1970-2000
    • Any Song inside a TvShow/Anime/Movie
    • Male/Female Vocalist Combo
    • New Songs (2014-2015)
    • Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, etc

@Avatar I have listened to a lot of rock songs, but it is kind of hard to pick one that will, hopefully, get me the platinum, or at least a gold.

Ahh. I don't think of going for any trophies when posting. Although SV is a popularity contest I post only what I like or think best fits the theme.

I was thinking about taking the next few song votes off. See if we can't get more people here.

Although since I was the one who listed the male/female singer option I might participate in that one if it wins.

Boston is not soft rock, it's a commercialized over-processed form of prog rock. Soft rock is more like James Taylor, Bread, Air Supply, and Carole King.

Ever since I listened to a few of their songs I always thought of them as soft rock. They are listed as soft and progressive though. I don't listen to any of those artists you listed...

Sorry for semi-late reply. Trying to learn something new and it's not going well lol.

Ever since I listened to a few of their songs I always thought of them as soft rock. They are listed as soft and progressive though. I don't listen to any of those artists you listed...

Sorry for semi-late reply. Trying to learn something new and it's not going well lol.

You're not missing much, those are the types of artists you'd listen to fall asleep to.

Ok obviously the rock theme is getting a little confusing for some, including myself. So to simplify it, anything you consider to be any kind of rock will suffice. We'll deliberate if it's not rock. Soft hard metal heck banjo rock, it's all a go if that theme wins. If in doubt check music sites. Or just PM me or any of the members :D. Cause Song Votes about having a good time without a lot of strictness(besides a few things...) and technicalities. :D

Genres are pretty fluid, which is why it's pretty hard to stick to a theme that way. Probably should stick to more concrete themes, like cover songs for instance. Cover songs are easy, just pick a song that was written and performed by one artist, only be done by a totally different artist later. My favorite covers are the ones you didn't even suspect are covers, like Lynyrd Skynyrd doing J.J. Cale's "Call Me The Breeze"

The Cover:

The Original:

• Like 1

And that's it! 

Winners will be announced shortly!

Great songs everyone!!

And Song Vote IX will have

Loose Limitation: Male/Female Vocalist Combo

Sorry usually I remind earlier about when voting ends, but got caught up with family. Sorry again!!!

Edited by Dav9834

Yeah, I think it was neck & neck the whole time, wasn't it? :P

About the next theme though: it just has to have both a male & female vocalist in it, right?

When I nominated the theme that was my intention. Idk if any spins are going to be put on it though.  :huh:

I have it down to 2 possible songs but I'm pretty sure I know what I'm going to use. It was the song I had in mind my first time mentioning it during a previous SV.

Now to find a freakin picture...

Winners2.jpg

Congratulations to the Winners!!

And Everyone Who Participated! Great Songs Everyone!! 

I Thoroughly Enjoyed Hearing All of Them!!  :D

Platinum Winner/s

platinum_A-Brawl3r.png

Gold Winner/s

Gold_%2BSpazza136.png

Silver Winner/s

Silver_Garciafever.png

Bronze Winner/s

Bronze_kuuhaku.pngBronze_bubba3m.png

Bronze_Goro.pngBronze_Neku-tan.png

FirstPost_Garciafever.pngLastPost_Raitandrul.png

Click for Signature version