Hard Drive Replacement help

Yukizm69

Hi all,

I'm thinking of upgrading my PS4 Hard Drive to a 1TB/2TB because the damned thing is almost already full. I saw some video's and guides here and there and from what I gathered it needs to be 2.5" x 9.5mm.

Basically my question is what other specs should I check before I buy one (GBps, RPM ect..) and what brand or does any brand do?

If anyone has done this feel free recommending what Hard Drive model you bought. 

Regards,

YukiZM69

Edited by Yukizm69

RPM doesn't matter, GBps also doesn't matter if it's listed as compatible.

The only time an improvement in performance is noticed is if you move to SSD.

I see, I just thought that since the current PS4 Hard Drive only reaches 3GBps (could be wrong here) I shouldn't exceed that limit.

What do you guys think on this one?

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-HN-M201RAD-Momentus-SpinPoint-ST2000LM003/dp/B00I8O6OQ4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435243533&sr=8-1&keywords=2TB+Samsung+seagate+momentus+spinpoint+2.5

Edited by Yukizm69

• 3 weeks later...

As others have said you can't go wrong with the Samsung m9 series. Good price and in my experience (2tb now and had a 1tb in my dead PS3) solid quality

Just remember to download the correct firmware onto a USB and set up the folders correctly as described on the play station website

• Like 1