Five Games I Think Are Better Than Grand Theft Auto V

Remilia Scarlet

Well for me any game I've played is better than GTA, but Im not a fan of the series, not at all. In other hand, I do have respect for the series, every single specialized midia I read ranked GTA V as a masterpiece, this still dont make me want to play but make me have a kind of earned respect for it.

I picked up Sleeping Dogs a while after GTA V, and in comparison; the driving in Sleeping Dogs just seems really off to me. But I guess that's what GTA does best: the driving and the shooting.

I'd still say GTA: San Andreas is the best entry in the series, but GTA V is an extremely solid game.

It doesnt say anything, at least to me, because personally I give a shit about multiplayer and do it just because trophies.

And personally, GTA:Online is reeeally boring. When it would be something like the singleplayer, but in CoOp, well, that would be awesome.

But GTA:Online as it is now is just boooriiiing for me. When you guys are buying your games just because graphics and nonsense PvP, which nearly every AAA-games has needlessly anyway, then... yeah... its your decision, but I want a PLOT. I want something that is worth my money. I want to support their creativity. And, seriously, your comparision to SaintsRow sucks, because SaintsRow3 is the weirdest, craziest and funniest... most creative AA...A... ... westerngame I have had played in my whole life. And in this way, the "budget-game" is crushingly beating your "AAA-game". :P I mean GTA5 even tried to copy a bit of the weirdness - That mission where you (Michael) are on drugs - but.. meh, that was a bad try.

It is creative and funny, I've played all the Saints Row games and enjoyed each one of them. I'm just talking purely about the size of what each has to offer, Saints Row only has a co-op campaign and a few mini game activities to do. GTA on the other hand is massive, offering tons of mini games, activites, challenges and even user created content. It may not have co-op but it has co-op activities like heist which are a blast to do. There's frequent updates with new content and all DLC is free.

It has nothing to do with the graphics or PVP for me, its just the sheer amount of things you have to explore that has me hooked.

It is creative and funny, I've played all the Saints Row games and enjoyed each one of them. I'm just talking purely about the size of what each has to offer, Saints Row only has a co-op campaign and a few mini game activities to do. GTA on the other hand is massive, offering tons of mini games, activites, challenges and even user created content. It may not have co-op but it has co-op activities like heist which are a blast to do. There's frequent updates with new content and all DLC is free.

It has nothing to do with the graphics or PVP for me, its just the sheer amount of things you have to explore that has me hooked.

Yeah... "We have no ideas, so, just play online and do whatever you want and eh, lets hide our uncreativity behind usercreated-content. People will think its a feature anyway and will praise us up into heaven, because we are fucking Rockstar! ... ehehehe we are so genius!" ... veeeery creative...

GTA also has a relatively realistic setting, which makes it uncreative anyway. I mean... basicly I can do everything in GTA5 in real too. Right? :P There is nothing I would need imagination or whatever for it. ... If you want to visit a stripclub, then do it. Why do you need GTA for it? ;)

I mean, when GTA5 would be a least in the 80s or earlier... but a present-setting? With Facebook, smartphones and stuff? Seriously? How boring...

But, hey, I also dont understand why all the FPSgames now are taking place in the future. How creative can it be, when all games are doing the same? But, on the other hand... well, people play in FPSgames only multiplayer anyway... who cares for creativity...

Yeah... "We have no ideas, so, just play online and do whatever you want and eh, lets hide our uncreativity behind usercreated-content. People will think its a feature anyway and will praise us up into heaven, because we are fucking Rockstar! ... ehehehe we are so genius!" ... veeeery creative...

GTA also has a relatively realistic setting, which makes it uncreative anyway. I mean... basicly I can do everything in GTA5 in real too. Right? :P There is nothing I would need imagination or whatever for it. ... If you want to visit a stripclub, then do it. Why do you need GTA for it? ;)

I mean, when GTA5 would be a least in the 80s or earlier... but a present-setting? With Facebook, smartphones and stuff? Seriously? How boring...

But, hey, I also dont understand why all the FPSgames now are taking place in the future. How creative can it be, when all games are doing the same? But, on the other hand... well, people play in FPSgames only multiplayer anyway... who cares for creativity...

That's completely subjective to what you value as creativity. The setting is nothing new but if you look at it in terms of what it offers in comparison to other games up until that point gameplay and content wise it is completely new and fresh. No other game has been able to offer that MMO-esque interactive sandbox multiplayer that GTAV nailed, the only game that has ever come close is Rockstars own Red Dead Redemption.

I also don't think user created content is a way to hide your lack of creativity but rather allow others to embrace theirs. Keep in mind not all creation tools are fun to use, these are and they help build a sense of community within the game.

It's better that GTA IV. Can't compare it to GTA V cause I gave up on the series.

GTA 4 isn't a bad game, it's just very dated. Saints Row 3 was so tedious to play, sure, some of the absurd aspects of the game are fun initially, but it gets so repetitive during the midpoint. 

GTA5 on the other hand, that game managed to perfect the sandbox gameplay style. I'm not a fan of the story myself, i've finished it twice, but towards the end it gets noticeably rushed, to the point where i was just wishing it would end during both play-throughs. Red Dead is a great example of how to produce a sandbox game with a strong narrative. 

The gameplay though, now that's where the GTA5 shines. Rockstar spent years developing those shooting mechanics and that driving system, and they both work excellently. The world map is huge, and now that the online has been given a 2-year treatment, the multiplayer is great. 

If the story were stronger then i'd say GTA5 is most definitely the greatest sandbox game of all time, but for now that would go to Red Dead Redemption. 

So are you suggesting GTA 5 is a bad game because it's realistic??

So are you suggesting GTA 5 is a bad game because it's realistic??

This is not what I have said, but when you want to assume it this way... Yes, then GTA5 is for me a bad game because realism in games is boring for me :P And dont forget the multiplayer... the crown of uncreativity. :)

This is not what I have said, but when you want to assume it this way... Yes, then GTA5 is for me a bad game because realism in games is boring for me :P And dont forget the multiplayer... the crown of uncreativity. :)

Allowing players freedom in multiplayer is not lack of creativity, its the parameters set by Rockstar that allow such creativity and entertainment. I didn't like GTAO much either till the heists became a thing and they added a bunch of new jobs, but to dismiss its freedom because its well....freedom, makes no sense. That's like saying every open world game lacks creativity because of the freedom it provides.

Also GTA V is not realistic. At all. Its world is ludicrous satire, and it works. It also allows a person to play out the fantasy of being a criminal.