A Stalker's Platinum Obsession

MStalker58

Added another one to "The Wall". Wasn't sure I'd be able to pull this one off and it was definitely a rewarding feeling seeing that plat finally pop.

40-platinum.png #104

Shadow of the Colossus

1L69143d.png

At one point, I was starting to feel like a badass and was ready to claim that SotC's difficulty was overrated. Then I met Gaius (aka Colossus #3) in Hard Time Attack. That was pure hell and had me giving Team ICO a double middle finger salute. Not to mention wishing some dark thoughts on the success/failure of The Last Guardian. After hours of failed attempts and complaining about it in the status updates, I decided to change my strategy a little. Within the next 5 attempts, I finally beat HTA #3 with a whole 6 seconds to spare. I was in a state of shock and had to double check my screen to make sure it wasn't -6.00 sec over the time limit. If a game is going to have time attacks, I really wish it would have precise controls and mechanics. Unfortunately, Wander never seemed to go where I wanted him to. So glad that is finally over.

Despite my frustrations with a couple of HTA's, I'm actually glad that I finally got to experience this game. I enjoyed how unique it was and that they did things completely different from most games. Things like the fact that there are only 16 enemies, all bosses, in the entire game. Also, there is very little hand holding or even much of a story. Everything in the game just feels organic, including the collectibles. You are basically just given a sword, bow, horse, and a general map (with no icons) and are free to explore while only being tasked with taking down the 16 Colossi. This allowed the environments and a great soundtrack to help shape the world and story. Overall, a unique experience that I mostly enjoyed but a couple of those HTA's were total BS.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Finally updated my checklist after forgetting about it for a while. Added my latest 5-6 platinums and updated other sections like backlog and what I'm currently playing. Here are the new plats added since the last update:

#105: GRID Autosport

1L34573a.png

#106: ICO

1L59fcfa.png

#107: Hitman 2: Silent Assassin

1Lb372ea.png

#108: Hitman: Contracts

1Lb372ea.png

#109: Hitman: Blood Money

1Lb372ea.png

#110: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

1L425cd7.png

• Like 1

do you already own DMC HD? if not get the UK edition as it will make Bloody Palace FUN and less of a chore. For some reason they have an Infinite Devil Trigger code and we do not. And Bloody Palace likes to glitch on you, it did on me in the 8000+ range. also if you have any questions about Resident Evil and RE0 let me know.

I see what you did there. Nobody outside of my immediate family ever calls me by my first name so I've heard it all. When people meet me for the 1st time and hear a friend call me "Stalker" they always think it's some weird nickname. Plus, whenever I use my license or debit card, I always hear some jokes. Never fails.

Haha I know what you mean.  I had this friend in high school with the last name Frisby, and so that is what everyone called him.

And you finally have it, nice :awesome:

Thanks and appreciate you setting up the session. How's it going for you? I noticed that STFU finished the online trophies and when I didn't hear from any of you all the next day, figured there were enough people. Looks like you still need to get the $1 million and "Unforgiven" trophies. Need any help finishing those?

do you already own DMC HD? if not get the UK edition as it will make Bloody Palace FUN and less of a chore. For some reason they have an Infinite Devil Trigger code and we do not. And Bloody Palace likes to glitch on you, it did on me in the 8000+ range. also if you have any questions about Resident Evil and RE0 let me know.

Unfortunately, I just recently bought the trilogy in the Capcom Playstation Humble Bundle and I believe that's the NA version. Guess I'll have to do it the hard way. Thanks for the advice and I might hit you up with some questions when I start on those RE games. Been a long time since I played the original versions.

Haha I know what you mean.  I had this friend in high school with the last name Frisby, and so that is what everyone called him.

Yep, I know how that is. I'm so used to it that whenever someone actually calls me by my first name, it usually takes me several seconds to realize they are even talking to me. They probably think I'm deaf or just being rude and ignoring them, but I'm just not used to people using anything but Stalker.  :)

Thanks and appreciate you setting up the session. How's it going for you? I noticed that STFU finished the online trophies and when I didn't hear from any of you all the next day, figured there were enough people. Looks like you still need to get the $1 million and "Unforgiven" trophies. Need any help finishing those?

Well I was pretty busy the rest of the week, so that is why I didnt really show up anymore :P

Anyways I only need ~150K to get the gold rush trophy and thats also the only online trophy that I still need. Hope to get it with the boosting session im in now :P

• 1 month later...

Got busy again and slacked off on updating my checklist. Finally found some time to work on getting it all back up to date. Added some new games to my backlog and here are my latest plats since the last post. Hopefully, I'll remember to update this more often now.

#111: Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands

1Lb1291f.png

#112: Crysis

1L480bbe.png

#113: Trine

1Lb91d05.png

#114: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

1L60ddf2.png

#115: Red Faction Armageddon

1L93f772.png

#116: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

1Laed705.png