What do you think about the trophies?

• 21 trophies
  • No platinum
  • And all trophies are bronze

Master Collector (Unlock all avatars) and Master Duelist (Win All Duelist Challenges) seem like the grindy trophies of the game but would just have to wait and see. The trophy for winning a duel with all Exodia cards in your hand seems like a challenging trophy to get as well but still a trophy I'm happy to see in the game xD

Your guy's thoughts?

I would have liked a platinum trophy, and I still need to know how you get new cards in the game.  If we are expected to spend real money on card packs, I don't care enough to get the game, but if we unlock many of the cards through natural progression, then I am more interested.

I still need to know how you get new cards in the game.  If we are expected to spend real money on card packs, I don't care enough to get the game, but if we unlock many of the cards through natural progression, then I am more interested.

Simply by playing through the campaign modes of every series, by beating a character (and after that in a reverse match beating the protagonist with the opponent) you unlock their signiture card and some other cards, booster packs to purchase and ingame currency, which imo is very generously given and you won't need grinding at all, however you will have to play through some of the game to really get into real and in-depth deck building.

There is also 4 DLC pack with 2 decks each (I don't think you can earn them in game), but thankfully no ingame purchases with real money, so it's not grindy.

I honestly expected way worse, this is really fair.

• Like 1

Simply by playing through the campaign modes of every series, by beating a character (and after that in a reverse match beating the protagonist with the opponent) you unlock their signiture card and some other cards, booster packs to purchase and ingame currency, which imo is very generously given and you won't need grinding at all, however you will have to play through some of the game to really get into real and in-depth deck building.

There is also 4 DLC pack with 2 decks each (I don't think you can earn them in game), but thankfully no ingame purchases with real money, so it's not grindy.

I honestly expected way worse, this is really fair.

If that is all true (and I have no reason not to believe you) then that actually makes me very happy.  I would even have been fine if there were rare cards that you had to buy booster packs with your in-game currency or win fights multiple times to unlock.  As long as I am not expected to spend real money after buying the game.  I am going to have to look into this game now :)

• Like 1

Just be prepared that you won't really have a great time jumping right into multiplayer and deck building, you will have to play a lot of the story mode, which in my opinion is really fun with all of its diverse, unique premade story decks, although its presentation is completely barebones.

Its kinda strange that when you start the duel, the player with the first turn will not have a DRAW fase the first time. So you start your first turn with 5 cards only.

So when its the second players turn, he can draw a card and have 6 cards to begin and can also attack the same turn. That's a lott of advantage for second turn player.

But so far the game is good. They could add more trophies. I gues only 2 trophies take a while (avatar & Challenge )

Its kinda strange that when you start the duel, the player with the first turn will not have a DRAW fase the first time. So you start your first turn with 5 cards only.

So when its the second players turn, he can draw a card and have 6 cards to begin and can also attack the same turn. That's a lott of advantage for second turn player.

It's a new change and balancing in the rules introduced at with pendulum summoning. A pendulum focused deck would gain a big advantage by first turn with that many cards and being able to possible play 6 monster cards (2 in pendulum zone 4 on field, any level), however this rule change is usually a disatvantage for any other deck.

It's a new change and balancing in the rules introduced at with pendulum summoning. A pendulum focused deck would gain a big advantage by first turn with that many cards and being able to possible play 6 monster cards (2 in pendulum zone 4 on field, any level), however this rule change is usually a disatvantage for any other deck.

Seriously?

Oh gee, I knew Pendulum summoning wasn't a good feature to bring.

Ok, But I was not aware of these new rules. They should maby not only focusing on this pendulum side of the game of duels monsters.

Seriously?

Oh gee, I knew Pendulum summoning wasn't a good feature to bring.

Indeed, if you make a good Pendulum deck with good spell/traps, you can win with ease all those challenge duels.

I like how they added an Exodia trophy ( my favourite Yu Gi Oh monster ) but I hate the XYZ and ARC-V series.

Bring back the old Yu Gi Oh!

Zexal did suck really bad, however Arc-V is by far the best (after 5D's, DM might be the coolest, but the duels make no sense and on't follow rule). It's the most focused (zero padding) with complex plot of interdimensional war and invasion, involving 4 worlds, representing the summoning methods. It had a slow and terrible start with the gimmick, but became really awesome when the main plot started. It also has a fantastic OST.

By episode 30 or so, I really started considering it a legitimately good anime, unlike other YGO series (I love 5D's but it's pretty ridiculous and dumb sometimes).