FF XII Remake/Remaster confirmed.

LMAO!

Square Enix is having a hay day with all of these remasters/ remakes!  Assumed it was FFVII T_T

Nvm, if it is XII then there is no doubt it'll be just a remaster.

Phew...lol

Hopefully it's just a remaster. Perhaps he's just rearranging the soundtrack. It's nonsense to fully remake a game like that only 9 years after the original release.

Ok, bit of clarity on that now...   :)

I would agree Lance, but for different reasons, game was and always has been a bit divisive, especially the gambit system.   I imagine if/when it's confirmed it'll be a remaster, the cost and resources alone wouldn't make sense for a remake given it could alienate some/different gamers all over again...   

Trophies and a bit of polish are fine for XII.  I agree with the mention of Dirge of Cerberus too, would be good to see that get similar treatment.

http://www.finalfantasy.net/xii/rumor-final-fantasy-xii-hd-announced-at-distant-worlds/ FF VII remake,FF X/X-2,FFXIIremaster,World of Final Fantasy ect great time to be a FF fan

Good for them. Final Fantasy XII is one of those little regarded entries in the series; not bad, but not really good either. Vayne and Venat were such compelling villians -- mostly because they were right -- that I am actually glad they are doing this. Calling it a "remake" is interesting, though. Wonder what they will change.

I played the US version, so I was manually playing with the job/class system.  Wasn't easy to restrict yourself in all the ways.  I'm glad to see the remaster will include what looks like the international version.  

Seeing updates on this is kind of hyping me to play this game over again.  :D

I'm not looking forward to all the grinding again but I am glad this otherwise excellent title is being given a new lease of life. Fantastic story, beautiful world, engaging characters (except perhaps for Vaan) and clever gameplay- screw all the whiners who bitch about the game removing random turn-based battles, that shit got boring after 10+ games using the same system.

• Like 1