Street Fighter V - Vega Reveal Trailer (Hype or not?)

It was just announced this morning that Vega, the Spanish ninja, will be joining the Street Fighter 5 playable roster. 

Vega is back from Street Fighter 4 with a fresh, new look. As stated in the official press release, Vega is still quick on his feet (and in the air), but this time has access to two different fighting styles: claw and no-claw. 

When in the no-claw style, Vega is given the ability to perform command throws and obtains some new attack properties. It should be noted that once Vega gets his claw knocked off from taking damage, he can no longer pick it up. Learning how to fight with the no-claw style will be very important for Vega players in SF5. 

His V-Trigger, Bloody Kiss, allows him to throw a speeding rose at his opponent and follow quickly behind it to land a series of powerful attacks. Vega's V-Skill, Matador Turn, on the other hand, allows him to dodge an opponent's incoming attack and choose whether or not to counterattack with a strike that knocks them down. 

Those attending Gamescom this week will be able to get their hands on Vega and Street Fighter 5's first brand new fighter Necalli for the first time, as an all new build of the game will be available at the Sony Booth. 

Dat face tho...

Here are some screenshots as well.

Close-up of Vega's new face

03_vegareveal01.jpg

Redesigned Vega Pose

03_vegareveal02.jpg

Vega fighting Ryu

03_vegareveal03.jpg

Super Art 

03_vegareveal12.jpg

Slashing Claw (Those effects look amazing)

03_vegareveal10.jpg

"Check out Eventhubs.com for all your fighting game needs"

Edited by Oblivion
  • Like 3

Word to the wise: DON'T buy Street Fighter V on release. Wait until Capcom comes out with Ultra Super Street Fighter V Alpha Turbo in 1 year after 5 regurgitations/updates...

Sure buddy, I'll wait out 6 years worth of content just so I can get the biggest bang for my buck.

Dat face tho...

Never been a big fan of Vega tbh :P

When's Messatsu?

Word to the wise: DON'T buy Street Fighter V on release. Wait until Capcom comes out with Ultra Super Street Fighter V Alpha Turbo in 1 year after 5 regurgitations/updates...

Didn't Capcom confirm that there will only be one version of Street Fighter 5 though??

Never been a big fan of Vega tbh :P

When's Messatsu?

Me neither. I like his theme but his character is...bleh.

Evil Ryu? I'm kidding :P But for some reason i'm starting to think Necalli is Akuma's apprentice/student. It would be cool if we could see Akuma as an old man with some new tricks up his sleeve. 

Edited by Oblivion

I always thought Vega's moveset was programmed by a mathematic who didn't didn't get his/her degree and decided to take out his anger here. Hopefully his trials will be a bit more practical this time. Imo it was hard to grasp at first in SSFIV.

It's a really nice inclusion.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

Two stances....Like.....Gen? If Vega has solid footsies and I can play a fundamental ground game with him I might end up maining him.

Vega has always had solid tools.  He's one of the best ground based characters in the game.  Other than SF4, he's always been on the best characters in the games he's in.

Edited by grimydawg

Vega has always had solid tools.  He's one of the best ground based characters in the game.  Other than SF4, he's always been on the best characters in the games he's in.

Very true. I don't want to assume he'll be that way again though which is why I'll wait and see. 

Vega will be a solid character, based on his move set alone.  Most SF4 players lack a neutral game, footsies, etc. and they can get away with it when they're certain characters.  SFV is going back to old school SF and folks are in for a rude awakening.  Focus isn't going to be there to safe them.

Edited by grimydawg
  • Like 1

Fresh new SFV Vega gameplay from Gamescom, also we get a sneak peek at the New Zealand stage and the english voices for the game and damn they both sure sound good!

I like Necalli's walk animation while he's in V trigger. Actually the sound and animations in general are looking more fantastic every time they show a newer build.

I hope there's some good players at gamescom right now so we can see some solid footage for Vega and Necalli because watching these videos doesn't tell us much from a gameplay perspective.

Edited by Dark_Tooth69

I like Necalli's walk animation while he's in V trigger. Actually the sound and animations in general are looking more fantastic every time they show a newer build.

I hope there's some good players at gamescom right now so we can see some good gameplay for Vega and Necalli because watching these videos doesn't tell us much from a gameplay perspective.

I agree 100% man. The sound effects and the music in this game are all really catchy (Not the sound effects, the music lol). That's what i said awhile back. The game improves every time they show it and we still have like 6 months left until it comes out.

Yeaaaaah, i would be really optimistic but i don't think we'll see good players playing the game at Gamescom. Maybe one video will happen and if it does i'll share it here. Still, i'm atleast hoping for some decent gameplay.

Edited by Densetsu no Saiyajin
  • Like 1