Bloody Palace - Trish

Anyone know a good strategy for Trish? The highest floor I've gotten to was 58, and the reason I lost was because I ran out of time. Now it seems I can barely get past Berial. Sometimes the laser against Berial doesn't even hurt him since he activates his Invincibility Frames whenever I try it. It's really annoying. I've been using Bare Knuckle Combo D and the charge moves and they work great against the weak and slow enemies, but faster enemies like Frosts and Assaults tend to jump out of the way when I use it even when they are hit with Round Trip.

Above all I think it's because Trish can't hurt enemies good enough outside of her charge and DT moves. She just feels so weak compared to her DMC2 version. But I'm getting tired of playing as her and it's frustrating that her best moves are the charge and DT ones. They should have just let you use items or offer a healing portal like DMC3 did.

I did find a video where apparently the difficulty lowers itself the more you lose to it I guess? Here

Skip ahead to the 6:25 mark and watch the Angelo on the right. It does it's charge move and hits Trish but only takes half a bar of health whereas normally it takes about two and a half.

Then at the 9:15 mark during the Berial fight, they seem to do a lot more damage with the laser cannon. I know even if he doesn't activate his Invincibility Frames it takes more than three hits.

Then lastly at the 10:30 mark they take two direct hits from a Fausts claws and only take half a bar of health. To me that seems to be Human difficulty damage, and I have no idea how they did it. In the comments someone said that if you die a lot the difficulty lowers itself, but I've tried several times and noticed no difference.

Have you tried using this little trick with Trish:

<video snip>

Should be somewhat useful, if you haven't tried it yet...

Yeah, it's pretty useful when enemies start flying up in the air. Though sometimes I forget to use it. I wish I could remember what all I did when I got to Floor 58. I remember the reason I lost a lot of time was because of Bael. 

Edited by Tony Redgrave

• 2 months later...
-Snip-

While I appreciate it, I've pretty much given up on going for it. I've used pretty much every strategy you've listed, but Trish just feels way too nerfed compared to her DMC2 version and I really don't like playing as her. The least they could have done was give her Air Raid. I mean how do they not give her Air Raid? I did try again the other day just because and I got to Floor 69 and died there. That's the farthest I've gotten. I'm pretty sure that was a floor with a bunch of the Angelo's and they overwhelmed me. Before that I got up to Floor 58 I think, and on that run I ran out of time because Bael took up like 10 minutes of my time by playing keep away with his anglers. I know I went from somewhere around 15 minutes down to about 5 during that run.

But I think I got as far as I did because I used Pandora laser a bit more liberally than normal. On floors where they would overwhelm you with enemies I would use it. I also just think this Bloody Palace is a step down from DMC3's, and I can't decide if it's worse than DMC2's or not. I feel like they should have stuck with random enemies, that way there's at least a chance there won't be a Blitz shoved in your face. Or they could have made use of that dice game again by having it where even numbers give you a Green Orb while bringing you up whatever amount of floors. and odd numbers give you DT orbs while bringing you up whatever amount of floors, but boss battles are mandatory like DMC3's. Or just give Trish a Super costume with Air Raid. 

Still, hopefully the stuff you said at least helps someone.

• Like 1

They won't add such things for this game. I also wish for example that the Special Edition would have Leaderboards (like on last Gen) with included a World Record Trophy, but i know this won't ever happen.

I don't know why the complainment about Trish is so strong here... be happy enough that they put the Super Chars from the PC Version with unlimited Pandora/RG Gauge, Max Act, Max Concentration... other than that, no one could get Untouchable done with Nero or Dante, like it has to be done traditional. On the last gen Version you just had unlimited DT.

The Game can be sadly done with S Chars.... BP wise. I also know that no one did Vergil & Dante BP without S Chars, but that's an other topic.

Rarity would be then like 1% or something like that, if you wouldn't tube it. Last Gen even less cause more people would have played it. 

I would suggest you to leave her then at your last Trophy. As i see, you still need to do campaign certain times... you can also practice with Trish Blitzes on M13/SOS - DMD at the beginning or M15. 

Use Round Tripp as much, as possible, do the Circle Move a lot when enough enemies are close together. The wanna be Real Impact Move is also usefull and if you press LS Back +  :triangle:  while Round Trip.

Try to clear Stage 1-19 fast with No DMG, same as 21-39 to get much more time.

For the Blitzes i would always advise you, to get as much DT, as possible from the stages before and do the Pandora Lv3. Most of the time you also won't be able to kill a DMD Blitz on the later stages, there for i also advise to keep some DT Gauge, if they would catch ya that you can get out there. 

For Stage 85, directly focus on the Blitz in the mid and do Pandora 1-2 times, because most of the time the other Blitz is jumping into your Pandora and gets hitted as well. 

For Bael, always when he's opening his mouth, try to attack him, it's his weakpoint. Especially when he's going away from you and get invisible. For his Ladies, if you want to clear that part fast, make sure you have some DT. Wait until they want to grab you, going to freeze you and then get out of there by using DT.

They won't add such things for this game. I also wish for example that the Special Edition would have Leaderboards (like on last Gen) with included a World Record Trophy, but i know this won't ever happen.

I don't know why the complainment about Trish is so strong here... be happy enough that they put the Super Chars from the PC Version with unlimited Pandora/RG Gauge, Max Act, Max Concentration... other than that, no one could get Untouchable done with Nero or Dante, like it has to be done traditional. On the last gen Version you just had unlimited DT.

My problem with Trish is she feels like she's half of what Dante is, only her combos aren't that fun to pull off and feel repetitive. Her version in DMC2 (which in turn was Dante's moveset from the first game) was much more fun to play as. I would have preferred if they kept that same moveset with triangle combos and moved the punches and kicks to circle. I also don't get why they didn't give her a Super costume since they gave Vergil one after all. But at least if she had the moveset I mentioned it would at least make Bloody Palace runs not so aggravating and dreadful. The same applies to the story mode. 

I would suggest you to leave her then at your last Trophy. As i see, you still need to do campaign certain times... you can also practice with Trish Blitzes on M13/SOS - DMD at the beginning or M15. 

Use Round Tripp as much, as possible, do the Circle Move a lot when enough enemies are close together. The wanna be Real Impact Move is also usefull and if you press LS Back +  :triangle:  while Round Trip.

Try to clear Stage 1-19 fast with No DMG, same as 21-39 to get much more time.

For the Blitzes i would always advise you, to get as much DT, as possible from the stages before and do the Pandora Lv3. Most of the time you also won't be able to kill a DMD Blitz on the later stages, there for i also advise to keep some DT Gauge, if they would catch ya that you can get out there. 

For Stage 85, directly focus on the Blitz in the mid and do Pandora 1-2 times, because most of the time the other Blitz is jumping into your Pandora and gets hitted as well. 

For Bael, always when he's opening his mouth, try to attack him, it's his weakpoint. Especially when he's going away from you and get invisible. For his Ladies, if you want to clear that part fast, make sure you have some DT. Wait until they want to grab you, going to freeze you and then get out of there by using DT.

I know what all I need to do, but I just don't like playing as Trish at all since she's hardly fun to play as unlike everyone else. Even Lady is fun to a certain degree, but I think it's because it's hilarious how OP she is. If Trish had a better moveset or Bloody Palace was done more like DMC3's then I would probably be more willing to try but now I rarely feel like trying again and when I do I usually don't care even when I lose.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 01/06/2017 at 5:24 AM, xDLloyd091x said:

Lmao? 1f644.png I haven't said anything wrong there. Only 4 ppl so far til today---

You said you know no one did Vergil and Dante BP without S Characters, how do you know lol? Its right there zzz. 

17 hours ago, xDLloyd091x said:

Yeah there are only a handfull of people who did this Platinum in a fair way. I'm checking the Boards for this game on PSNP every day and also taking a look on the recent achievers and all you'll most of the time see is they're doing Dantes/Vergil's BP in like 40mins, which is not possible without super characters. The current Speedrun WR for Vergil's BP for example without super is 55mins and they're doing things which a Trophy Noob couldn't preform. Also Trophy Hunters are taking what they can get, like with the whole DMC Series with Super Character/DRI abuse or like in NGS2 with twirling.

Also when i took on your Trophy List, it clearly shows off as well you've been using Super Dante, because first at all, after beating the game once and doing the BP with normal Dante is only a thing which can do people who knows the game allready and since you stacked untouchable as well, there for you would have to get normally the S Rank for BP as well. 

The typical things you'll see with BP is first off, the full noob package; S-Char Nero/Dante/Vergil and since the Girls doesnt have Supers... you are forced to do them in a normal way.

Many people could do at least the BP as Nero without because many of them knows the game from the previous Version,- some of them i've seen on the PS3 Leaderboards as well. But when it comes to Vergil or Dante's BP, i only seen a handfull of people who did them in a fair way. Even Ryujin, who was a big NG celebrity on Youtube (back to his times), had been bullshitting around the Game to get the Plat, but at least many of his fans were dissapointed haha. So he had to retire his DMC4 videos at this moment. 

I mean, at the end i don't care how people are doing their Trophies anymore. But the thing is, most people on Forums have to act always like they've been working very hard for a game - or were saying things like it was so easy that i dont remember to that and that's just all because they've been bullshitting around the game. They would never admit these things :D #Strong #Indenpendend #TrophyHunters

I just think, they're missing one of the greatest gameplays which ever been created by doing the Trophies on this way. All i can say is for the most PSNP Members - No Trophies no deal haha, but still being noob :(

And it makes me cringe to see as well, how much trouble people actually have with Lady/Trish.... these characters are just like one button characters. You don't have to learn much, but for Dante it's way different. Alone this explains a lot for me haha. 

What a long and pointless reply. I didn't read it all. Just up to the part where you said i used super Dante. Yup I did. And super Nero. I only did vergils BP without his super character. Uhhh so? First time playing DMC4, if i wanted to? I could have. Only differnce would be time. You took this convo to another level. You shouldnt have replied at all lol. Only trophy i would have trouble with is untouchable. That's not my point. Read my first reply. You do boast to much. The topic creator asked for suggestions with trish then you blabber on about how easy the game is. No one fkn cares about what's in the game and what isn't. Play it how you wanna play it. Its just a game. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Can't believe i just beat this first try, my hands are shaking just so much, i was just gonna see how far i would go and i just kept going and going, stage 85 ended up being real easy, maybe i was very lucky, because they turned red in the same exact moment and ended up just jumping a lot and they ended up dying. Now i just need to beat with Lady and i'll just use all super characters and it should be a breeze from now on. Hope i can just shotgun everything with Lady?

• Like 1