This is going to have a retail release... right?

PleaseHoldOn

As far as I know, it hasn't been officially confirmed by Square, but Best Buy had a listing for a physical version on X1 and PS4 leaked. It's since been taken down, but it seems likely that it will be getting a retail release. However, like I said, it hasn't been officially confirmed, so there's no way of knowing for sure.

As far as I know, it hasn't been officially confirmed by Square

Hrm... that's what I was afraid of.  I swear I saw it mentioned in interviews and stuff before the first episode came out, but yeah, guess it probably wasn't anything official.  If I'm even remembering right.  Would love it if someone could prove us wrong. ;)

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

Hrm... that's what I was afraid of.  I swear I saw it mentioned in interviews and stuff before the first episode came out, but yeah, guess it probably wasn't anything official.  If I'm even remembering right.  Would love it if someone could prove us wrong. ;)

yeah, they said they were thinking about it, and had a poll on Facebook asking people if they wanted one, but they haven't confirmed anything yet. I'm betting that they're planning a retail release, but they think that if they announce it before finishing the series, it will cost them sales, since people will wait for the retail version, instead of buying each of the episodes digitally. 

As far as I know, it hasn't been officially confirmed by Square, but Best Buy had a listing for a physical version on X1 and PS4 leaked. It's since been taken down, but it seems likely that it will be getting a retail release. However, like I said, it hasn't been officially confirmed, so there's no way of knowing for sure.

Considering it's Best Buy it's probably real. They leaked the Shovel Knight retail version as well as the PS4 version of Tales of Zestiria.

Considering it's Best Buy it's probably real. They leaked the Shovel Knight retail version as well as the PS4 version of Tales of Zestiria.

I'm betting that they're planning a retail release, but they think that if they announce it before finishing the series, it will cost them sales, since people will wait for the retail version, instead of buying each of the episodes digitally. 

I think so too, but probably isn't yes.

• 2 months later...

I think it is! There was an interview (in french so I'm hoping the source is good since I couldn't understand the video) with the CEO of Life is Strange here. Near the bottom it says:

"Later on he goes into more detail about the future of Life is Strange, mentioning a retail (disc based) copy of the game as well as a soundtrack"

So I'm hopeful! 

• 2 weeks later...