Any way to see the game or section in recent topics?

big_bob002

I searched but couldn't find a topic. When you go to the forums home page it shows recent topics on the right. It also shows the most recent topic for each system down below.

Is there a setting so you can see what game the topic is posted under. For instance it might say "is 100% still possible? by Big_bob002". Just wondering if it could show what game's section a created topic is under?

• Like 1

I searched but couldn't find a topic. When you go to the forums home page it shows recent topics on the right. It also shows the most recent topic for each system down below.

Is there a setting so you can see what game the topic is posted under. For instance it might say "is 100% still possible? by Big_bob002". Just wondering if it could show what game's section a created topic is under?

No, sorry.

Click new posts and search for that title.

I'm not sure that I understand your suggestion...doesn't the recent topics section on the homepage already show the game/subforum?

@OP - No, not on the forum side of the site. The only way is if the person includes the game name in the topic title, which is something I always try to do.

I'm not sure that I understand your suggestion...doesn't the recent topics section on the homepage already show the game/subforum?

It does but I believe the OP is asking about when you're already on the forum side of the site. Not sure what the OP is talking about with the third sentence though since those are different forum sections.

• Like 1

Not for that specific widget, but there are alternatives. Try using "new posts" to the left of the search bar, right above the Recent Topics box.  You can use the filter to narrow the new posts down to whatever console or game you are interested in.

@OP - No, not on the forum side of the site. The only way is if the person includes the game name in the topic title, which is something I always try to do.

It does but I believe the OP is asking about when you're already on the forum side of the site. Not sure what the OP is talking about with the third sentence though since those are different forum sections.

Sorry for the delayed response. I was just saying if I scroll to the top of this page and click on "forum". Any topics I see while scrolling around from there. It's not the end of the world but a lot of topics I see on the right or by scrolling down aren't always clear what game the topic is about .

Sorry for the delayed response. I was just saying if I scroll to the top of this page and click on "forum". Any topics I see while scrolling around from there. It's not the end of the world but a lot of topics I see on the right or by scrolling down aren't always clear what game the topic is about .

It is true that many game-related topics are a little vague about what game are they for. But that is because they create the threads on the game's respective section, hence it makes it kind of redundant. Of course, when you see said topic on the main page, you have no idea what they are talking about. 

I do believe some kind of description should appear, maybe if we let the cursor over the name of the topic or such. 

• 6 months later...

I just wanted to agree with the OP that it would be nice to have some subforum identifier on the recent topics on the forum main page.  Many topic titles don't include the game it's talking about, so you have to click on common topic titles like "Trophy Thoughts" to get proper context.

Overall not a big deal, but would be a nice convenience to have.