Platinum Rain Day - Ended

Looks like that IA/VT plat is getting a spot in the top 5, can't disagree. It's a beautiful plat. Voting for the most beautiful plats can be done until September 3rd. Afterwards the results will be posted and Round 3 will start. If anyone has any feedback or things they'd like to be added/changed, feel free to post it.

Well, I have a stronger chance of changing my mind now that I'm out of the Summer Backlog Challenge, since those games I was going to put on the Backlog Event are free now. I have probably enough to meet the minimum ten plats needed. If you are actually going to be crazy enough to increase the minimum to 13, I may have a few more that will take a bit more time, but I can work on them sooner. I might even go and pick up another copy of the Jak and Sly collections to get those two games I've avoided for months on the list. :)

I'm looking through my backlog right now to see how I can put them on a possible list for Round 3. I completed Round 1 on my old account so I want to try to do that with Round 3. No problems accidentally plating a game - I'll be doing a lot of Shiny Hunting in my Pokemon games and trying to get back into Wizard101 so I won't spend a lot of free time playing my trophy games and I know what to do to avoid getting the last trophy early.

(I admit that I was a bit too ambitious trying to enter this round, so that set me up for failure. This time I'll check to see what needs to be done.)

Still haven't decided about the 13 plats. Seems like no one voiced their opinion about it :|.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

I prefer 10 plats, but it's not at all a strong preference.

1S62be61.png Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

1Sa6e2cf.png Killzone

1S762250.png IA/VT Colorful

I'm looking through my backlog right now to see how I can put them on a possible list for Round 3. I completed Round 1 on my old account so I want to try to do that with Round 3. No problems accidentally plating a game - I'll be doing a lot of Shiny Hunting in my Pokemon games and trying to get back into Wizard101 so I won't spend a lot of free time playing my trophy games and I know what to do to avoid getting the last trophy early.

Oof. Are you chaining, using the Masuda method, something else...? Either way, shiny hunting can be frustrating. Good luck!

Looks like that IA/VT plat is getting a spot in the top 5, can't disagree. It's a beautiful plat.

Still haven't decided about the 13 plats. Seems like no one voiced their opinion about it :|.

Glad to see that people are appreciating how beautiful the Vocaloid is xD

Of course I'd personally prefer to stick with minimum of 10 plats (cause I am pretty sure I will not be participat 37 next round :P)

I'm with JaM and the others, raising the minimum to 13 would be bad luck(although with Kingdom Hearts Lore, 13 is indeed the symbol of darkness xD); anyways, I've already decided on eight games for the third PRD once the thread is put up or updated or whatever. I have several other games but they're all hard to get the remaining trophies. I wanted to add Psychonauts to the list but I have to wait until the 3rd when I get my check. (I might just exploit $20 from tomorrow's grocery money but I am under $100 in my bank account so I don't want to risk overdrawing my account.) I really enjoyed Psychonauts when it was created. Played through it on the PS2 and completed it 100%.

EDIT: Is it okay to put up a list early? I just bought Psychonauts(after nearly freaking out that I had thrown away my PSN card by mistake) and that will be #9 on my list.

Edited by DetectiveCJ

Sooooo... any news about when the next Platinum Rain Day event is starting?

I believe Dragon said September 3rd.

People can already start working on plats if they want, the new round will officially start after the results for round 2 have been posted. I'm still thinking about an end date and was considering around Christmas or in January (and yes, this time there will be a few days to pop your plats, just like with round 1). So feel free to suggest a date.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

People can already start working on plats if they want, the new round will officially start after the results for round 2 have been posted. I'm still thinking about an end date and was considering around Christmas or in January (and yes, this time there will be a few days to pop your plats, just like with round 1). So feel free to suggest a date.

That would only be 4 months, why do I feel like we had a lot longer than that in this round? I am sure I got it down to a month per game to make it feasible.

Yeah this thread started on 12th September so pretty much a year and I still only managed 11 HAHA!

Edited by freddie1989

That would only be 4 months, why do I feel like we had a lot longer than that in this round? I am sure I got it down to a month per game to make it feasible.

Yeah this thread started on 12th September so pretty much a year and I still only managed 11 HAHA!

The second round started sometime in spring, this year. Can't remember exactly when.

This thread is actually extended - the original thread was for Platinum Rain Day #1, which started last September and the Platinum Rain Days were January 1-3 this year. Dragon didn't create a new thread for Round 2, he just extended this thread.

The second round started sometime in spring, this year. Can't remember exactly when.

I did wonder that when I wrote the comment but too late HAHA!!

We had about 8 months for round 2. Maybe have till March to get 13 platinums, or whatever number was decided on. 

I'm fine with January, but others may need more time.

8 Momnths would be good for me, I may even make 13 in that time. I am running out of short games and I don't have much time to game at the minute.

How about setting the next date on February 3-5? That would give people 5 months for 10 plats and the popping dates are on Friday - Sunday.

I did wonder that when I wrote the comment but too late HAHA!!

Round 2 started on January 30th/February 1st (depending on the time zone) and lasted for almost 7 months.

• Like 1

How about setting the next date on February 3-5? That would give people 5 months for 10 plats and the popping dates are on Friday - Sunday.

Round 2 started on January 30th/February 1st (depending on the time zone) and lasted for almost 7 months.

Ugh, sorry about that. I based it off of when I beat Dragon Age, completely forgetting it had a post-story DLC after the platinum.

Those will work for me, or at least I will try and make them. I shall get on my list now!!

If everyone else is fine with the dates, then those days will be used.

Ugh, sorry about that. I based it off of when I beat Dragon Age, completely forgetting it had a post-story DLC after the platinum.

Lol :lol:, ok.

Those will work for me, or at least I will try and make them. I shall get on my list now!!

Awesome, that's good to know :D.

So the third Platinum Rain Day deadline is February 3-5? That's fine. I'll probably need the extra time as I'll be entranced by Kingdom Hearts 2.8 when that comes out and probably need the next three months to get most of the games on my list to near-plat. :ninja:

I'd like to put down my list now if that's all right.

Participant: DetectiveCJ

1. Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando
  2. Ratchet and Clank: A Crack In Time
  3. Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus
  4. Ratchet and Clank (PS4)
  5. Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengance
  6. Dragon Quest Heroes
  7. LEGO Dimensions
  8. OKAGE: Shadow King
  9. Rogue Galaxy
  10. Psychonauts

These are the initial ten games I'll be working on starting midday(it's now September 1 early morning so I'll probably oversleep) and there a few games I might add if I get good time on the above list, like Persona 4 Golden. (I need to replace my Vita charger as the one I have is being used as a phone charger due to problems I had with the old phone charger.)

EDIT: I feel very shameful now - I was going to get started today but Nintendo Direct 3DS and bad juju made it impossible. I might try to grind some more in OKAGE to get to Level 70 with my three characters.

Edited by DetectiveCJ

Seems like no one has any objections to the pop date or the amount of times to get the games ready, so it's official.

I'd like to put down my list now if that's all right.

Participant #1: DetectiveCJ

Tsk, tsk, tsk, PRD admins permanently have the first 3 spots in the participant list. I'll add you to the OP after finishing up Round 2.

Edited by Dragon-Archon