FilmFanatics Reburbished Theatre Of Trophies

FilmFanatic

• 3 years later...

Lots of people are starting trophy checklists these days and I still have this one sitting here that I haven’t updated in over 3 years. In that time I’ve earnt 100 plats which is an awful lot to catch up on and there are still plenty of games I haven’t written reviews and for some I probably won’t because it’s been a long time since I played them and I simply don’t remember enough about them.

On the other hand I seem to have figured out how to fix the issue I was having that lead to me locking and abandoning this thread which is spoiler tags not opening which has plagued this website since the forum software changed. It seems that if a spoiler tag doesn’t open then going to a different page (thankfully I have 2 pages of posts) and back to the one with non-working spoiler tags causes them to work again. So I’m going to open for business again. Not sure how long it’ll take me to get up to date but I’ll get there.

• Like 1

It’s nearly 2am and I’ve finally finished adding in all my plats as well as updating rarities. At some point I may just get rid of the rarities as updating hundreds of them periodically will get tedious at some point. Still it was interesting to see the difference between now and a few years ago. The biggest changes were around +/-10% and the smallest change was just 0.2%. I will endeavour to write short reviews for games I enjoyed, others will have something else in the spoiler tags.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Shrooba said:

Nice profile! You've completed some awesome games indeed. Good luck with DMC 3! 1f603.png

Thanks. The worst part of DMC 3 is going to 6 playthroughs plus replaying any missions I need to for S ranks. On the other hand I won’t be going to work this week as New Zealand is on lock down so I have more time to game.

• Like 1

I got :platinum:280 this evening. I had to do 7 playthroughs. 7 playthroughs. 7 of them! If there’s one thing I don’t miss that seems more common in older games it’s non stacking difficulty trophies. Once you know what do and where to go it doesn’t take too long to run through the game but 7 times is 5 times to many with 2 playthroughs being done on one day. At least now I can move on to my next game which is…….DmC Devil May Cry. *looks at trophy guide* 6 playthroughs for the plat and 6 playthroughs for the DLC you say :facepalm:. Still I believe DMC3 was the only PS3 game I hadn’t completed that was incompatible with a PS4/5 controller. So now I can put away my cheap wired controller with the X button stuck down but still working (Shadow Of The Colossus required a lot of pushing the X button) and use a PS5 controller instead.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

:platinum:281 which is DmC Devil May Cry is done. Doing another DMC game straight after DMC3 wasn’t the best idea as I had had enough of DMC after 7 playthroughs of DMC3 but once I got into it, it wasn’t so bad. Still 6 playthroughs of the base game and 6 playthroughs of the DLC was a bit much. I have also completed 8 out of the 10 Survival maps in Uncharted 4. I would have done all 10 but a few weeks back there was an event in Dying Light that made the 2 parkour trophies easier and earning them gave me another 100%ed game but also put a slight kink in the plan I had. I am now sitting at 14,919 trophies and the next game I’ll be playing is BioShock Infinite (PS4) which has 81 trophies total and it is no coincidence that this will take me 15,000 trophies as the plat from one of my all time favourite games will be #15k. Once I’ve done this I will go back and earn the last 2 map related trophies for Uncharted 4.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FilmFanatic said:

:platinum:281 which is DmC Devil May Cry is done. Doing another DMC game straight after DMC3 wasn’t the best idea as I had had enough of DMC after 7 playthroughs of DMC3 but once I got into it, it wasn’t so bad. Still 6 playthroughs of the base game and 6 playthroughs of the DLC was a bit much. I have also completed 8 out of the 10 Survival maps in Uncharted 4. I would have done all 10 but a few weeks back there was an event in Dying Light that made the 2 parkour trophies easier and earning them gave me another 100%ed game but also put a slight kink in the plan I had. I am now sitting at 14,919 trophies and the next game I’ll be playing is BioShock Infinite (PS4) which has 81 trophies total and it is no coincidence that this will take me 15,000 trophies as the plat from one of my all time favourite games will be #15k. Once I’ve done this I will go back and earn the last 2 map related trophies for Uncharted 4.

This is one of my favorite action games ever, though I played the definitive edition, which requires less playthroughs. :D

Planning to tackle the definitive edition in the near future? :awesome:

5 hours ago, zizimonster said:

This is one of my favorite action games ever, though I played the definitive edition, which requires less playthroughs. :D

Planning to tackle the definitive edition in the near future? :awesome:

Definitely not lol. Won’t be touching any more DMC games ever again, even though the definitive edition has a much easier trophy list.

• Like 2

On 9/11/2021 at 3:10 PM, FilmFanatic said:

:platinum:281 which is DmC Devil May Cry is done. Doing another DMC game straight after DMC3 wasn’t the best idea as I had had enough of DMC after 7 playthroughs of DMC3 but once I got into it, it wasn’t so bad. Still 6 playthroughs of the base game and 6 playthroughs of the DLC was a bit much. 

Congrats for that one!

Yes, doing a DMC after another DMC is not the best course of action ? not to mention that you completed the "platinum friendly" ones. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

Congrats for that one!

Yes, doing a DMC after another DMC is not the best course of action 1f605.png not to mention that you completed the "platinum friendly" ones. 

Thanks and for the guides as well. Yeah I won’t be touching either of the other DMC games. I got the HD Trilogy because it’s a classic series and DmC I got from PS+ and those 4 are enough for me lol.

• 2 weeks later...

:platinum:282 is BioShock Infinite on PS4 and also trophy #15,000. I’ve been coming back to play remastered versions of PS3 games and I haven’t always been enjoying them despite how much I love some of them. BioShock is a fantastic game but coming back to it didn’t do anything for me at all and I ended up using the Survivor difficulty bug as I decided not to do 2 playthroughs when I wasn’t enjoying it. LA Noire is another game I love but coming back to it I remembered so much from playing it on the PS3, even though there was 6.5 years in between the 2 versions, that I couldn’t enjoy it again. BioShock Infinite however did not end up like those 2 games. Everything about this game is just so good that even though I knew how the game ends it was still amazing to experience it all over again. The opening to the game is one of only 2 games (the other being The Last Of Us) that no matter how times I experience it, it always has a profound effect on me. Starting off at a lighthouse is familiar if you’ve played the first 2 games but once you sit in the seat and are shot into the sky and get your first real glimpse of Columbia then you enter a church and this sing starts playing and I get goosebumps every time. There aren’t a lot of games that have made me feel emotional but this opening does very single time and I’m not even religious. And from there the game just gets better and better. Playing it all over again very much reinforced that it is one of my top ten favourite games.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

That’s because it didn’t work for me. Had to use the delete profile save glitch instead.

It didn't work maybe because the plat was your final trophy. You have to leave one or two DLC trophies, then plat the game. After that, return to the DLC for some trophy cleanup. Congratulations, anyways! :D

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

It didn't work maybe because the plat was your final trophy. You have to leave one or two DLC trophies, then plat the game. After that, return to the DLC for some trophy cleanup. Congratulations, anyways! :D

Thanks. I always make the plat the last trophy when all DLC is out for a game. Would have been nice to do it the much quicker way but a little extra work for a trophy never hurt any one.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Shrooba said:

Bioshock Infinite is a game I'm looking forward to playing! Cool to see you saved it for a trophy milestone like that. 1f60e.png Nice work on the completion!

Thanks. Yeah it’s an absolutely amazing game. I was originally planning on going with the Outlast 2 plat for the milestone but in the end I changed it which I’m glad I did as I like to use my milestones as an extension of my trophy cabinet to showcase games I love. Well mostly, Prince Of Persia was not intended to be a milestone and Mass Effect Andromeda has a specific reason for being there.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

After ~150 hours Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is now platted and 100%ed. Took me a bit longer that I would like but I did spend a lot of time Googling things as I played to get the best outcomes and spent a whole day reloading saves to get specific items at a blacksmith when putting my build together. Next up is Wreckfest PS5 version. I’ve had my PS5 since day one and this will be only my second PS5 game which is why next year one of my goals will be to play at least 12 PS5 games or the equivalent of one a month. I’m also going to have to rethink my list of games I plan on playing next as it’s 7 weeks to my Christmas holidays and I won’t get through all the games I want to before I start up Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

• Like 2

The PS5 has now been out for nearly a year. The first PS5 game I played was Demon’s Souls and I have now platinumed only my second PS5 game, Wreckfest. Granted the PS5 has been great for PS4 games as they load much quicker and some games have had patches to upgrade framerate. Because of this one of my gaming goals for next year is going to be to play 12 PS5 games (the equivalent of one per month) over the year. This week I have pre-ordered Horizon: Forbidden West and Elden Ring Collectors Edition. I’m also fast tracking Mortal Shell and will be buying it the next time it goes on sale as I want to play this sooner rather than later. The next PS3 game I’m going back to is Dead Rising 2. Over the next few weeks I’ll be knocking out one miscellaneous trophy that doesn’t have missables a weekend so that I have less things to worry about doing when I come back to playing through the game fully for various trophies. And if anyone reading this is interested in knocking out the co-op trophies at some point then let me know.

• Like 1

:platinum:285 is Farming Simulator 19. Not a game I would be otherwise be interested in but it was on PS+ so I decided to give it a go since it was free. I’ve also decided that I’m going to make #300 Elden Ring and Horizon: Forbidden West will therefore be #299 which means I need to earn 13 plats between now and February 18. This is going to be a rather tall order as I had multiple longer games planned to play but I’ve now had to swap them out for much shorter games to reach my goal. It should be doable though the only real issue could be Kingdom Come: Deliverance. With unadulterated time to play it over the upcoming Christmas holidays I should be able to 100% it in a decent timeframe, if I don’t run into any issues. Which is a big if given how many missable trophies it has and the potential for glitches. So I’ll just have to keep a very close eye on trophies and cross my fingers I don’t have any trouble with how the game runs.

• Like 1