Interesting/Gripping PS3/Ps4 Games.. Anyone? (NO ONLINE STUFF PLEASE)

MiamiNights89

what's beyond two souls like? I've never really looked into it.

Another release by the same guys that did Heavy Rain, Quantic Dream.

Similar in style too.  Arguably more movie than game, and player involvement has a bit less significance this time around.  It introduces some interesting gameplay mechanics though.  And it tells an interesting (albeit imperfect) story, downright emotional at times if you let it in.  Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe bring some stellar performances, the kind of acting Heavy Rain was lacking IMO.  Oh, and it's probably one of the nicest looking games on the PS3.

You can find it pretty cheap online these days.  If you liked Heavy Rain a lot, it may be worth a shot.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn
  • Like 1

Another release by the same guys that did Heavy Rain, Quantic Dream.

Similar in style too.  Arguably more movie than game, and player involvement has a bit less significance this time around.  It introduces some interesting gameplay mechanics though.  And it tells an interesting (albeit imperfect) story, downright emotional at times if you let it in.  Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe bring some stellar performances, the kind of acting Heavy Rain was lacking IMO.  Oh, and it's probably one of the nicest looking games on the PS3.

You can find it pretty cheap online these days.  If you liked Heavy Rain a lot, it may be worth a shot.

oh right! i didn't know it was by the same people! and to think i've just let that game slip by all this time.. -____-

im'a definitely get in on that.

100% heavy rain, then go for the 100% on beyond two souls! cheers buuuuddddyyy!

OH SHEEEEYIT!!

i just read that both of those games are coming out on PS4 as a combo release?!! remastered!?!

holy mother of all that is jesus! I'm gonna wait for that!!

When I first got my ps4 I got tlou as a free download and a $10 credit on psn. I bought minecraft with my credit and because I had played Tlou on ps3 I played minecraft exclusively. I was checking out some of the ps4 features and stumbled upon live with playstation which is a twitch/ustream app (don't watch anything on ustream). I started watching a guy who was playing a small indie game called Axiom Verge and was hooked immediately. I bought the game the next day and got the plat shortly there after. It was the best thing that could have happened. Minecraft was an after thought. Yeah I know, got a ps4 and played an 8/16 bit game but man was it great. Everything about it is good, especially the soundtrack. Someone on here has got to back me up on this. Long story short, get Axiom Verge and you'll have fun.