Interesting/Gripping PS3/Ps4 Games.. Anyone? (NO ONLINE STUFF PLEASE)

MiamiNights89

Going on a 100% binge and looking for some really interesting games to play. (nothing too time consuming)
Currently been playing/planning on playing the likes of;

STEINS;GATE
Ether One

The Order 1886 (oh how i was so wrong with this one..)

Flower

flOw

Never Alone

Transistor
Okami HD
Grim Fandango

Heavy Rain

Any recommendations would be much appreciated! Any genre as long as its not a Vita-Only game, as i don't own one yet haha! :)

Once I started Sonic Unleashed, I found it very difficult to stop and whenever I did I always couldn't wait to go back and play more.

Another one I couldn't stop playing is Velocity 2X. Velocity Ultra is great too, but 2X was damn near perfection in my eyes.

These are the 2 that immediately came to mind. Neither are too time consuming either.

• Like 1

Never really been a big sonic player, kind of avoided the sega consoles back in the day. was more of a SNES/N64 player and then moved onto the Playstation.

But i totally forgot about that Velocity 2X! that was the one that was free on ps+ not too long ago, right? may have to give it a whirl! :D

Yep, it was free. Ultra was as well, but that was ages ago and only for the Vita.

The walking dead

The wolf amoung us

Very gripping stories!

Second this.

Also look into:

Beyond Two Souls - I personally almost enjoyed this one more than Heavy Rain, though most would disagree.  Some very powerful, emotional moments.

The Last of Us - Someone once said to me that TLOU has very high high's and very low low's... and I'd agree.  It's an 8-10 hour ride, but a good one if you can survive the slow parts.  Forgot you said no online.

That's all I got so far.  Everything else I can think of is either time consuming or not particularly interesting/gripping story-wise.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn
  • Like 1

Steins;Gate was literally the most amazing game I've ever played in my life.
got the platinum on it last night.. all i can say is that the true ending of that game pulls on the heart strings. total masterpiece.

i've finished heavy rain before, but definitely gonna do it again. this time, platinum it. and oh yeah, the walking dead! may DL the ps4 version!

the last of us i want to, but i guess i could always boost the online trophies with some people :)
what's beyond two souls like? I've never really looked into it.

also, i don't mind a time consuming game, as long as it grips me the entire time :)

• Like 1

Steins;Gate was literally the most amazing game I've ever played in my life.

got the platinum on it last night.. all i can say is that the true ending of that game pulls on the heart strings. total masterpiece.

Glad you enjoyed it! As you can tell I'm a huge S;G fan :D and it's good that you liked the true ending, since the upcoming sequel is based on that ^^

• Like 1

Glad you enjoyed it! As you can tell I'm a huge S;G fan :D and it's good that you liked the true ending, since the upcoming sequel is based on that ^^

i can see! haha!

yeahhh, it was absolutely amazing. just hope the english subbed game comes out not too longer after its release! 

Try the Kingdom Hearts series. It might have Disney characters in it, but its an emotional roller coaster IMO. Especially Birth By Sleep. You can get the series in collections. HD 1.5 Remix and 2.5 Remix, both on PS3.

yeahhhhhh, haven't played the 2nd one. managed the 1st one back in the day though. be nice to get 100% on those!

already got a tonne of nostalgia games by my bed ready for this.

Metal Gear Solid 2

Devil May Cry HD

Jak & Daxter: The precursor legacy

Final Fantasy X & X-2 Remastered

So why not add kingdom hearts to the list! :)

• Like 2

The games I'm listing could possibly take a couple days if you play them and only them. (at most a couple could take a week depending on how much you play in one stretch.)

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (might get you interested in the other 2 games.)

Assassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed Rogue. (if you don't care about story then Rogue would be fine. If you care do not play it as it's the 7th entry lol.)

South Park: The Stick of Truth (I've said this across multiple threads...but this is one of the few games that without bias I would rate a 10. It's only possible negative is slight weird load times.)

Spec Ops: The Line (I liked this game a lot. And with patience FUBAR won't take long.)

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix

Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix

Darksiders

God of War (1, 2 and 3)

The Legend of Korra 

• Like 1

oh and another few I know are, limbo, a odd game with a interesting story if you look hard into it.

eat lead, a crazy over the top fun story that may or may not grip you but if it does it will have you on the floor from how funny it can be, just look at this https://youtu.be/CTB_VSI0WzA?t=5m46s

Shank 1, a grip story that is near the level of red dead

Edited by KANERKB
  • Like 1

-Bioshock 1 and 2 (haven't played Infinite yet).

-Metal Gear Solid 4 (but it is time consuming)

-Dante's Inferno

-Darksiders.

-Deus Ex: Human Revolution

-Dishonored.

-Fallout 3. (it depends. If you become addicted, you won't feel the time at all).

-GOW series.

-Condemned 2

-Clive Barker's Jericho.

-Infamous 1 and 2

-Killzone 2 and 3. (watch out with 2, it has a strenous online).

-Mass Effect 3 (haven't played 1 and 2 yet, also the same as F3).

-Max Payne 3 (time consuming too, but worth it imo).

-Rain

-Red Dead Redemption.

-Star Wars: The force unleashed 1 and 2 are also pretty good imho, but 2's ending sucks.

-The Walking Dead.

-Uncharted saga.

And some hidden gems too:

-Spec Ops: The Line.

-El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron.

-Deadly Premonition.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra