Optional Objective in Mission 37: Extreme Traitor's Caravan

All I have left to do for all the optional objectives is to extract the driver in this mission. I've tried just running in and grabbing him before the Skulls show up, during the fight, and after the fight. Nothing seems to make it work. I've reset the mission and exited and restarted the game entirely since that's worked for other glitches before. Anyone have any ideas?

What I did was knock out the driver when he was turned into a Wandering Puppet (being controlled by the Skulls,) you have to CQC him with five punches to be able to knock him out in one combat move, or just grab him and stun him with a strangle. Either do that to him right away, or of course, gain the Skulls attention away from the truck and its driver, take care of them, and then take go and extract the driver. I would just knock out the driver right away though, and run away from the Skulls.

Edited by Ethan Ruhkillmeez

All I have left to do for all the optional objectives is to extract the driver in this mission. I've tried just running in and grabbing him before the Skulls show up, during the fight, and after the fight. Nothing seems to make it work. I've reset the mission and exited and restarted the game entirely since that's worked for other glitches before. Anyone have any ideas?

Wait for the skulls in an ambush on the route. You can find it in a intel file. When the tanks and the Skulls arrive you only have the skulls and the driver. Lure the Skulls away defeat them and when it's over the driver is stunned next to the truck. You can then extract him without any problem.

I haven't tried this method but you can try it out and see if it'll work.

Tail the truck until it stops at the outpost north of NB Airport and approach the truck (Don't get too close however). Hit the driver with a tranq. dart and immidiately run towards the truck to trigger the cutscene. Once the cutscene is over/skipped extract the driver as he falls out of the truck and hop in the truck and leave. You could also do this in the Airport and extract using the materials container near the truck's starting point (Wormhole Fulton is recommended).

If none of those options work just knock out the driver and run away from the truck and deal with the Skulls. It's recommended that you have the Infinity Bandana since the armored Skulls take lots of damage before they go down.

Honestly the best thing to do, is follow the truck to one of the first stops. Tranq him then run up to the truck and try and extract him really fast. You can usually manage it before you actually start fighting the skulls (they will be there but ive been able to extract the soldier like this on my extreme playthrough). Alternatively if you cant do it this way, tranq the driver then run in, have the skulls spawn then pull them away from the truck and extract him after the battle. Its really not that hard. lol

Edited by det0xxp

I've done it by taking out the skulls. Once the skulls are done with, all puppets will drop down unconscious. You can just extract him then.

Best way is to intercept the truck on the road, so there's only one puppet (the driver). Make sure you don't kill him while you deal with the skulls.

You can stop the truck by throwing a decoy down and pop it up when the first tank gets close. Once they stop run for the truck to tigger the skulls scene.

It may not be the easiest way, but it's the most foolproof. And you have to take out the skulls anyway for an objective if I remember correctly.

Edited by Ric

The problem isn't that I don't know when to grab him, but that when I do get him, it doesn't register. I've defeated the skulls and went back to get him but the objective never pops. The only thing I haven't tried is to wait until he gets to kaziba camp since that's where I got him in the original mission.

The problem isn't that I don't know when to grab him, but that when I do get him, it doesn't register. I've defeated the skulls and went back to get him but the objective never pops. The only thing I haven't tried is to wait until he gets to kaziba camp since that's where I got him in the original mission.

That sucks. There are a few optional objectives that are bugged in this game. I didn't have trouble with this one. All I can say is, keep trying.

You can try waiting for the convoy on the road out of the airport. That's where I got it (before it gets to the first outpost).

Make sure you get him once he has got to another location other than the airport that was my problem. I marked him at the airport then when he got to the first stop and got out the vehicle I used that stun SMG and extracted him straight away after the cutscene ended. It doesn't register at the airport for some reason :( 

Hope you get it!

• Like 4

Make sure you get him once he has got to another location other than the airport that was my problem. I marked him at the airport then when he got to the first stop and got out the vehicle I used that stun SMG and extracted him straight away after the cutscene ended. It doesn't register at the airport for some reason :(

Hope you get it!

I had the feeling that when you trigger the Skulls battle at the airport the driver vanished. 

The biggest thing is that you need to let the driver get into the truck and start driving. If you extract him before he ever gets in the truck it seems like the task won't tick off. I marked him and extracted him multiple times at the airport and it never ticked off, once I let the convoy start moving and ambushed them in the last village it ticked off when I extracted him.