Allison Road Kickstarter Cancelled; Joined With Team17

PleaseHoldOn

The developers, as of 10 minutes ago, cancelled the Kickstarter for the fan-titled "P.T. successor" that was aiming for a PS4/Xbox One/PC release late next year.  And announced that they will now fall under the Team17 banner (the folks behind Worms) and their independent games label.

Hi all, we have news!

First some bad news but then some AMAZINGLY good news.

We have decided to withdraw the Kickstarter campaign to allow us to commit 100% to an opportunity that will give us the chance as a team to create the best game possible.

As a newly founded studio, we’ve been completely overwhelmed by your encouragement and huge interest in Allison Road and we’d love to thank each and every one of you for all of the amazing support you have given us during our Kickstarter campaign and beyond. Really incredibly appreciated.

And now the good news, in fact it’s AMAZING news!

We are delighted to announce that we will be joining Team17’s highly successful games label.

If you don’t know who Team17 are, they are most known for their Worms franchise, however, they run a fully independent games label. For us it’s an incredible opportunity to be part of a label that looks after not only such a massive gaming franchise, but also supports developers like Playtonic,Mouldy Toof and many others.

Working with Team17 will give us the chance to make our game unhindered creatively, but at the same time will give us the resources, support and experience that only a 25 year old studio can give.

For all of you that have pledged already for in game rewards, we absolutely promise you that we will look at ways outside of Kickstarter that will allow you to be involved in the game at a later date.

We will be going very quiet for a while as we focus on making Allison Road the best horror experience it possibly can be but do please follow us and Team17 on @Lillithltd & @AllisonRoad_HQ and @team17Ltd for future news.

Personally, I was getting worried the game wouldn't get funded (it only had a week or so left and wasn't close to their ambitious goal), and subsequently wouldn't get made.  So this is wonderful news!

EDIT: For those unfamiliar with it... you can find a 13 minute pre-alpha gameplay demo below.  It's what sold me on the game. xD

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

Good news. I too, was sold on the game by that pre-alpha footage, but thought it was going to be PC only, so relegated it to the "if only I could be bothered to get a gaming PC I'd play this game" bin in my mind.

Then today I found out that it was coming for PS4 and immediately backed it. 

Then they cancelled the Kickstarter!

Then this news that they're working with Team17!

I have so many conflicting emotions now guys... :'0) 

In what way it is a bummer?

They got the support of a big publisher, now with Team17's help they'll be able to make the Allison Road for sure.

The game isn't cancelled, only its Kickstarter is.  

It's a bummer, because that it didn't get the support it needed from the kickstarter, as it looked very promising. I'm always sceptic when another publisher takes over a project as the final product often ends up different from what it was initially intended to be.

... please don't tell me you're thinking this game was canned.

As explained above.

It's a bummer, because that it didn't get the support it needed from the kickstarter, as it looked very promising. I'm always sceptic when another publisher takes over a project as the final product often ends up different from what it was initially intended to be.

I met with some representatives of Team17 at EGX a few weeks ago. From what they told me, they seem to be a publisher that is very interested in helping developers make their game, as opposed to some of the AAA publishers who might, say, like to fill a game with monetisation gimmicks. 

I have confidence that this is a good partnership for Allison Road, but I agree that you should always be skeptical until a final release is out and you can try it for yourself. 

I met with some representatives of Team17 at EGX a few weeks ago. From what they told me, they seem to be a publisher that is very interested in helping developers make their game, as opposed to some of the AAA publishers who might, say, like to fill a game with monetisation gimmicks. 

I have confidence that this is a good partnership for Allison Road, but I agree that you should always be skeptical until a final release is out and you can try it for yourself. 

The only work I know and own by Team 17 are a couple of Worms games and the Alien Breed Trilogy, which are good franchises, but very nostalgia based especially Worms, as it's been recycled repeatedly over the years.

Wait and see how it all turns out, I guess,

P.T. was cancelled that's Konami's fault not theirs. Allison Road looks fucking great. Can't wait. As previously mentioned, I hope Team 17 just assist and don't force changes on the game. Can't wait to see the finished product, probably the only game I'm looking forward to for the forseeable future.