Kings Fall Heroic Mode

Sir_Bee

As far as I can tell, this hasn't actually been released yet, and yet when I look at the rarities of psn trophies at least somebody has it as the rarity is sitting at 0.01%.  Anyone have any explanation?  Could this be someone at Bungie who has run it to test it out?  Maybe some reviewers got it early?  Maybe someone has figured out how to hack ps4 games?  Who knows?

Also, 30% of all users who own destiny have the triple play trophy ... That seems like a huge number when most games have trophies under 5% rarity ...

As far as I can tell, this hasn't actually been released yet, and yet when I look at the rarities of psn trophies at least somebody has it as the rarity is sitting at 0.01%.  Anyone have any explanation?  Could this be someone at Bungie who has run it to test it out?  Maybe some reviewers got it early?  Maybe someone has figured out how to hack ps4 games?  Who knows?

Also, 30% of all users who own destiny have the triple play trophy ... That seems like a huge number when most games have trophies under 5% rarity ...

If one person has it it's probably hacked, especially since the heroic raid hasn't been released yet.

As for triple play, it's purely luck based. I know people who got it in their first crucible match without even knowing what they were doing.

If you play a lot of control and have a super ready when there are lots of enemies at a control point you'll get it sooner or later.

If one person has it it's probably hacked, especially since the heroic raid hasn't been released yet.

As for triple play, it's purely luck based. I know people who got it in their first crucible match without even knowing what they were doing.

If you play a lot of control and have a super ready when there are lots of enemies at a control point you'll get it sooner or later.

I understand that it is doable, I am more intrigued that 1/3 or all players who have played destiny and have the game on their trophy list have gotten it.  It isn't an easy trophy by any means, and requires potentially dozens of crucible matches.  I am just surprised that so many people have it.

As for it being hacked, that is a much bigger deal than you think, because up until now trophies on the ps4 have not been able to be hacked.  If someone has figured that out, that opens the floodgates.

I understand that it is doable, I am more intrigued that 1/3 or all players who have played destiny and have the game on their trophy list have gotten it.  It isn't an easy trophy by any means, and requires potentially dozens of crucible matches.  I am just surprised that so many people have it.

As for it being hacked, that is a much bigger deal than you think, because up until now trophies on the ps4 have not been able to be hacked.  If someone has figured that out, that opens the floodgates.

Considering at least a third of all people play Crucible I'm not surprised that they've earned the trophy.  

Pretty sure PS4 has already been hacked, someone else can confirm it though.

You are forgetting the list is shared between PS3 and PS4.

And for Triple Play, I don't understand why it surprises you. Destiny had huge lack of content before TTK, only thing people could do after they were bored was playing crucible over and over and over and over. Triple Play comes naturally like that.

The trophy for beating Black Ops 2 on Veteran/Hardened is 10%.

kLbfb.png

While the trophy for getting prestige (mind you, level 55), is 51%.

kLbmP.png

Some games are MP focused, this is bound to happen on those kind of games. I'm still eager to know someone that bought BO2 for the campaign, because I know no one. I bought BO1 for the campaign though, very good one right there.

Edited by TheYuriG

I think there are two things at play to hit 30%.

In Crucible, you have heavy drops like rocket launchers and supers, neither of which necessitate a high degree of skill to get three kills (one of each race) in one life. Also, you only have to do this once, ever.

Also, Bungie provides incentives for PvP in the form of bounties, unique gear (e.g., IB, Trials), marks that benefit you in PvE. I don't consider myself much of a PvP person at all (below average in all respects), but I have 86 hours of Crucible time according to destiny tracker.

I think there are two things at play to hit 30%.

In Crucible, you have heavy drops like rocket launchers and supers, neither of which necessitate a high degree of skill to get three kills (one of each race) in one life. Also, you only have to do this once, ever.

Also, Bungie provides incentives for PvP in the form of bounties, unique gear (e.g., IB, Trials), marks that benefit you in PvE. I don't consider myself much of a PvP person at all (below average in all respects), but I have 86 hours of Crucible time according to destiny tracker.

I guess I am going to have to just go back into control and play until I get this.  From the guide on this site, it also suggests that you need to get a triply play kill (3 kills in 5 seconds) rather than just 3 kills in one life.

From the guide on this site, it also suggests that you need to get a triply play kill (3 kills in 5 seconds) rather than just 3 kills in one life.

Ah. The trophy description is a bit misleading. Either way, a rocket blast into a group or certain supers (e.g., bladedancer, nova bomb, fist of havoc, thunder strike) are geared toward getting three rapid kills when the enemy is grouped together. Control is a fantastic way to do this. Especially since you can gauge how many people are on a control point based on how quickly the control meter is filling up. Also, using your super at a heavy spawn is a pretty effective way to rack up three kills.

Good luck.

I guess I am going to have to just go back into control and play until I get this.  From the guide on this site, it also suggests that you need to get a triply play kill (3 kills in 5 seconds) rather than just 3 kills in one life.

Yeah, it needs to be in quick succession. I've seen some people claim that they've gotten it in drawn out lengths of time, but most people get it by landing quick multikills. Your best bet is control. Save your super for when the whole opposing team is capping a point or when they're grouping up to get heavy ammo.

Sunbreaker is really over powered right now. I constantly go on sprees and get multikills just about every match (even when I'm fighting against lag). I highly suggest using this subclass to get the triple play trophy before Bungie fixes it. The Sunbreaker with Forgemaster and Cauterize is like having a rocket launcher that regens health with kills plus you get an overshield.

On a side note, I thought most of the people bitching about the Sunbreaker's OPness were mostly hunters because they weren't on top of the food chain any more. However, I shotgunned one at point blank range for three hits as he was activating his super and he still lived through it and killed me.

For the 0.1 question it was the devs if you ever look at a dlc list before it's even out some trophies have the 0.1 destiny witcher 3 and CoD are the 3 i remeber 

Don't forget Destiny's trophy list is shared between ps3 and ps4. The integrity of the list is questionable because of the inclusion of the ps3.

Yuri beat me to it earlier in the thread, but I think it's still the most valid reasoning for anyone having the trophy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

But if you're in the low-to-mid 300s, I recommend you run the heroic (hard mode) raid sections up to Oryx anyway. You're likely to get gear to bump you up a couple of light levels. Griding normal mode to get to 310 gets tiresome. With black spindles or other high-impact snipers, War Priest and Golgoroth are easy. A collection of Touch of Malices and a decent jumper helps make short work of the daughters as well.

Edited by cdrcouey

But if you're in the low-to-mid 300s, I recommend you run the heroic (hard mode) raid sections up to Oryx anyway. You're likely to get gear to bump you up a couple of light levels. Griding normal mode to get to 310 gets tiresome. With black spindles or other high-impact snipers, War Priest and Golgoroth are easy. A collection of Touch of Malices and a decent jumper helps make short work of the daughters as well.

I thought it was almost impossible to get higher than the low 300's without running heroic. I guess you could grind forever or just have great luck with rng. :hmm:

I started running heroics once I hit low 300's and prayed for good drops from all the bosses leading up to Oryx. I ended up getting enough to bump me up to 306/307 and was able to finish the heroic this week. I think 310+ is probably optimal, but 305 ish is very doable.

I thought it was almost impossible to get higher than the low 300's without running heroic. I guess you could grind forever or just have great luck with rng. :hmm:

With Nightfall and ToO dropping 300+ light gear, and 310 exotic engrams at light level 300 & up, you have a lot of options to hit the mid-300s.

With Nightfall and ToO dropping 300+ light gear, and 310 exotic engrams at light level 300 & up, you have a lot of options to hit the mid-300s.

Lol, I've been getting sub 300 gear from the Nightfall on all three characters for the past two weeks. Thinking about not doing them anymore as the rewards aren't worth the effort. You're right though. There is a chance. 

I still think the best chance of getting higher than the low 300's is, like you said, to start doing the heroic king's fall and hope for higher LL gear to bump you up enough for Oryx.

Also, the closer you get to 310 the higher your chances will be with exotics decrypting at 310. My luck has been so so lately as only about half the exotic engrams I get actually decrypt at 310. I've been having problems getting weapons parts too, so I've stopped upgrading exotics that aren't already 310 unless they're quest related.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Im looking for people for the Kings Raid. PS3 version.

Light level 292 at the moment. but i make a good medic and human shield  :|

Will prob be in the late 290+ light by the time i find a group. grinding lvl 36 strikes (need people for nightfall so will put that off for the time being)

Hi

Im looking for people for the Kings Raid. PS3 version.

Light level 292 at the moment. but i make a good medic and human shield  :|

Will prob be in the late 290+ light by the time i find a group. grinding lvl 36 strikes (need people for nightfall so will put that off for the time being)

You're going to want to use gaming sessions, the official boosting thread or Sir Bee's sherpa thread. This thread is for Heroic King's Fall discussion.