WARNING: Trophies CANNOT Be Unlocked With Tails

LeetWolf2

I just played through the entire game going into the past in each zone and destroying both the enemy teleporters and Metal Sonic holograms and received no trophy. Why? Tails. If you play as Tails, you will not be able to earn any trophies and I'm posting this in the hopes that no one else will have to go through all of that effort and get nothing for it like I did.

• Like 2

But I suppose that you checked a trophy guide before playing, right? Because the trophy guide on .org, CLEARLY STATES that you can't get the trophy if you use Tails.

In all fairness there's no guide for the game here so its useful info to post here on the forums.

I just played through the entire game going into the past in each zone and destroying both the enemy teleporters and Metal Sonic holograms and received no trophy. Why? Tails. If you play as Tails, you will not be able to earn any trophies and I'm posting this in the hopes that no one else will have to go through all of that effort and get nothing for it like I did.

If you wrote a guide for the game, you could post it in that, would help a lot of people out if you were good eneough to get all the trophies bar one on your own.

• Like 3

But I suppose that you checked a trophy guide before playing, right? Because the trophy guide on .org, CLEARLY STATES that you can't get the trophy if you use Tails.

That one does right at the start, but it should really state some kind of warning on each trophy it affects, for people looking for help on specific trophies. Also, I didn't use a trophy guide for this game. I used Zone Zero for locations of the teleporters and holograms, because I try to refrain from getting help unless I really need it. Plus, as others have stated above, it couldn't hurt to have this warning here for people that use this site.

Edited by LeetWolf2

That one does right at the start, but it should really state some kind of warning on each trophy it affects, for people looking for help on specific trophies. Also, I didn't use a trophy guide for this game. I used Zone Zero for locations of the teleporters and holograms, because I try to refrain from getting help unless I really need it. Plus, as others have stated above, it couldn't hurt to have this warning here for people that use this site.

Not disagreeing with useful information, just pointing out that if you had made your search before playing, your time wouldn't have been wasted, that's all. :P

It's still good to mention here, as not everyone immediately looks at a guide or goes on .org at all

Do you think that someone don't bother checking a guide before playing would check the forums though? Doubt it, that is the kind of people who usually have an below average completion %, since they don't know what they are getting into. :)

Edited by TheYuriG

Do you think that someone don't bother checking a guide before playing would check the forums though?

They wouldn't need to check the forums though, as the title of the thread appears in the trophy list on the right: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1227-Sonic-CD

If you had made your search before playing

Yeah, but I shouldn't have to, I should be able to try and complete a game without having to search for a guide beforehand. Not to mention there are a lot of trophies that have in brackets the conditions that need to be met in order for the trophy to unlock. A simple "(Sonic Only.)" added to each trophy description (that only unlocks with Sonic) would have been enough.

Edited by LeetWolf2

They wouldn't need to check the forums though, as the title of the thread appears in the trophy list on the right: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1227-Sonic-CD

Yeah, but I shouldn't have to, I should be able to try and complete a game without having to search for a guide beforehand. Not to mention there are a lot of trophies that have in brackets the conditions that need to be met in order for the trophy to unlock. A simple "(Sonic Only.)" added to each trophy description (that only unlocks with Sonic) would have been enough.

Which will bring them to the forums...

Agree that you shouldn't have to, but trophies are only a gimmick for most devs, they only put it in because they have to, otherwise most of them wouldn't even bother. Always better being safe than sorry, no?

EDIT: I understand your thread is meant to be helpful and I have no intention of derailing it any further. If you want to continue this conversation, feel free to PM me, since I won't reply here anymore.

Edited by TheYuriG

Do you think that someone don't bother checking a guide before playing would check the forums though? Doubt it, that is the kind of people who usually have an below average completion %, since they don't know what they are getting into. :)

I never check guides before playing a game. It ruins the experience to me. But I check the forums regularly. I never would have known about this glitch had it not been posted here. There's a lot of people here that do the same.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I don't look at guides unless I'm stumped, so this thread worked for me. I missed out on the 200 rings trophy because I was using Tails, but luckily it was only the first stage and I could restart my playthrough for the gems and holograms without much loss.

Thank you for posting your find. In spite of the backlash for it, your post did help some of us who choose to use guides as a last resort.