I don't get Halloween

Superbuu3

Just got back from taking my niece and nephews trick or treating. Here everyone walks their kids around the neighborhood and yeah, you pretty much get candy from whoever's giving it. I think it brings the community together, so long as parents aren't leaving their children unsupervised.

Dude, your Jason signature has me cracking up. :)

lol

https://youtu.be/Obtc9U6hEYM

• Like 1

I personally love halloween, seeing people enjoy themselves makes me happy and like Dark Mark said it does unite the community, I used to go trick or treating but last two years my sister didn't want too and this year my sister wanted to go but got sick, so we stayed home and we passed out candy and apparently we are now know as the house that passes out mexican candy, people (usually White and Black people) go fucking insane for that candy to the point they make the request for mexican candy instead of the traditional american candy (which I personally love)

• Like 1

On Halloween we also dress as other people/animals/characters and walk around the streets at night.

Christmas we blast overplayed music and ask for gifts from a nonexistent, fat, bearded, traveling fellow on a flying sled.

Valentine's Day we buy superficial, overpriced candies, flowers, and teddy bears and send creepy love notes to people we like.

St. Patrick's Day we wear an unusually large amount of green, pinch people who don't, and get drunk.

Easter we paint plastic eggs and leave carrots out for a nonexistent bunny.

There is a pattern here: Disregarding a lot of social norms and doing strange activities. That's the point of a holiday.

On Halloween we also dress as other people/animals/characters and walk around the streets at night.

Christmas we blast overplayed music and ask for gifts from a nonexistent, fat, bearded, traveling fellow on a flying sled.

Valentine's Day we buy superficial, overpriced candies, flowers, and teddy bears and send creepy love notes to people we like.

St. Patrick's Day we wear an unusually large amount of green, pinch people who don't, and get drunk.

Easter we paint plastic eggs and leave carrots out for a nonexistent bunny.

There is a pattern here: Disregarding a lot of social norms and doing strange activities. That's the point of a holiday.

You take that back!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

As you get older you start knocking on doors hoping it is that friend of your friend's cousin who has invited you to get hammered.

Once when I was little (last time i went trick or treating actually) A completely stoned guy with bongs everywhere offered my brownies.