What is the difference between an original disc and a pirate disc (No original) in the ps3?

Pottercito_

a pirated disk will not have a picture on the disc or the company name or logo on the disk either. Unless it's a REALLY GOOD pirated disk but no one puts that much effort into them and if they did, they might as well went out and bought the damn disc in the first place..

NOTE: I don't pirate disks, but it's good to be educated on these types of things.

I remember my old modchipped PS2 in the day, good times. Had a crappy old Windows 2000 thing we got from a garage sale and it had dual CD burners and I since I was an idiot with anything tech related at the time, I was so stoked when I figured out how to copy stuff from one drive to another. I went out and rented every PS1 game I could find at the odd video store who still had them and built up a decent stack. Simpsons Skateboarding and Lego Star Wars 1 were a couple of the CD format PS2 games I could burn, and later charge friends for.

Anyway, speaking of that, I always wondered why they don't print some smaller PS3, or even PS4, games on old school DVDs. Like, Walking Dead is like 3 or 4 gig, it would fit fine on a DVD, even if it was just an install disc, you'd think that would be so much cheaper for smaller companies. Then a friend said they'd have to get a DVD presser or something and that made sense, until I remembered 360 games are on DVDs so they'd be easily accessible, but anyway!

Piracy is bad, everyone's done it, whether they want to admit it or not. I personally haven't pirated a game in probably a solid 8 years now (aside from the odd old school game via emulation that I can't buy anywhere).