Fishing issues

Xionx

I found the Drain skill in the top right corner of the old cemetry, but there's a hole so you need to get the moving stone there. I dont know if you will get the same thing but you could give it a try ^^

The heal skill is only for healing my pets. But its still more usefull then the shield lol.

Awesome, I'll look for it once I reach it. Only did side quests yesterday and found a Rune Puzzle. Only 19 more to complete ^_^.

In Endless Labyrinth i found a shield that reflects some melee damage . very nice skill , but i lost the run because 5 skeletons +2 bomber skeletons ambushed me. :(

Yhea i also lost my run because of ambush, but then again i didnt really knew much about the game as i know know

So, this thread has gone completely off-topic... but...

Using the 2-stick method mentioned in this thread, it works... but I don't catch any fish!? At first this started consuming the minnow lures I have, but they won't take the purple "sexy" ones. All that happens, either lure, is a chime sound making it sound like something has worked, but then nothing else? No new items in inventory, no confirmation messages, etc. This game feels really odd.

Has anyone actually worked out how to fish successfully?

So, this thread has gone completely off-topic... but...

Using the 2-stick method mentioned in this thread, it works... but I don't catch any fish!? At first this started consuming the minnow lures I have, but they won't take the purple "sexy" ones. All that happens, either lure, is a chime sound making it sound like something has worked, but then nothing else? No new items in inventory, no confirmation messages, etc. This game feels really odd.

Has anyone actually worked out how to fish successfully?

That means you're using the wrong lure mate. try a different one, if you want to complete the quest which was catching salmon for me (might be different for someone else) then you should use the Orange Snatcher Lure in the Hometown.

Edited by HcG Clawz
  • Like 1

I'll give the twin stick thing a try tomorrow. I kinda got the hang of the green spin after hours of practice but I'm still way too slow to catch stuff consistently.

As for your crafting skill you can easily level up by using basic log materials. Just keep adding more of the same kind of log until it lets you create something and you'll get a plank/board/whatever. The recipes are around level 1-3 and you can find dozens of logs just by chopping down every tree you come across so it's pretty quick.

Edited by TooruPT

That means you're using the wrong lure mate. try a different one, if you want to complete the quest which was catching salmon for me (might be different for someone else) then you should use the Orange Snatcher Lure in the Hometown.

Aye, that's probably it (just thought I would buy the highest tier lures from the start, whoops). A notification message would have been nice, but do like the game regardless.. ty.

SOLUTION: Use both joysticks at the same time :)  I saw this solution on the dragon fin soup official site. GL:HF

Yay that works. I don't know why, it just seems to fill the progess bar extremely fast. But it works. lol. thanks!.

I found the skill Earth Shield in the first starting town. In the upper right corner part of the map was a steel block that can be blown up with a bomb, The skill was behind that.

Cool i found that earth Shield in that block, i've found few Steel blocks, now i know i can blow em up with a bomb!

Awesome, did you also start with the Wind Shield skill?

I started with a water shield. Pretty useless, but still.

In regards to fishing, i've got a quest to catch some fish. i've caught one of those fish from the pond in town. So it does mention different fish get caught with different lures AND depths. So i've been back to the same pond when the "sparkle" returns, to fish, cause the sparkle goes onces you've worn out that spot, but it returns, and i'd have a different DEPTH meter reading and haven't caught another of the same fish for that quest yet. but yeah, DEPTHl.

I'll give the twin stick thing a try tomorrow. I kinda got the hang of the green spin after hours of practice but I'm still way too slow to catch stuff consistently.

As for your crafting skill you can easily level up by using basic log materials. Just keep adding more of the same kind of log until it lets you create something and you'll get a plank/board/whatever. The recipes are around level 1-3 and you can find dozens of logs just by chopping down every tree you come across so it's pretty quick.

Yep i can thow logs in and discovered the recipes for blanks and so forth.

And last thing, those "red crystal shards" they say you learn skills from, are just like, well, red crystal shards that look like a prism, laying on the ground. I the steel block in town mentioned and there was the shard lying on the ground

Anyway i gotta go work now :(   more of this game when i get home

Edited by Fride2013

Well, I tried the dual stick technique for fishing and it works. In fact, it works so well it's almost ridiculous. Kudos to whoever came up with it.

I'm not sure why it works so well, if its intended or not. The right stick does nothing by itself, but together its gold.

Anyone else find inventory management REALLY HARD AND TIME CONSUMIMG!

Like, first you can only buy from a shop ONE or ALL. You gotta move your little cursor box over every single item to get to other items. Its not auto stacking. I spend as much time in my inventory managing it as i do in the dungeon runs... :(

Imma posting that around hoping they patch something...

I'm not sure why it works so well, if its intended or not. The right stick does nothing by itself, but together its gold.

Anyone else find inventory management REALLY HARD AND TIME CONSUMIMG!

Like, first you can only buy from a shop ONE or ALL. You gotta move your little cursor box over every single item to get to other items. Its not auto stacking. I spend as much time in my inventory managing it as i do in the dungeon runs... :(

Imma posting that around hoping they patch something...

Yeah I'm annoyed by that too. Same thing with crafting: created items need to be placed in the inventory manually before you can use them.

Ugh, don't even get me started with the crafting thing. I was trying to do one of those metal/wood crafting quests (2x Rubber Sheets I believe) and it would mark the quest as completed even though I was sure I had crafted both. After a good five minutes of general confusion, head scratching and cursing, I noticed the second one was still on the crafting table and that doesn't count as being in your inventory.

Storage space is a bit limited too. Too many different crafting materials, too little space.

And then there's the interaction icons from the triangle menu moving around when you pick something near the edge of the screen. Trying to sell something and dropping it instead because the sell icon moved... ugh. That was also the trigger for one of my finest moments not only in DFS but in my whole gaming history: accidentally eating a chunk of coal instead of adding it to the crafting menu, losing a ton of hit points and dropping down to single digits since coal is a bit harsh on the stomach and dying soon after by stepping on a hidden trap, ruining a perfectly fine Survival run.

I really like this game but really, item management needs some work.

• Like 1

Ugh, don't even get me started with the crafting thing. I was trying to do one of those metal/wood crafting quests (2x Rubber Sheets I believe) and it would mark the quest as completed even though I was sure I had crafted both. After a good five minutes of general confusion, head scratching and cursing, I noticed the second one was still on the crafting table and that doesn't count as being in your inventory.

Storage space is a bit limited too. Too many different crafting materials, too little space.

And then there's the interaction icons from the triangle menu moving around when you pick something near the edge of the screen. Trying to sell something and dropping it instead because the sell icon moved... ugh. That was also the trigger for one of my finest moments not only in DFS but in my whole gaming history: accidentally eating a chunk of coal instead of adding it to the crafting menu, losing a ton of hit points and dropping down to single digits since coal is a bit harsh on the stomach and dying soon after by stepping on a hidden trap, ruining a perfectly fine Survival run.

I really like this game but really, item management needs some work.

LMAO i've eaten things that way too! Lose some health and a go DO'H!

And yep, too little storage :( I'm really hoping they patch in some UI changes and storage space, i'm sure they will.

I ate a beautiful Hat in an endless Labyrinth run .. Inventory is very annoying .... and you can only buy 1 item or all .... not 10 or 20.... all , one or nothing ....

Game is very cool but things like this make it frustrating to play. Im not sure how much i will play it .

I think I have another glitch: the barkeeper (in Merlenheim) merchandise doesn't restock. Anyone else experiencing this too?

I had this issue by the blacksmith.

I don't think he doesn't restock, I just think they don't restock until it's been a set game time since you have looked at their stock.

Eventually after purposely not visiting the vendor I was having issues with, he finally restocked.

I had this issue by the blacksmith.

I don't think he doesn't restock, I just think they don't restock until it's been a set game time since you have looked at their stock.

Eventually after purposely not visiting the vendor I was having issues with, he finally restocked.

I've waited 10 ingame days and it's still not restocked :(. Getting 50 rampages without the booze is going to be troublesome, if not impossible.

I've waited 10 ingame days and it's still not restocked :(. Getting 50 rampages without the booze is going to be troublesome, if not impossible.

I am wondering if you have to survive the rampages?

I found a location last night full of elemental spirits. I walked to the middle of their group, drank booze, and died before the rampage was over. Reload last save and repeat using the same booze.

I only did it about 10 times, the game crashed on me twice and I decided to work through the storyline some more, but I am going to try it more tonight.

EDIT: This is a permanent location on my map now, it's to the far left of the world. I think it's a mushroom forest (but a permanent one, not the random generated dungeon one).

Edited by SolarCat02

I am wondering if you have to survive the rampages?

I found a location last night full of elemental spirits. I walked to the middle of their group, drank booze, and died before the rampage was over. Reload last save and repeat using the same booze.

I only did it about 10 times, the game crashed on me twice and I decided to work through the storyline some more, but I am going to try it more tonight.

EDIT: This is a permanent location on my map now, it's to the far left of the world. I think it's a mushroom forest (but a permanent one, not the random generated dungeon one).

Oh that location, yeah it's swarming with elemental spirits. I tried the Old Cemetary and did 5 rampages before letting myself get killed. Did that 10 times and no trophy. But if the rampages have to end, I'm still missing 10 of them. I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Might as well be a "share your woes" thread now.

We could post stuff like... I don't know, making it to the last floor in Survival and getting OHKO'd by the boss before you even found him. 2000+ hit points in one blow and I didn't even see it coming. And he apparently has 30k HP. Beating Survival is going to be a fuuuun ride.