Destiny Weekly Update – 11/05/2015

Aranea Highwind

TL;DR version

Weapons & Classes will be re balance this December

Gunsmith will sell Weapon Parts for Glimmer this November

Petra will accept Etheric Light this December

Eris will accept Worms Spore this December

It is not know what materials we will receive in exchange. More information will be revealed on the upcoming weeks, last but not least it seems we will have another event this December.

header_blog.jpg

First up, we have a November Update in the pipeline, packed with the improvements to Quests and Bounties that we’ve already promised, along with some other promises we have yet to make.

Keep talking about Destiny, and we’ll keep making it a game we all want to play.

Promises We Have Yet To Make

Need Weapon Parts?

We know! We’ve read a lot of feedback about the abject poverty that was induced when we adjusted their drop rate. My Boss says things are getting dire for him! He’s down to only 1,656 of them, so we need to act fast. As part of the November update, we’re authorizing Banshee-44 as your Weapon Parts dealer. He’ll accept Glimmer as a form of payment.

In all sincerity, as the curators of your living social world, we reserve the right to tinker with the economy. We also reserve the right to change our minds again once we’ve had a chance to read the forum. Thanks for giving enough of a damn to tell us what’s up.

On that note, you’ll see yet more welcome changes to the in-game economy in the December update. Rumor has it that Petra will have use for your Etheric Light, and Eris has been asking if anyone out there is hoarding a surplus of Worm Spore. Turns out she loves the stuff.

Those changes, and more, are coming soon.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13945

I didn't even know they dropped?  You get them from the dozens upon dozens of engrams that you break down looking for the one that is better ...

But plenty of people (including myself) were always low on weapon parts from re-rolling weapons from HoW, and are also low on weapons from upgrading and infusing weapons. Also, if you do PvP mostly (like myself) you don't compile tremendous amounts of engrams like PvE players get, so not as many weapon parts. It's a struggle that I'm glad they're addressing.

I didn't even know they dropped?

THEY DID???

I'm mostly a PvE player myself and I'm still always out of them. Year 1 weapons costs a shitload of them to max it, dunno why they made Y2 weapons costing 15 WP to max while Y1 requires almost a hundred. While I'm happy that engrams are dropping more often now for weapons (which become weapons, which become parts), I'm happy being able to buy them.

This also means that clan reputation can also be bought with glimmer (!!!) more easily now, since you could trade 25 WP for 100 rep. I know you could buy heavy ammo and do the same, but the cost/benefit wasn't worth it, unless they came from SC trade with Xur.

people have a problem with weapon parts?  That is news to me, as my pool is going up and I am upgrading 3 classes.

The struggle is real! I've been buying exotics from blue prints and moting them up to dismantle them for five weapon parts. Also, I had started buying armsday packages just for the parts. Infusion and leveling exotics burns through parts like crazy. 

So glad Bungie is addressing this.