Suggestion: Highest Rank in Stats

Sra-000

I was wondering if it would be possible to add to a player's stats page a listing for the highest world/country rank you've achieved. It might be nice to see your personal best obtained on the leaderboards. Is this doable and/or something people are interested in? 

Edited by Sra-000
  • Like 3

I like this. It would be good to see a highest Country Rank and World Rank with Timestamps. I currently record this manually on a spreadsheet once rankings have updated, I think mine was on the 7th September this year but if this feature was added I would know for sure.

EDIT: I think a leaderboard would be a bit unrealistic as it would mean you would have to know everyone elses positioning at your highest rank as well.

Edited by FawltyPowers

Practical? Definitely not.

If you realize how many updates would this take each week... ugh, I wouldn't want to be server-tan that would have to handle it.

What do you mean? It would just be one additional value stored in the DB for each user, and it would just be updated whenever rank calculations are already done. No additional calculations or updates would be required at all: just slightly more info saved to the database.

What do you mean? It would just be one additional value stored in the DB for each user, and it would just be updated whenever rank calculations are already done. No additional calculations or updates would be required at all: just slightly more info saved to the database.

That's exactly it.

While the leaderboards update each week, the actual ranking is dynamic, you can update your profile and get few rank ups which would obviously have to be immediately recorded as your new record.

Of course, we could only set it to update once per week, but that brings two problems.

1) It may not be accurate (suppose your best rank is 700 after first update, then you get Plat stream and you jump to 666, but you want to chill for a while so you do not get anything for one day and you get thrown to 668 on the last day, so obviously, the actual statistics would be incorrect since you had a better rank before.) 

Thus, it would have to be checked and possibly updated everytime someone updates his/her profile because each update (excluding TOP 50 for example) has a chance of moving the player up.

2) High performance downtime on one day due to recalculating all stats. 

If it can be optimized, then okay, but I believe the problems overweight any possible optimization.

1) It may not be accurate (suppose your best rank is 700 after first update, then you get Plat stream and you jump to 666, but you want to chill for a while so you do not get anything for one day and you get thrown to 668 on the last day, so obviously, the actual statistics would be incorrect since you had a better rank before.) 

Thus, it would have to be checked and possibly updated everytime someone updates his/her profile because each update (excluding TOP 50 for example) has a chance of moving the player up.

This is going to be a "problem" regardless, since not everyone on the leaderboard will be synced at exactly the same times anyway. I don't think anyone would expect this feature to be 100% accurate right down to the minute -- just with the same accuracy that the current stats are processed/displayed.