Resident Evil Revelations 2's First Episode Now Free on All Consoles

Finozzi1696

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/resident-evil-revelations-2s-first-episode-now-fre/1100-6432379/

Resident Evil Revelations 2's first episode is now free across all console versions. The episode, called Penal Colony, was originally released in February 2015 and normally goes for $6.

In Penal Colony, Claire Redfield and Moira Burton are kidnapped. They wake up in a cell on a remote island that is of course infested with all manner of horrifying creatures. Penal Colony also comes with Raid Mode, an arcade-like variation on the core formula that sees players shooting down waves of enemies.

Penal Colony was followed by subsequent episodes titled ContemplationJudgment, and Metamorphosis. These chapters are available for $6 each, while a variety of "Extra" episodes are also available for $5.
  • Like 1

The best thing about it is that it includes the entire Raid mode minues the DLC maps, Hunk and Wesker. I have the game in disc so I already have all the episodes.

If you only have ep1 then you'll only be able to play Gauntlets I~III (6 stages each + 3 difficulties) and you won't be able to unlock characters from the other episodes, these are Gabe, Pedro, Neil, Evgeny and Alex. You also can't play as Leon, Chris or Cipher since these are also locked unless you get another episode or they require a number of completion medallions that you can't reach by just owning ep1.

Just throwing this out here since i reckon someone might use Google, check this thread and think they can play everything in Raid Mode just by having ep1. You can also play one RE.NET event by the way, which is the "Level Restricted Challenge", but if they pick a stage from the other episodes you won't be able to access it. Weekend Survivor and Invasion of the Huge Creatures always have a EP1~4 tag on them. :P

If you only have ep1 then you'll only be able to play Gauntlets I~III (6 stages each + 3 difficulties) and you won't be able to unlock characters from the other episodes, these are Gabe, Pedro, Neil, Evgeny and Alex. You also can't play as Leon, Chris or Cipher since these are also locked unless you get another episode or they require a number of completion medallions that you can't reach by just owning ep1.

Just throwing this out here since i reckon someone might use Google, check this thread and think they can play everything in Raid Mode just by having ep1. You can also play one RE.NET event by the way, which is the "Level Restricted Challenge", but if they pick a stage from the other episodes you won't be able to access it. Weekend Survivor and Invasion of the Huge Creatures always have a EP1~4 tag on them. :P

I wasn't aware of that. I stand corrected.

• 1 month later...