Metal Gear Solid 5

Artemisthemp

I'd just like say that if these reports are true (which I doubt somewhat) then it must be said that Project Ogre is perhaps the shittest code-name ever conceived; what happened to the days of cool, mysterious code-names? The Metal Gear series deserves a much, much better code-name than this. Anyway, on to the point at hand: new Metal Gear, fuck yeah!

Edited by Gotakibono

Guys:

8fembq.png

I'd really take this stuff with a grain of salt - it's quite easy to fake something like this. For one, Metal Gear hasn't used that font since MGS: Peace Walker - it's been using a more modernized, custom font.

Secondly - that older font is easily available to anyone who might want it - I myself could easily create an image using it, put a Metal Gear sounding quote at the bottom, and then take a blurry picture of my TV screen with it displaying on my PS3.

If anything on MGS5 is being announced, I can almost guarantee it'll be at whatever that event is for the 25th anniversary of the series.

Even if this game does eventually come out, (which I do think it will) what's the plot going to be about? I'm not the biggest MGS fan out there and I've only played 2, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Portable Ops (PSP), but I feel like MGS4 ended the entire series on a great note. Hopefully you guys understand.

Even if this game does eventually come out, (which I do think it will) what's the plot going to be about? I'm not the biggest MGS fan out there and I've only played 2, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Portable Ops (PSP), but I feel like MGS4 ended the entire series on a great note. Hopefully you guys understand.

Snake's story ended, more or less, but there are other characters in the series they could expand on.

They could do a story about The Boss' time in WWII, the time between Metal Gear 1 and 2 about Big Boss - what he was doing then, how he restarted after MG1. Or the time between MG2 and MGS4. Hell, if they really wanted to stretch it, they could do something based on EVA's time in Hanoi [i would hope they wouldn't reach THAT far, though].

They could touch on Liquid's background a bit more - his time in the British SAS, things like that. There are stories in the main canon that could be elaborated on a little more, without ruining too much. [Kojima even said he would like to do a game about The Boss, recently - that very well could be MGS5]

IE: The story that RISING was originally supposed to be: How the hell did Raiden become that cyborg ninja. Speaking of cyborgs - they could do an entire new series just based on Gray Fox. Playing a remake of Metal Gear 2 could be amazing from the perspective of Fox.

Overall it doesn't exactly have to end - MGS4 only closed a couple of stories, out of many that were available.

Nanomachices