Uncharted Golden Abyss? Amazing. Your thoughts?

fresquinho

Damn! I just finished Uncharted Golden Abyss and I only have one word, AMAZING.

I loved the fight with Dante, but the fight with the last boss ( don't remenber the name ) was completely awesome!

I was afraid that Chase died but Drake came back :D And I didn't expected Sully there.

Amazing game, but that's not a surprise, every Uncharted is amazing!

the only bad marks I can give the game is the touch screen fights with Dante and General Guero, since most of the other touch controls for aiming and climbing where optional I wish that was also. But I liked the story and I was happy Sully showed up.

Also collectibles during cutscenes :shakefist:

I'm in agreement with you fellows. I adored the game and it's amazing that we can have a home console quality game on a handheld. My only complaint with the game is the mandatory touch sequences, whether it was the machete or the boss fights, I don't like touch controls. Other than that the game was fantastic, the controls were great, and the game looked great. This game should be in everyone's Vita collection.

Parker

The PS Vita's an expensive piece of ass, but I must say the prospect of playing another Uncharted game would be one of the few redeeming things about its price. Maybe one day I'll get around to playing it, until then I'm more than content with my ever-so humble PSP.

I didn't mind any of the touch sections, except they are pretty unforgiving on the harder difficulties.

The collectibles during cut-scenes really surprised me on the first play-through; I assumed we'd get a small playable section in that area and be able to pick them up, but when that didn't happen, I realised what I had to do, and they were fairly easy to get, so no problem there.

My only real grumble was the Bounty sets - the random nature was a real pain in the butt, and took by far the longest. But I persevered and got them all, and now have the Platinum! :D

Amazing isn't my phrase. Good, it was good. But of the Uncharted games, this is the worst or second worst. I'd by far prefer Uncharted 2 and 3, but it's even with Drake's Fortune. The characters around Drake weren't as good, and it seems like there weren't as many memorable set pieces.

But the fact that you can even compare it to a console quality game is why I think it is amazing. It may not be quite as good as any of the console Uncharted games, but the simple fact that we are even comparing the two really shows off the power and potential of the Vita.

I do agree that that characters that were introduced in this title weren't nearly as fleshed out as the console characters are, but Drake and Sully still have that classic back and forth dialogue and the game still feels like classic Uncharted. If there were no Uncharted console games, this game would be rated a lot higher I think, but since we have PS3 games to compare it to it will always lose out to those.

Parker

It's definately a start. Not to mention the new developer. Can't wait to see if Naughty Dog wants to make their own title on this system. Might not happen, but Bend will have more experience for the next portable Uncharted.

I don't think Naughty Dog will personally develop an Uncharted game for the Vita. They will more than likely let bend develop it but oversee the development process like they have done with Golden Abyss. I am very excited for the inevitable Golden Abyss sequel though. The leap from Uncharted: Drakes Fortune to Uncharted 2 :Among Thieves was amazing and I'm hoping to see the same on the Vita.

Parker

• 1 month later...