Shenmue HD remasters of I and II hinted at...

JapanimeGamer

I mean i know this is all just wishful thinking but i am currently 80%+ sure the re-masters will come, they just make so much sense to do it with Shenmue III on the way.

Also like i say, SEGA wouldnt normally comment unless it had something behind it...

We went 13 years since Shenmue II came out begging and pleading for Shenmue III and we never heard a single word back, not a whiff, nothing... then if you look at all the activity in the past 18 months (especially in the last 11 months since E3) it has been a total turn around with us now getting a Shenmue III and also an official respsonse from SEGA saying they are trying to make the re-masters happen...

This is light and day over what we had to endure for well over a decade...

I am more than optimistic right now.

um nope we saw the news on the PS lifestyle website and he posted it, didn't even know that this thread existed

This might be about the other thread being locked after the guy who created that thread did so literally 1 minute (approx) after checking my personal profile here at PSNP which contained info and a link to the Shenmue re-masters video... he saw this and then thought he would make a thread about it and pass it off as his own, which I didn't like.

I had also posted that same link in my Shenmue III thread (also on PSNP) some 5 hours earlier.

Thank you time stamps.

Check my profile, notice him viewing my proiile at 3.49am (my time) which contained a link to the re-masters video and news about it (I still have the same info there now) and then he created his Shenmue thread about the very same news at approx 3.50am (my time).

So one minute after checking my profile (which I have a screen shot of and I also notified Parker of and he saw himself) the other guy then thought he would use the news I had posted in my profile and make a thread claiming it was his... because I hadn't actually made a new thread about it myself.

Edit: In any case like I have said, I had already posted the news and linked video in my Shenmue III thread some 5 hours earlier, and that is still there now in case you are still confused.

That's the last about that, I am not having my thread derailed by arguments over something that has been dealt with correctly.

Thank you.

Edited by JapanimeGamer

he actually didn't knew about the remasters when i told him about it using the link of that website, and since he didn't knew about the thread and only saw your status update afterwards then that's why he posted it as a thread, because he didn't knew about the existence of this one.

but yeah, no more derailments.

Honestly, after seeing all the buzz about Shenmue 3 I looked back at 1 and 2 and they looked atrocious. Maybe a remaster could do the trick but I feel like these games aren't something for people who weren't fans of the originals to get in to. Maybe it's just me. I'm hoping I'm wrong because people seem to love them to pieces and I'd hate to miss out on a good experience just because it hasn't aged well.

• Like 1

Not sure if you have seen this video Brawler as i had posted it in my Shenmue III thread, i don't like to re-post videos but to be fair it probably belonged in this thread moreso anyway...

It is a great video to help anyone understand the hype behind Shenmue and why so many people hold it so close to their hearts.

I hope you enjoy it...

Edited by JapanimeGamer

Honestly, after seeing all the buzz about Shenmue 3 I looked back at 1 and 2 and they looked atrocious. Maybe a remaster could do the trick but I feel like these games aren't something for people who weren't fans of the originals to get in to. Maybe it's just me. I'm hoping I'm wrong because people seem to love them to pieces and I'd hate to miss out on a good experience just because it hasn't aged well.

They are really "you had to be there" games.  Like I said before, the things that made Shenmue a technical and procedural marvel back in the day and an awe-inspiring experience to play through... are things that almost EVERY game has nowadays.  It was a pioneering series in every sense of the word.

If you take away the significance of those things... like introducing the series to a new generation of gamers that barely know life without them... the clunky controls, cliche story and so-bad-its-good acting/writing won't impress anyone.  A remaster wouldn't "fix" those issues, though I still think the games look nice and a remastering would look even better at least.

EDIT: As quickly as I'd buy a remaster... I almost don't want it to happen.  As if I need another reason to hate this whiny, spoiled generation of gamers... lest to watch them **** on a brilliant game because they don't understand what made it so brilliant, and think anyone that tries to explain it to them are "taking it in the ***" by SEGA for "defending such a rip-off".  (Not that you are Brawler, just speaking hypothetically.)

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 2

There's been so many rumours about shenmue remasters previously being in the works or being almost finished, its gettings pretty annoying hopefully it becomes a thing this time.

Otherwise I got Yakuza so i'm not too fussed. Anyway thanks for posting the news.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Interesting activity here as Shenmue III co-producer Cédric Biscay of Shibuya Productions has tweeted to Sega to #SaveShenmueHD

I think a man of Cedric's position within the circle of all things Shenmue would know a lot more about Shenmue HD possibilities than most other people and I do think that he is tweeting this to keep the interest alive knowing full well that the re-masters are indeed on their way.

We just need the official word from SEGA.

Edited by JapanimeGamer

I know this latest news has also just been posted a few minutes ago by Parker but this thread here contains all the news and rumours regarding Shenmue I and II HD re-masters, it is still an ongoing and updated thread for over a year now and I will continue to keep it that way until the games in question are finally released.

SEGA Europe has registered a couple of new Shenmue domains! ShenmueHD.com & ShenmueRemastered.com

This along with the news I posted just 2 days ago (post above this one) suggests that the re-masters are gathering pace and that an announcement is imminent.

Edited by JapanimeGamer