Apple patents Playstation-like controller

Lady Lilith

No one would pay $1000 for a home console.

You'd be surprised. When the PlayStation 3 was released there were people selling them on eBay for thousands of dollars. If someone wants something bad enough they don't care how much it costs. And you're talking about the Apple fanatics who will stand in line for days and hundreds of dollars for a phone that is pretty much the same as the one they gave in their pocket...

Parker

I thought "WTF?" as well, originally - but apparently, that isn't a patent for a DualShock-like controller from Apple - it's a patent concerning allowing 3rd-party controllers to be used on their devices. That's why it looks like a DualShock... it's supposed to be a DualShock.

first of all, anything Apple with more than one button is a shocker... second, yes the Apple fanboys will jump on an iConsole even if they had to pay $3000 and sell their soul.

then again, i thought Microsoft was dumb for building a console but with a slick name like Xbox they have gathered a large enough fanbase... im sure the Apple iJunk would do the same... it just wont support flash

and im out... :ninja:

• 1 month later...

That just completely reeks of rip-off. It's a goddamn Dualshock 2. It's probably going to have the silver Sony logo scratched off by several hundred Chinese people and stamped with a poorly drawn apple.

No one would pay $1000 for a home console.

Ever heard of the Neo Geo?

That just completely reeks of rip-off. It's a goddamn Dualshock 2. It's probably going to have the silver Sony logo scratched off by several hundred Chinese people and stamped with a poorly drawn apple.

Ever heard of the Neo Geo?

Yeah and how did that sell? You guys are taking the "no one" thing a little too literally.

Yeah and how did that sell? You guys are taking the "no one" thing a little too literally.

It sold a little under a million worldwide. Still better than what the Apple Pippin sold. Neo Geo AES was $649 and Pippin was $599. At least the Neo Geo had games worth playing.

I don't deny it had some great games, but those games were $200-$250 each. Parents weren't dropping that on kids back in the day. I didn't know a single person who had a Neo Geo when I was a kid. Back then you had either a Genesis or SNES, and only the "rich kids" had both. I had to play Samurai Showdown on Sega CD (yeah I had one lol). I know people think Apple just prints cash with it's products but a $1000 home console is not what their target audience is looking to drop that kind of cash on. Especially when those people will already have an iPad that will play games. I'm sure some people would buy it, but I at that price I think this would be a failure. Remember the CDi, expensive consoles have historically not sold well.

• Like 1