[Import PP]Trails in the Project Platinum

Satoshi Ookami

20 minutes ago, fantrig99 said:

Nice! Congrats on the platinum. How's the game in comparison to the previous two entries? From some news source I have read is it true that

Reveal hidden contents

there will be a 4th entry to the Cold Steel series?

It's better that the previous entries, but very similiar to Sen I, but even tough it's good, nothing compared to the Crossbell duology (best games in the series) :) and to the other question yes it is true!

Edited by Vincentto

10 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Uuum... Let's just say you are the first one once it's localized xD

Okay, thanks!

3 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Because no Renne :awesome: 

Well, I can't really share your love for her since I'm a girl, but there is a little bit of her in Sen III and Tita mentions her of course.

Edited by Vincentto

14 minutes ago, Vincentto said:

It's better that the previous entries, but very similiar to Sen I, but even tough it's good, nothing compared to the Crossbell duology (best games in the series) :) and to the other question yes it is true!

Thanks for the confirmation! Looks like it will be another great game. Hoping they will localize it soon and maybe the Crossbell games someday.  

7 minutes ago, fantrig99 said:

Thanks for the confirmation! Looks like it will be another great game. Hoping they will localize it soon and maybe the Crossbell games someday.  

No problem :) I'm sure it will get localized next year, but I'm not sure will Xseed do it, since Falcom has been working with other companies recently, but who knows? At least I get to play Sen III again someday! :D

Edited by Vincentto

38 minutes ago, hasegawa2010 said:

Congrats!!!

How is Emma's role in Sen III?

Thank you! Well, she does have a smaller role than in the previous games. She has increased her magic powers a lot and is much powerful than before. But, I don't want to spoil too much... She is playable at some parts,I'm sure you will enoy the parts she is at, you can still bond with her and buy her a gift! :) Even tough she is not that much in the game.

Edited by Vincentto

5 minutes ago, Vincentto said:

Thank you! Well, she does have a smaller role than in the previous games. She has increased her magic powers a lot and is much powerful than before. But, I don't want to spoil too much... She is playable at some parts  but I'm sure you will enjoy the parts she is at, you can still bond with her even tough she is not that much in the game.

Thank you for the quick reply!

"playable at some parts" ....sad face ..... Hopefully, Emma is still playable in Sen IV. Yeah, I'm sure I will enjoy the parts she is at to my heart's content ?. It will be my first bonding trophy again. I wish I could let Gaius and Emma spend time together, they should make a good couple.

9 minutes ago, Leon Hasegawa said:

Thank you for the quick reply!

"playable at some parts" ....sad face ..... Hopefully, Emma is still playable in Sen IV. Yeah, I'm sure I will enjoy the parts she is at to my heart's content 1f601.png. It will be my first bonding trophy again. I wish I could let Gaius and Emma spend time together, they should make a good couple.

Nobody can't really expect anything from Sen IV right now, since the ending of Sen III was pretty wild. ? But hopefully she will be, enjoy the game and if you need help with it feel free to message me!

Edited by Vincentto

16 minutes ago, Vincentto said:

Nobody can't really expect anything from Sen IV right now, since the ending of Sen III was pretty wild. 1f603.png But hopefully she will be, enjoy the game and if you need help with it feel free to message me!

The only help which I need right now is a motivation to play (or continue) this game (-_-;).

Edited by Leon Hasegawa

On 10/18/2017 at 3:30 PM, killivincent said:

Yeah, I played Sen I and Sen II japanese first and then I played them in english... The voice acting was so horrible compared to the glorious japanese that I played both english versions muted. If you decide to import, Sen III is not hard at all, but at the moment it has very very serious bugs that are quite annoying.

I actually really wonder sometimes if what voice track you like better depends on which one you hear first, excluding seriously awful ones.  Like Trails in the Sky definitely has an awful dub that makes me glad the voice acting was minimal and I definitely swapped the voices on my PC versions.  But I think the voice acting in English in Sen and Sen II is just fine and now playing Sen III in Japanese, I'm not really liking some of the Japanese voices.  Makes me wonder if our preferences are that we're so used to hearing a certain voice that hearing something different seems awful when the actual acting is fine. 

I'm curious about the bugs though, and any tips for someone who is still in the first chapter?  Like anything highly missable I should be aware of?

5 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I actually really wonder sometimes if what voice track you like better depends on which one you hear first, excluding seriously awful ones.  Like Trails in the Sky definitely has an awful dub that makes me glad the voice acting was minimal and I definitely swapped the voices on my PC versions.  But I think the voice acting in English in Sen and Sen II is just fine and now playing Sen III in Japanese, I'm not really liking some of the Japanese voices.  Makes me wonder if our preferences are that we're so used to hearing a certain voice that hearing something different seems awful when the actual acting is fine. 

I'm curious about the bugs though, and any tips for someone who is still in the first chapter?  Like anything highly missable I should be aware of?

There is a serious bug regarding master quartzes. Try the get them all in your first playthrough, since in the second round one master quartz (Emma's initial one) will disappear and you can't get the trophy for getting all 28 master quartz. This happened to me and I had to do third round just for the master quarzes. I carried over everything from clear file expect all the master quartzes and collected them again. No other too serious bugs at the moment expect that, but to me the game crashed a lot in the final chapters.

2 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I'm guessing the bugs will be fixed when it localizes. I'm still sad that there we haven't heard any news regarding it coming to the West.

Yeah, I'm sure they will. There has been couple patches already, but there is still problems. I guess the game should come to west next year at least.

On 10/19/2017 at 1:01 AM, killivincent said:

Well around 70-80 hours, second round should be much faster since you can skip cutscenes.

I guess it will take me double amount of time to plat it as well as finish "something". 30 hrs gaming weekly, it may take me 5-6 weeks to finish everything, only if I don't spend too much time on playing other games (-_-;).

A wise old man once said only one playthrough is required if you don't miss any collectibles to plat this game.

1 hour ago, Leon Hasegawa said:

I guess it will take me double amount of time to plat it as well as finish "something". 30 hrs gaming weekly, it may take me 5-6 weeks to finish everything, only if I don't spend too much time on playing other games (-_-;).

A wise old man once said only one playthrough is required if you don't miss any collectibles to plat this game.

Yeah, it's possible to finish the game in one playthrough with collectibles, but with platinum two is required unless you started with nightmare difficulty. And hey I'm sure no one is forcing you to finish Sen III quickly! I have many unfinished games... Like Star Ocen 4 and Oreshika for example.. I left Persona 4 unfinished too since I wanted to play Sen III, just play at your own pace and enjoy gaming ?

On 10/20/2017 at 0:24 AM, killivincent said:

There is a serious bug regarding master quartzes. Try the get them all in your first playthrough, since in the second round one master quartz (Emma's initial one) will disappear and you can't get the trophy for getting all 28 master quartz. This happened to me and I had to do third round just for the master quarzes. I carried over everything from clear file expect all the master quartzes and collected them again. No other too serious bugs at the moment expect that, but to me the game crashed a lot in the final chapters.

I guess Emma doesn't like that MQ ?.

Good news for anyone who missed getting all master quartz in 1st playthrough and planned to get it in 2nd playthrough with MQ carried over bonus. The recently patch Ver.1.04 fixes this issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leon Hasegawa said:

I guess Emma doesn't like that MQ 1f619.png.

Good news for anyone who missed getting all master quartz in 1st playthrough and planned to get it in 2nd playthrough with MQ carried over bonus. The recently patch Ver.1.04 fixes this issue.

Dammit, now they fixed it.... ? Well, good for those who are playing right now! By the way how is your progress with the game?