Tips for freezing

DeGrape83

yeah, I just reach this part of the game, it always freeze on the exact same spot over and over and over, it froze the whole ps3 too, meaning wether to press the reset button on your ps3 or to pull out the power cord to reset the whole thing.

the camera trick is to turn the camera agenst the bridge that you need to across and run toward the camera, I did this but despite that I manage to pass the part where the game always freeze but it still froze halfway the bridge. It seems that this problem only affect the ps3 version of the game.

and they wanted us to pay $25 for this shitty "HD" port on the EU PLAYSTATION store??

thank god that I got it in the January sales for $11 and I still think it doesn't worth it with that price, I already 100% this game way back in 2005 on the ps2, it never F****** froze!! not even once!.

for those who stuck at this part as well (keep using the camera trick thingy and hope for the best) or " wait for whoever butthole is responsible for this "anniversary" crap to hear us out and patch the stupid thing.... I hope.

and for those who's planning to get it at the moment on ps3 DON'T! wether to wait to be patched then keep asking if it's no longer freezing from time to time or if you have a ps4 or Wii U or Steam account get it there insted, or buy the ps2 classic from the PS store (if it's still exist).

EDIT: after like 12 attempt I finally manage to pass the glitch, thanks to some guy who posted a solution at the website called playstation trophies or something. the trick is to turn the camera around and pass the bridge while running toward the camera ( big polar bear chasing crash bandicoot style ) or ( killer wale chasing sonic at the bridge in sonic adventure ) and while running turn the camera to the right " the point is to not allow any explosion to show at the screen " till you reach the save point at the end. Note: after reaching the save point save your game then quit then load and continue your progress, because it's still will gonna froze if you looked back at the bridge, quit after saving will reset the bridge and bombs back. and do not attempt going back to the bridge as it may froze the game again...

if you manage to plat this game do yourself a favor and delete it to save some space like I'm going to do.

Edited by yellowwindow7
  • Like 2

I only had it freeze on me one time. the 2cnd time i crossed the bridge i held the right stick up to zoom in on me , whilst still keeping the camera forward looking where i was going. it seemd completely fine after i crossed the bridge no freeze no lag or anything. So i guess for other people who have this occur try zooming in while running across the bridge its another strategy and not as difficult as holding your camera behind you. Also im on hard difficulty, so if its worse on night mare ill let you guys know. 

Edited by DanZorg420
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...

I agree, the right stick kept to up is much easier than the camera facing you, it worked on my 2nd attempt on nightmare difficulty, also i was unsure if i bought the magic upgrade so i came back to the merchant through the bridge using the same tactic and i managed to pass. I think that is better not using double jumps during the bridge, as when i did so on my 1st try i got freeze, on my 2nd i didn't use it and i passed it.

2018 and still no patch, definitely whoever is going through this on ps3 must face the glitch.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm playing this on PS3 currently and I did the bridge part without freezing. I didn't turn the camera, I did it without thinking about it and after I crossed I realised it was THAT part. So I don't know *shrug*

PS: I regret adding this to my backlog years ago, camera is bad, controls are bad, races are annoying and combats can be a real pain on Nightmare, especially since you lose all your items after losing a life if you used them. How come they don't give you back your items if you start before the fight sequence ?

12 minutes ago, gerinoa said:

I'm playing this on PS3 currently and I did the bridge part without freezing. I didn't turn the camera, I did it without thinking about it and after I crossed I realised it was THAT part. So I don't know *shrug*

PS: I regret adding this to my backlog years ago, camera is bad, controls are bad, races are annoying and combats can be a real pain on Nightmare, especially since you lose all your items after losing a life if you used them. How come they don't give you back your items if you start before the fight sequence ?

Not sure but I think if you die enought in a same part they will give you the power up bar full again. I remember that happened to me in one of the last section before the last boss fight.

Edited by NordicSaiyan

^ Thanks ! When I died a few times without exiting, the game allowed me to go to the shop but guess what... If you already had the max number of items in your save, you can't buy new ones to change. The game doesn't allow you to get rid of unwanted items.

I really had a hard time with the fights at the King's Palace, it's so infuriating, enemies are so unfair and cheap... I just passed this chapter.

Still no freeze or glitch until now, thanks god for that