Dynasty Warriors Anniversary Announcement Delayed To 2016 (This Year)

kidson2004

News to me. Wasn't expecting a new Dynasty Warriors game for a while, but this is as best of a time to release some press about it:

Dynasty Warriors turned 15 last year, and publisher Koei Tecmo teased something pretty tasty to celebrate the series that spawned the sprawling Warriors (Musou) franchise, which includes Samurai Warriors, Hyrule Warriors, One Piece: Pirate Warriors, Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage and Warriors Orochi, among others.

Unfortunately here we are in 2016 and the promised announce has not occurred. In a website update translated by Gematsu, Omega Force producer producer Akihiro Suzuki apologised and said we can expect an update this year.

“Last year, we welcomed the 15th anniversary of the Dynasty Warriors series, and we were not able to deliver the news fans were expecting. For that, we are very sorry,” he wrote.

“This year, we’re preparing to be able to make a big announcement, so please look forward to it.”

http://www.vg247.com/2016/01/04/dynasty-warriors-anniversary-announcement-delayed-to-2016/

Who's excited for more Dynasty Warriors!? I am!!

• Like 1

I do love Dynasty Warriors - Still remember getting my PS2 and playing Dynasty Warriors 2 first (Even before MGS2, GTA3, DMC or any of the other games I bought that day!)

That was a great day all round so in the meantime enjoy some classic Yellow Turban Rebellion till the announcement comes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63UtLidmvGo

News to me. Wasn't expecting a new Dynasty Warriors game for a while, but this is as best of a time to release some press about it:

http://www.vg247.com/2016/01/04/dynasty-warriors-anniversary-announcement-delayed-to-2016/

Who's excited for more Dynasty Warriors!? I am!!

I am...sort of. I would like this to re-kindle the flame.

• Like 1

Mmmmm, I love me some Warriors.

I'd love for them to incorporate SW4's Hyper attacks into the game, whether it's a permanent attack or more likely, an added bonus to rage mode. Having the characters sweep really quickly through enemies has been overly desirable when I played SW4 and SW4-II.

I'd also love good stealth segments. Can't remember which one it was but there was a level where you played Huang Zhong and snuck behind enemy lines firing an arrow at the occasional guard. Maybe one of the 5 titles.

Also, this better not turn into some crappy announcement like Chibi Warriors of the Three Kingdoms or something.