Blatantly Wrong Answers/THE MOOPS

LunchCannon54

It's bad enough that some questions are vaguely worded enough that even looking them up won't help, but there's some blatantly wrong answers on there as well that can throw you off. For example in the Best Answer minigame one of the questions was "Where did Bilbo Baggins first go to in The Hobbit" (the best answer of course you would think is Rivendell). NOPE. It's The Shire apparently. Even though he didn't go there himself, he FUCKING LIVED THERE. Now I know Trivial Pursuit is renowned for having wrong answers (THE MOOPS) but it's beyond a joke just how they got away with this nonsense for the video game, especially in the middle of going for the trophy which requires you get every single question right in a five round game, not to mention how vague and deliberately misleading some of the questions are. 

• Like 2

Wtf is "the moops"?

That's a Seinfeld reference. In one of the episodes, there's a misprint on a card. It's supposed to say "the Moors" but instead says "the Moops".

To setup why it's supposed to be funny, George (the sociopath a-hole of the show) is playing Trivial Pursuit with a boy in a bubble who has an immune system problem. The boy is a total prick and George can't stand him. The boy answers the question correctly "The Moors", but George is such a jerk and throws it in his face that the answer on the card shows "The Moops"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia02fGpUQfU

Love the show, hate George. But you're supposed to hate George, so does that mean I like George?!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/7/2016 at 1:11 AM, LunchCannon54 said:

It's bad enough that some questions are vaguely worded enough that even looking them up won't help, but there's some blatantly wrong answers on there as well that can throw you off. For example in the Best Answer minigame one of the questions was "Where did Bilbo Baggins first go to in The Hobbit" (the best answer of course you would think is Rivendell). NOPE. It's The Shire apparently. Even though he didn't go there himself, he FUCKING LIVED THERE. Now I know Trivial Pursuit is renowned for having wrong answers (THE MOOPS) but it's beyond a joke just how they got away with this nonsense for the video game, especially in the middle of going for the trophy which requires you get every single question right in a five round game, not to mention how vague and deliberately misleading some of the questions are. 

Hmm. When I was going for the Pop Goes Perfection trophy, I did not experience any of these questions, although I have had one so far while winning 25 games. There was a question that was 'what do you get when you breed a male donkey and a female horse,' or something like that. I looked it up, and the answer was hinny. I pressed it, but the answer was mule! Google doesn't lie, so this was completely wrong.

On 2/29/2016 at 4:20 AM, Babsimabuse said:

The game teaches me that in Canada you have to drive on the left side. That´s wrong, isn´t it?

As far as I know from looking it up, Canadian's steering wheels are on the left and they drive on the right side of the road.

• 3 years later...

Most popular fruit in the world (mangos as a good answer, not bananas) and biggest exporter of rice in 2012 (should be India).

In two attempts out of three I had a questions with wrong answer. Shame :(

Edit: and another one! Which animals are omnivores (grab that bag), and Bagers was a wrong answer! FFS this is one od the first info that you get if you google badgers! Everyone knows that!

Maybe I will play UK version... :o

Edited by NieSwiety