Tales From The Netherworld - a Disgaea-theme event

myidea.png

The Netherworld, a world spoiled by spite, cruelty, blood soaked taboos, and boundless riffraff... If you have the courage to descend upon the lands of this Netherworld, beware of losing your mind to the chaos.

This is your only warning...

Creator: DetectiveCJ

Welcome to my little pet project, Tales from the Netherworld! If you have any knowledge of what a Netherworld is, you can guess what it refers to. Yep, Nippon Ichi's flagship series, Disgaea! ^_^

After renting Disgaea 2 from Blockbuster so many years ago, I got hooked on this wacky series about demons and the things they do, and that young sexy demoness Etna really sold the games to me. (And no, don't try to judge me as a perv because she wears dominatrix gear!) Disgaea 2 was my first game in the series but I love the wacky humor in every game. Disgaea 3 is still my favorite due to the school setting.

But we won't be playing those games. Nope, the games I intend to play for this event are simple:

L876bfd.png Played every Monday for 5-9 hours
Ld9c262.png Played every Wednesday for 5-9 hours (I buy groceries then so I might add in time during Tuesday and Thursday)

L816c10.png Played every Friday for 5-9 hours

This is for several purposes: One, to start playing games I had bought a while back(I finally got my hands on a copy of D4 for Vita at the local Gamestop and had bought Disgaea 5 for Black Friday); two, to get a Disgaea platinum on my list. Three, for fun!

I know the Disgaea series is not for the faint of heart or impatient or autistic(like myself) - some of the trophies will require you to fight some of the most brutal enemies in the game, and to do that you have to micromanage a lot - the level cap is a whopping 9999, and the damage can shoot up in the trillions but it requires you to fight some insanely difficult maps(the games are Strategy Turn-Based RPGs, similar to Final Fantasy Tactics) and farm and grind like a wheat miller during a famine! This means that you'll be doing the same maps for moons. However, once you get that super-uber guy that can one-shot Baal(who is a staple in the games, he's the super-uber boss who can one-shot any newbie), you will get a great sense of accomplishment!

So what is the purpose of this thread other than for my personal benefit? I need a support group to get through these days, so I want you guys to participate, show your support, and we can discuss things while I go through the stories and post-games of these sadistic games. I intend to repay you for your support as best as I can, so here is what I will do:

• Every time I get past a checkpoint, I'll put up some trivia questions about the story I've played through in each game in general(D2 trivia on Tuesday, Disgaea 4 trivia on Thursday and D5 trivia on Saturday). It'll have a couple of obvious questions and some obscure ones for true hardcore Disgaea fans.
  • I will put up a leaderboard for the trivia games.
  • Once I get the platinum for these games, I will announce the winners for the trivia contest. The top three scorers will get prizes of PSN cards. (I will be saving up money for $70 in PSN cards.) I wanted to give a gift certificate to the Nippon Ichi store but I can't buy anything online due to my dad having an iron fist on my bank account. <_< I am sure I will have enough money for the cards and I will PM the winners privately so I can find out where to mail the cards to. (I promise to delete the PMs once I send the stuff in the mail, but you may have to wait a bit - I live in San Antonio and delivering my mail is a bit tricky as I live in an apartment complex.)

Also, if you want to contribute characters to my party(I will accept a few), please leave the name of the character, their class, and any personality they might have if you have knowledge of how that works.

The checkpoints will require some grinding but all three games have a cheat shop, although Disgaea 5 will require me to beat Chapter 3 to get the bill to open up the cheat shop there. I have downloaded the Disgaea D2 DLC for Disgaea 5 so you can expect Laharl and his crew to show up post-game in that game. In order to show you guys that I am not a con-man who promises the universe and gives you nada, I will take pictures of my progress with my PS Vita and adding the shots here in the thread after my play session each day is over.

Well, I hope you all enjoy the event! Mwa ha ha!

Han_The_Dragon: (Indirectly active)

• (Wind) Smokey: Mothman (Disgaea D2)
  • (Hand) Clair: Thief w/ Bow skills (Disgaea 4)
  • (Gun) Menphis: Nekomata (Disgaea 5)

ENinjask123: (Active, will play Disgaea 4)

Checkpoint #1: Clear Chapter 1 in each game

Edited by DetectiveCJ
  • Like 1

I love the series. I really need to get back into D5, but as I get older my desire to grind these games out gets less and less. Also, I really need to go back to D4 and DD2 but I don't use my PS3 anymore. Maybe this will inspire me to get back into D5 at least.

Is there any word on the Disgaea PC port with the Afternoon of Darkness content coming to the PS4? Would be nice to get that with trophy support. 

You mean Wdjat? Sure, I'll put it in my D2 roster. Why would I not commemorate the moderator who loves the Disgaea series as much as I do? B)

I can make a Private Prinny and then promote him since D2 introduces the concept of changing your characters to their upper tiers by promotion instead of making a whole new character.

Also, to everyone reading this, you didn't have to sign up in the sign-up thread, you are free to contribute anything you want at any time, I am always up for support. I'll be waking up around 8 AM tomorrow, starting my play of D2, get some food and washing at around noon, and work for a few more hours until I complete the checkpoint on D2. I might even start playing tonight, depending on whether I feel up to it.

To TheFluke: I just recently heard that the original game was going to PC, I don't know anything about that port being ported to PS4. Sorry. It would be nice if we had that, I enjoyed Etna Mode.

EDIT: Okay, here is my first play of Disgaea D2. I created a few characters - Mimosa(my mascot, a female Magician), (Wind)Smokey the Mothman(as suggested by Han_The_Dragon) Wdjat the Prinny, A Fist Fighter called Joan, a thief called Catherine when I unlocked the class, and...

2016-01-11-094531.jpg Yep, Fuka and Desco.

I had bought the DLC for Fuka and Desco but didn't realize that it could transfer between accounts. Anyways, those two will be part of the main party for this playthrough.

2016-01-11-104958.jpg Checkpoint 1 for D2 complete

I got everyone up to Level 20 except the monsters(who are around Level 13) - I'll forgot to take a picture of their stats but I'll do that next update. I apologize for lack of pictures but I will try to get more next time. For now I've cleared Episode 1 in D2. I'll put up the trivia for this chapter either this afternoon or tomorrow morning. ^_^

Progress to Platinum: 11%

Trophies Earned:

1. The New Disgaea Anime (actually earned nine days ago to put the game on the list)
  2. Cheater, Cheater, Pumpkin Eater
  3. Baby's First Ride
  4. 2 Become 1
  5. The End of the Rainbow
  6. Bringer of Life (by creating Mimosa, my mascot for this game)
  7. Jumping Juggernaut
  8. Game Over... Or Not!
  9. As Seen On TV (Level up a Demon Dojo)
  10. Statue Connoisseur (Clear Episode 1)
Edited by DetectiveCJ

Okay, now I learned how to make a spoiler tag, I'll put up the first set of trivia questions for Disgaea D2. Here is how it will work:

Correct answers will yield 3 points, incorrect answers that hit close to the correct answer will yield one point.

There will be 5-10 questions for each chapter of the three Disgaeas I am playing as well as three bonus trivias for post-game.

Once the last trivias are tallied, the winner will be whoever gets the most points. The top three scorers will be given prizes once I get the platinum for all three games. (This will give me time to accrue enough $$$ to buy the cards and mail them.)

1st Place: Two $20 PSN cards

2nd Place: One $20 PSN card

3rd Place: One $10 PSN card

I would have tried to get prizes from the Nippon Ichi store but I had a bad experience which forced me to replace my debit card and I don't really want to risk any problems, even though I'm sure NIS wouldn't scam me. Besides, my dad has a grip on my account and I would have to make him approve that. :(

Anyways, here is the first set of trivia for Disgaea D2. Please put your answers in spoiler tags so that nobody else gets an advantage. Also, if you want to discuss anything, please don't spoil any part of the story beyond the checkpoints, in this case chapter one, and try to use spoiler tags to avoid spoiling anything for anyone who has not played the game. I know I'm asking a lot of spoiler tags, but I don't want to see posts of "Oh great, you spoiled it for me!!!" :)

If you don't want to be spoiled, then you obviously shouldn't be participating as the answers to each trivia quiz can be found in the game it's in. So for example, if you paid attention to the story of Episode 1 of D2, you would be able to answer all of these questions - I didn't make them too hard, except for one which may require some research.

(1) What does the mounted skill "Bomber Dood" reference?

(2) In one part of the chapter, the group finds a Laharl statue that Etna claims had a fountain added to it for a personal touch. This feature represents a certain statue that is equally undignified. What real-life statue does the Laharl statue that offended Laharl emulate?

(3) One of the statues the group comes across isn't even of Laharl! Who is the statue of?

(4) What is the name of the trophy that you get for jumping 1000 times in the Overlord's Castle?

(5) Finally, several monsters make a return from the original Disgaea. The first returning monster class appears here. What is the name that the base level tier of this class? (NOTE: It is NOT the Prinny! Prinnies are in all the games, this monster class was in the original Disgaea: Hour of Darkness but disappeared in future games and reappeared here.)

Goooood luck! ^_^

Edited by DetectiveCJ

Alright time to get the ball rolling! I went ahead and got the intro anime trophy over the weekend but now the real fun starts! Well, I say it's fun now...

Anyway, I'm stuck figuring out how to take screenshots with my ps3. All the methods I found through an Internet search proved fruitless, and my last resort would be to take pictures with my phone, but I'm pretty sure no one on here wants to see those pictures (heck, I don't even...)

I'm going to get started pictures or no, but at least let me get the trivia questions out of the way first...

(1) Does it have anything to do with the way Prinnies explode when they're thrown?

(2) Flonne? I never finished the first game but that sounds like something that would infuriate him...

(3) Still gonna say Flonne...

(4) Jumping Juggernaut

(5) No clue...

All right, I've edited the last post, ENinjask. A+ for effort but... to be fair, I'll let you answer again AFTER you get past the checkpoint since most of the answers can be found in the game. Also, I edited question 2 since I didn't state that it was something in real life, not something in the game I was referring to. I know what it refers to but you may not know. I apologize for that and will try to be a bit more careful. I wanted people to do some research at least for one question.

I apologize for not updating right after I shut down Disgaea 4 for Vita, but I had to go grocery shopping and work some more on another platinum so here are the update pictures!

2016-01-13-083214.jpg

Oh Axel, never change. :D

2016-01-13-091105.jpg

Tower grinding is the only way to go. Also, the cheat shop is only available after you complete the level to unlock the Cam-pain HQ as you need to pass a bill to unlock the shaman NPC who is the Cheat Shop. But once you get it, it's golden.

2016-01-13-092941.jpg

Like D2, you can get some secret characters. In this case, it's the two new characters from Disgaea 3 for Vita, Stella and Rutile. (Rutile is the cat-eared girl in the school uniform.) I thought I had not gotten them when my upload gave me an error but I learned that the error was just a formality, I managed to get the bill passed. (It was cool as the two characters were in the Senate with Valvatorez.)

2016-01-13-095514.jpg

Stella has a neat evility called Presidential Air which is so Overpowered - put her on the bottom of a tower formation and you'll never have to worry about her being underleveled; all the enemies that surround her will boost her stats through the roof and get a debuff.

2016-01-13-085730.jpg

However, don't try to boost the enemy level TOO high; that evility has a limit. ;) (Also, I needed to get a Game Over for the trophy - boost to max stars in difficulty and let them gang-bang you. :D)

2016-01-13-110020.jpg

Here's the mascot character, Luna Lovegood. (Anyone who gets the reference gets an extra 10 points towards their trivia score.)

2016-01-13-113931.jpg

My favorite character in Disgaea history makes her debut, signaling the clearing of Checkpoint 1 for this game. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Trophy Progress on Disgaea 4 Vita: 4%

• Need... More... Sardines!
  • Prinnynapping!

I also got Welcome to Disgaea 4! nine days ago by watching the opening anime. So that means I have three bronzes so far.

And now the trivia for today:

Q1: What are the only two things Valvatorez fears?

Q2: Axel debuted in a trophyless Disgaea game. Where did he show up first?

Q3: Disgaea 4 introduced a battle concept that was removed in later games which was similar to Magichange. What concept was this?

Q4: What is the Russian word for sardine that was mentioned by Fenrich in the teaser to Chapter 2?

Q5: What type of mythical creature is Valvatorez? What type of mythical being is Fenrich?

Friday will be the first update for Disgaea 5! Hype! ^_^

Also, I want to promote discussion of the games, so please talk about the current stories and characters in the games I've played up to the end of Episode 1 for each. (Spoilers would be advised to avoid anyone coming in who hasn't played the games.)

Okay, I actually know these questions now! Well, save for one...

1 - Failing to keep a promise and sardine bones stuck in his gums.

2 - No idea, but I'm guessing the second game in the series, which wasn't on the ps3 and couldn't have trophies.

3 - Monster Fusion

4 - Sardina

5 - Valvatorez is a vampire. Fenrich is a werewolf. And both are infinitely better than anything from the Twilight books.

Alright, so I'm not quite past chapter 2 yet, and I said I was gonna try to clear chapter 3 by tomorrow. If I'm to hit my own personal checkpoint, I'll need to either extend my deadline or strictly play Disgaea tomorrow. Honestly I'm not certain what I'll do about that in particular.

Also again, I'm still not sure if I can take screenshots with this game (and also how to do it if it is possible.) I think it may be because I can't update the game (blame my Internet...)

With regards to your photos, however, I haven't found how to get the two characters/cheat shop you showed. Are they exclusive to the Vita version? Are they dlc on the ps3 version? In either case, I'll be unable to get them. And I see why you like the one character, but I have to say Fenrich so far is my favorite character. He's clever, conniving, witty, cunning, meticulous... and funny. But I can say that about any character in this game. The writing is just amazing in that regard.

Yes, the cheat shop in Disgaea 4 is exclusive to the Vita version, sorry. There used to be a glitch on the original that made it so you cram your inventory and warehouse to burst and then pick up an item and it'd be transferred to the shops and you could dupe it, but the recent patch fixed it.

If you have a smart phone, I think it has a camera function, so you can snap shots with that. For Vita games, you press the PS button and the Start button at the same time and it'll take a snapshot of what's on the screen. I found that out from this forum. ;)

Alright, so I'm not quite past chapter 2 yet, and I said I was gonna try to clear chapter 3 by tomorrow. If I'm to hit my own personal checkpoint, I'll need to either extend my deadline or strictly play Disgaea tomorrow. Honestly I'm not certain what I'll do about that in particular.

Don't bend yourself out of shape, enjoy the game and its characters. That's why I made my checkpoints the clearing of each chapter, because then I could not wait to go to the next chapter.

Anyways, here's the final play of the week, Disgaea 5! This is semi-blind as even though I bought it months ago, this is the first time I am playing it.

2016-01-15-082238.jpg

What's interesting is that D5 steals a thing from the Tales series and has skits in the base. You actually get a trophy for viewing 20 of them, which are funny. :D

2016-01-15-085112.jpg

The MVP system lets you give bonus EXP and mana to the three characters who did the most... and my first MVP goes to the Zombie Maid. xD

2016-01-15-085842.jpg

Our final mascot. She is destined to become a Sage when I unlock that class. Classes are unlocked by taking quests, although you still have to have characters of the proper 'rank.'

ge.jpg

Checkpoint reached. To be honest, this was quick - I expected a boss but all it was in this game was a neutral character(Red Magnus) helping us kick some Lost warriors and then we ended the chapter. I didn't even grind because Lynette was gaining skill mastery fast, although she did get killed in one map. All my characters are around Level 3.

And, as usual, the chapter teasers are hilarioous - in this one, Seraphina deludes herself with sexual fantasies. xD

Since this checkpoint was rather short, the trivia quiz for this part is also short, only three questions. All trivia questions can be answered at any time before I get the platinums so you have no penalty for being late. All answers to the questions will also be given at that time.

(1) In this game, the Netherworlds have names. What is the name of Seraphina's and Red Magnus's Netherworlds?

(2) Killia exhibits a weird ritual he engages it before entering battles, at least during story cutscenes. What is it?

(3) In one of the quests in the Quest Shop, someone wants gum? What type of gum does that person want?

The first checkpoint has been reached, so it's time for the next checkpoint! Since Disgaea 5 has twice as many chapters, it'll be different since I don't want it to be left behind.

Week 2 Checkpoints:

Checkpoint 2 (Disgaea D2 / Disgaea 4: APR): Clear Chapter 2

Checkpoint 2 (Disgaea 5): Clear Chapter 3

Oh this is quite fun. Mind if i join answering trivial questions?

I've already finished Disgaea 4 on my PS3 and i won't challenge the PSV version anytime soon, but i memorize quite a lot of things and would be more than glad to help.

And i'm slowly progressing through DD2, this may encourage me to go back to it.

And i don't have Disgaea 5 yet, so i'll just wild guess in this :P

And question; are the checkpoints designed for you to remember which game you should focus on, or i'm missing something?

Happy netherworld-hunting ^_^

Sure, go ahead. I invite everyone to try to guess, although you'll get more points if you've played the games. It's great to meet another Disgaea fan. Most of the D4 questions can pretty much be answered regardless of version, since I only give a few questions on the new content. ;) I hope the screenshots I give for D5 will convince you to try it out.

EDIT: I also noticed you're a Danganronpa fan. I have yet to try the series though I have the games on my GameFly Q for later.

Edited by DetectiveCJ
  • Like 1

Sure, go ahead. I invite everyone to try to guess, although you'll get more points if you've played the games. It's great to meet another Disgaea fan. Most of the D4 questions can pretty much be answered regardless of version, since I only give a few questions on the new content. ;) I hope the screenshots I give for D5 will convince you to try it out.

EDIT: I also noticed you're a Danganronpa fan. I have yet to try the series though I have the games on my GameFly Q for later.

I actually watched the first chapter on a Youtube walkthrough and read the characters' Bios beforehand, so i think that will be enough for me to guess some of the answers, of course i'll take points for this part of the event (D5's trivial questions) only for answering (IF correctly) the questions. I'll also do that for the remaining chapters, i don't mind seeing a full walkthrough since i won't be able to get the game soon. But of course, i'll get the game sooner or later ^_^ Oh, and i take it that i can answer all of the questions previously asked, as long as you still don't have the platinum, correct? i shall combine them below then.

Oh, if you are a fan of mystery interactive/puzzle visual novels, you should give the series a try. It's simply fantastic ^_^

Q #1 (DD2)

(1) What does the mounted skill "Bomber Dood" reference?

The Bomberman series, this one is a classic xD

(2) In one part of the chapter, the group finds a Laharl statue that Etna claims had a fountain added to it for a personal touch. This feature represents a certain statue that is equally undignified. What real-life statue does the Laharl statue that offended Laharl emulate?

Well, i'm not sure what the real-life statue's name is....but i do recall that the water feature was added to the laharl statue's crotch area, so he was pissed that it looked like he was actually pissing xD

(3) One of the statues the group comes across isn't even of Laharl! Who is the statue of?

Etna, definitely.

(4) What is the name of the trophy that you get for jumping 1000 times in the Overlord's Castle?

Jumping Juggernaut.

(5) Finally, several monsters make a return from the original Disgaea. The first returning monster class appears here. What is the name that the base level tier of this class?

Edit: I'll go with that Pumpkin/lantern monster class as it first appeared in the first game along with Shark Dragon and didn't until this game.

Q #2 (D4)

Q1: What are the only two things Valvatorez fears?

I'll take a wild guess since i don't remember properly.....He is scared of breaking his promises, especially one that he made to a girl. And i think the other thing that he fears is getting sardine bones stuck in his...throat?

Q2: Axel debuted in a trophyless Disgaea game. Where did he show up first?

Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days, he even had his touching story mode.

Q3: Disgaea 4 introduced a battle concept that was removed in later games which was similar to Magichange. What concept was this?

Fusion...?

Q4: What is the Russian word for sardine that was mentioned by Fenrich in the teaser to Chapter 2?

Oh i know this, Sardina!

Q5: What type of mythical creature is Valvatorez? What type of mythical being is Fenrich?

Valvy = Vampire, Fenfen = Werewolf

Q #3 (D5, most are wild guesses)

(1) In this game, the Netherworlds have names. What is the name of Seraphina's and Red Magnus's Netherworlds?

Oh i definitely know this one, Gorgeous Netherworld and Scorching Flame Netherworld!

(2) Killia exhibits a weird ritual he engages it before entering battles, at least during story cutscenes. What is it?

He eats....he eats what looks like rice before battling :P

(3) In one of the quests in the Quest Shop, someone wants gum? What type of gum does that person want?

I think it's either an ABC or a Mint gum since these are what i think the actual available gums in the series, and since we can deduce that ABC = Already Been Chewed, it's a mint gum!

Edited by YaoiGod

I realized that I had that coming when I was too vague in that one question in D2 trivia. Oops. Technically, YaoiGod, you were correct in Question #5 of the D2 trivia, but then again, that was too obvious. I added a note to the question, go read it again and I'll let you change your answer.

I am learning a lot about making trivia contests. I promise Week 2 will be a little harder to guess. I don't want to give away $70 for nothing. ;)

Tomorrow will start week 2, so you who are reading this keep your eyes peeled for more trivia. Also, anyone who wants to discuss the games can do so here as long as it doesn't spoil the answers to any trivia and it isn't beyond the current checkpoint. Ciao!

Edited by DetectiveCJ
  • Like 1

I realized that I had that coming when I was too vague in that one question in D2 trivia. Oops. Technically, YaoiGod, you were correct in Question #5 of the D2 trivia, but then again, that was too obvious. I added a note to the question, go read it again and I'll let you change your answer.

I am learning a lot about making trivia contests. I promise Week 2 will be a little harder to guess. I don't want to give away $70 for nothing. ;)

Tomorrow will start week 2, so you who are reading this keep your eyes peeled for more trivia. Also, anyone who wants to discuss the games can do so here as long as it doesn't spoil the answers to any trivia and it isn't beyond the current checkpoint. Ciao!

It's totally fine xD I edited my post with my guess ^_^

I'll look forward to it ^_^

Welp, I foolishly erased my last post, so I'll just put a post here and edit it. :(

2016-01-18-092149.jpg

Time to work on getting Buried by Rocks - Mimosa, our mascot mage, is hanging out in the crater Laharl blasted in Flonne's garden. ;)

2016-01-18-093031.jpg

Speaking of yapping, I forgot to get the trophy for yapping with NPCs in the castle a thousand times. Boring as the Netherworld. :(

2016-01-18-095408.jpg

Then again, I could be Flonne. Oh Flonne, when will you ever learn that trying to reason with anyone in the Netherworld NEVER WORKS!? :P

2016-01-18-103100.jpg

Regardless, we hit our second checkpoint in this game, join us in two days for D4:APR! ^_^

Trophy Update:

55S057984.pngGreat Conversationalist

11S026c6a.pngLittle Angel Wrangler

No grinding here except to create a bunch of mooks and kill them off to unlock emblem prizes in the hospital - Mimosa now sports a fashionable Imperial Seal and Dark Rosary. There is going to be a lot of grinding in the next week as once we defeat Sicily, her map becomes a prime grinding spot up to Level 130-140, which will mean no grinding until the story is complete.

Now that that is done, time for the brutal Disgaea D2 Quiz for Week 2! Put your thinking caps on because you'll need some knowledge of the original game as this episode makes some references to that past game.

Q1: What is the name of Laharl's father? You don't have to give a full name, just the name of the former Overlord is fine since it's hard to spell.

Q2: What sort of monster(OTHER THAN PRINNIES) can angels of Celestia summon to aid them in battle? Hint: Flonne summoned one herself before.

Q3: How does Etna know about Laharl's mother?

Q4: Two new monsters that appear in this episode were first seen in an earlier Disgaea game? What are the monsters and in what game did they first show their faces?

Q5: This game introduces a new type of weapon that spellcasters can use besides the staff. What is it?

I hope you give this your best shot and I'll update in two days with the 2nd Week of Disgaea 4: APR. ;)

Edited by DetectiveCJ
  • Like 1

a little detail i found weird for the disgaea games. D4 has animated character portraits during talking cutscenes. DD2 has completely still character portraits and D5 is similar to DD2 but the portraits blink from time to time.

Personally I thought It was really good that D4 portraits animated between each other to make it more fluid then just swapping to another portrait. Not sure why they removed this

All right! This quiz is much more fun to think about up, i'll give it my all ^_^

Q1: What is the name of Laharl's father? You don't have to give a full name, just the name of the former Overlord is fine since it's hard to spell.

King Krichevskoy (YES I SPELLED IT RIGHT!).

Q2: What sort of monster(OTHER THAN PRINNIES) can angels of Celestia summon to aid them in battle? Hint: Flonne summoned one herself before.

Dragons, one of flonne's skills even hint that pretty easily.

Q3: How does Etna know about Laharl's mother?

I think it's because Krichevskoy took her in before (i'm not sure) laharl was born or something, so she would definitely know about her.

Q4: Two new monsters that appear in this episode were first seen in an earlier Disgaea game? What are the monsters and in what game did they first show their faces?

I'm going to take a wild guess out of 4 possible choices, Alraune (first appeared in Disgaea 2) and Slime (first appeared in Disgaea 3)

Q5: This game introduces a new type of weapon that spellcasters can use besides the staff. What is it?

Bookies! or as the game calls them "Grimoires"

EDIT: I tried to boot up my PS3 today and see if i can finish the story of DD2, but it seems that my PS3 hit the bucket yet again. And i won't be able to play the game until i get it fixed, but i think i stopped in Chapter 8-9, so i think i'll be good for a while.

Edited by YaoiGod

You're playing 3 Disgaea games at the same time? Wow, you'd deserve a trophy just for that, even playing two wouldn't be easy for me eheh

I got my Disgaea 3 platinum just yesterday,and i was planning to start one of the three you mentioned, since i have all of them sitting on my shelf... but the thought of starting over with level 1 characters made me dizzy ahaha

You're giving me the courage i need though... as soon as i'm finished with all danganronpa platinums, i'm gonna play these three disgaea games! or at least one of them eheh

Seriously, good luck!

• Like 1

You're giving me the courage i need though... as soon as i'm finished with all danganronpa platinums, i'm gonna play these three disgaea games! or at least one of them eheh

Seriously, good luck!

Way to go! :yay:

I love the Disgaea series because of its tongue-in-cheek humor and memorable characters. I am doing this event because I wanted to :platinum: at least one Disgaea game, and I loved all of these games. Also, all of these games have a cheat shop so you can boost your EXP gain which is vital for making uber characters. ;)

About Danganronpa, I have put the games on the bottom of my GameFly Q. Once I have platinumed a few more games, I'll try to dive into this series since it has an evil teddy bear trying to play SAW with a bunch of poor teenagers by making them solve a mystery.

Edited by DetectiveCJ
  • Like 1

Anyways, time for Wednesday's Update! Week 2 of Disgaea 4 for the Vita, which involves my favorite character in the game! ^_^

2016-01-20-094903.jpg2016-01-20-095021.jpg

I unlocked the Item World and Evil Symbols, as well as a few bills for Evil Symbols, so I passed a few bills and placed Heart Cannon, Defense Fortress, and the Discipline Lab...

2016-01-20-101934.jpg

Which means I can capture monsters and torture them to give me stuff and make them my slaves, bwa ha ha!  :devil:  (Sadly, this ghoul refused to be captured and destroyed the home base - but at least I was able to unlock the Imperial Seal in the hospital by reviving everyone in the base. :P So I captured a weak Catsaber in Prinysletise Room and made it give me a treasure, a cruddy spear.)

2016-01-20-104929.jpg

Back to level grinding! I found that Reincarnation Room in Chapter 1 is best until you reach Chapter 5-2, due to you have only a few Masked Heroes, and Stella can tower attack everyone. Unfortunately, the tougher Masked Hero leader gains Play Giant Hero at Level 30 and that does a ton of damage!

2016-01-20-131610.jpg

Fuka is so awesome! :wub: (Stella and Rutile still weakened her so Luna's boosted Ice spell took her out. The Warp effect in that level is a pain in the jerkknee.  :angry: )

2016-01-20-133455.jpg

Oh, and Axel's back. Go figure. :P

Trophy Progress:

40S97e505.pngRe-Education Program: Capture an enemy

12S80b01d.pngDreams Come True: Clear Chapter 2

So here's the trivia quiz for today, good luck!

(Q1) What school does(or did, past tense) Fuka go to?

(Q2) What school grade was Fuka in?

(Q3) You can pass a bill once you gain access to the Dark Senate to do something to the Dimensional Keeper, and it almost always passes. What does the bill allow you to do to Meaver, the Dimensional Keeper?

Bonus question: What sort of character class is Maever and the Dimensional Keeper in Disgaea D2? They are both the same class.

(Q4) A new type of enemy, the mushroom humanoids called Eriyngi, appear in this chapter. They also appear in the Disgaea 3 games and also, happily, in Disgaea 5. HOWEVER, they also appear in a Nippon Ichi game which has gotten no sequels and stars a character who appears in every Disgaea game as DLC or a post-game optional boss fight. Who is this character and in what game does she star in?

(Q5) Sardines are called iwashi in Japanese, but so is another type of fish which isn't related to sardines? Hint: Said fish is related to pizza in some way.

Edited by DetectiveCJ
  • Like 1

After all I may actively participate in this.. since I got Disgaea 5 on the current sale :) (I wanted the retail version, but can't find it under 50€ and currently I can't pay a premium price for a retail version when the digital is much cheaper).

As of now I'm playing Steins;Gate and Until Dawn (kind of.. not my thing, but I decided to plat it..), but I will start Disgaea 5 as soon as I finish Steins;Gate.. I will need to play a bit of catch up, since I will need 3-4 more days to plat Steins;Gate, but I think it will be fine.

Thanks to everyone for their support of this project. Sadly, I have decided to drop the trivia contest for two reasons:

(1) It is very hard trying to come up with questions, considering that I have to pay attention to dialogue.

(2) I would have to physically mail any prizes I give away and it's difficult for me to mail anything to anyone in my current abode. Also, I need to save my money for other games and my current Wizard101 addiction.

I seriously apologize but I hope you will give any feedback and discuss the games here if you want.

Anyways, on to Week 2 of Disgaea 5!

I was going to go to the end of chapter 3 for my checkpoint this week, but...

2016-01-22-102810.jpg

This guy demanded I wait until next week. Dammit. :(

2016-01-22-082413.jpg

THIS is Void Dark? I was expecting someone more... *Demon General Bloodis appears* Like that guy.

2016-01-22-084910.jpg

Oh Red Magnus, you loveable oaf. xD

2016-01-22-095257.jpg

Finally completed a class unlocking quest and unlocked the Thief class. Now I have a Ninja unlocking quests in my queue.

2016-01-22-101124.jpg

Okay, that's a bit overkill, ya think?

I didn't show any combat because I was having trouble fighting enemies - the boss of Chapter 2 was really tough and I lost my Martial Artist to gang-banging Level 9 Zombies. Okay, so maybe I underestimated how fast I'd go through this game. :(

Trophy Progress:

38S9694e3.pngSwitching to Overload (Use an Overload power)

(Got this by using Red Magnus's Overload power on the third map - his Overload saved my @$$ in the boss fight)

24S4f9eab.pngWe Have A Winner! (Get a One-Time Bonus by filling the Bonus Gauge completely)

(Got this on the second-to-last map - I placed a bunch of Geo Symbols down and accidentally destroyed one with Killia's third fist skill, Exploding Tigers, which set them all off. :P)

3S44699f.pngBuilding an Army (Clear Chapter 2)

I apologize. I forgot that this was Week 3 of the event and forgot to do Disgaea D2 today. I usually spend the evenings playing an MMO which will not be named and I wanted to get as far in it as I could before my next game comes in GameFly. (No, it's not World of Warcraft or a popular name, it's a cult classic from a company which operates in the state of Texas, where I live.) I am patiently waiting for my copy of The Sly Collection for PS3 to come in through GameFly, but it's been a week and I've gotten little mail. :(

I'll try to make Wednesday a double-feature with both Disgaea D2, Chapter 3 and Disgaea 4 Chapter 3. Oh yeah, the checkpoint will be to clear Chapter 3 with all three games. (Went back to one chapter a strike with

Again, I sincerely apologize and hope you aren't too upset. We'll resume natural progression next week, I promise.

Hmmm... A cult classic MMO based in Texas... I can only guess...

Also, I need to save my money for other games and my current Wizard101 addiction.

I can only guess... :P

Anyway I've essentially put Disgaea on the backburner myself. I downloaded Shadow of the Colossus and have been playing that whenever I have time, as I don't have nearly as much of that crap now that I'm back at college. Each colossus literally takes just a few minutes to kill, and I'm honestly surprised it has a really low trophy rate for just about every trophy (even the initial first colossus one is sitting at roughly 75%!) but this thread is for Disgaea so feel feel free to disregard my ramblings.

Still haven't beaten the third chapter as a result...

Now I still want to actively participate, but it appears like yet again I got a little too eager. Besides, I got a job interview Wednesday, and if that goes well (which I REALLY hope it does...) I'll have even less time for gaming. Ah well. At least this semester I have three less hours of classes. That's something, right?

I'll end this post on that note. I wish you and me the best in our platinum acquiring antics!