Cross Save between Tales of the Borderlands between PS3/PS4 ?

markcavan

Is it possible that cross save works between PS3 and PS4 for Tales of the Borderlands ?  I was thinking no but then I noticed this person profile... http://psnprofiles.com/Tomie_Again and if you look at Tales of the Borderlands you can see they earned the PS3 and PS4 trophies within seconds of each other.

PS3 -> http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3202-Tales-from-the-Borderlands/Tomie_Again (Plat on Jan 14th at 10:24 & 27 seconds)

PS4 -> http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3188-Tales-from-the-Borderlands/Tomie_Again (Plat on Jan 14th at 10:24 & 24 seconds)

Is this possible ?

Edited by markcavan

That is really weird. Even if Cross Save was enabled, which I don't think is the case, you'd expect one of the games to be completed in a few seconds if the trophies were autopopped. 

So there are 3 possibilities that I can see:

1. Cross Save is enabled, and he is VERY quick at uploading data from his PS4 to the cloud, then downloading the save onto his PS3 and autopopping the trophy. However, the number of seconds between the PS4 and PS3 trophies timestamps suggests that this is not feasible - most of the time the difference between timestamps on PS4 and PS3 is only a few seconds.

2. 2 players, playing simultaneous and identical games. Again, this seems too close. You'd expect 2 players to fall out of sync by accident from time to time. Most of the time, the PS3 trophies are popping a few seconds behind the PS4.

3. He is playing both PS3 and PS4 simultaneously, using one controller. I don't know if this can be done, but maybe he has a microUSB to 2x USB splitter cable or something (if that's even necessary) and is controlling the PS3 game and PS4 games simultaneously? You might not need a splitter. Maybe he is using the DS4's bluetooth to connect to the PS4, and a cable to control the PS3... Can this be done?

Either way, something fishy is going on here...

Edited by StrickenBiged

Not sure if it's enough evidence for a flag on its own. If my option 3 is correct, and reading this thread it seems like it is possible, then he's just found a really efficient way to do two trophy lists at once. Clever him, but not cheating. 

Option 4 is that he cheated or manipulated his timestamps, but I think this is unlikely because his PS3 timestamps are in the correct order and are always just a few seconds behind the PS4 timestamps. Hacking is usually more obvious than this.

Edited by StrickenBiged

He is playing both at the same time with 2 controllers. Luca used to do the same when playing all 4 versions of Chariot, this is not something that amuses me and not something worth flagging.

By the way, wooooah, naming and shaming? I'm asking closure on this, the forums is not place for this kind of thing.

Edited by TheYuriG

He is playing both at the same time with 2 controllers. Luca used to do the same when playing all 4 versions of Chariot, this is not something that amuses me and not something worth flagging.

By the way, wooooah, naming and shaming? I'm asking closure on this, the forums is not place for this kind of thing.

Timestamps are too close together. Some of the trophies pop after extended QTE sequences. No way he could control both games at the same time using 2 controllers. I think he is using 1 controller and controlling 2 games at the same time. 

Seems easy to set up.

Load game on PS3 to title screen > Load game on PS4 to title screen > Plug DS4 into PS3 so that DS4 controlling both consoles (Ps4 via Bluetooth, PS3 via USB) > Select New Game and play both at once. 

And I don't think he's shaming the guy. TC was asking how it was possible.

I never named and shamed anything.  I cleared asked "Is this possible ?"  Where would you suggest someone would ask questions like this.  The forum would seem like the right place ... Don't understand how the time stamps could be so close, platinum trophy popped 3 seconds apart.

I never named and shamed anything. I cleared asked "Is this possible ?" Where would you suggest someone would ask questions like this. The forum would seem like the right place ... Don't understand how the time stamps could be so close, platinum trophy popped 3 seconds apart.

You named

Tomie_Again

And shamed

I'm thinking fishy also. Sent in a flag report for the game

Do you honestly think that someone that completes one version of the game would need to hack the other? Like seriously.

A good rule of thumb regarding making flags is asking yourself: is this impossible? If the answer is no, you shouldn't flag the person. Being difficult to perform doesn't mean the person cheated it, you know? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by TheYuriG

I saw a video about something like this that a very well known guy named Hakoom made. He had made a setup with allow him to plat two games at the same time (on two separate playstations) in a split screen mode ,and obtain a platinum trophy for both games at the same time. Ether he/she did that or had a friend of a family member play their playstation while they played the other. 

Edited by demonoid321

I saw a video about something like this that a very well known guy named Hakoom made. He had made a setup with allow him to plat two games at the same time (on two separate playstations) in a split screen mode ,and obtain a platinum trophy for both games at the same time. Ether he/she did that or had a friend of a family member play their playstation while they played the other. 

Okay thanks.  Did not know that type of setup was possible.  Would seem to be the most reasonable explanation.

I saw a video about something like this that a very well known guy named He Who Shall Not Be Named made. He had made a setup with allow him to plat two games at the same time (on two separate playstations) in a split screen mode ,and obtain a platinum trophy for both games at the same time. Ether he/she did that or had a friend of a family member play their playstation while they played the other. 

Fixed for you. He's like Voldemort around here, although I've never understood why... ;)

• Like 3

I just want to put it out there that it's not very difficult to play multiple games at once, especially telltale games. The controllers are small enough that they can each be controlled with a single hand. My way is to use my palm to adjust the analog sticks, thumb and pinky for the face buttons, and ring and pointer finger for the R1/2 and L1/2 buttons.

There's still the possibility that more than one person was playing, but it's not completely unbelievable that someone could do it alone.