PSN not working

godshand3547

They are hopefully putting the ps3 to rest it's about time to let it go had a great run.

There're plenty of people like myself who are still enjoying their PS3.

I'll let it go when they pry it from my cold,dead hands.

• Like 1

You have 51 games played, google sais there's 1026 ps3 games.

Ps3 came out in 2006, so you play on average 5 games a year. So techincally ps3 could last another 200 years.

Alt account sitting at 600ish but besides that i'm just looking at it at a money point of view it costs alot to keep server's going and having maintenance i'd rather the current gen get focused on it's about to be 3 year's old.

Alt account sitting at 600ish but besides that i'm just looking at it at a money point of view it costs alot to keep server's going and having maintenance i'd rather the current gen get focused on it's about to be 3 year's old.

I think you're the minority. Everyone else here thinks Sony can and should support PS3, Vita AND PS4. Since they all run on shared servers, there is no division of money for support. Shutting off support for PS3 means losing a LOT of Plus subscribers and tons of ill-will toward buying anything else from Sony, let alone a PS4. I'm glad Sony isn't so myopic.

I think you're the minority. Everyone else here thinks Sony can and should support PS3, Vita AND PS4. Since they all run on shared servers, there is no division of money for support. Shutting off support for PS3 means losing a LOT of Plus subscribers and tons of ill-will toward buying anything else from Sony, let alone a PS4. I'm glad Sony isn't so myopic.

I know i probably am here but no one can say they'd be upset you got 10 year's off the system like i said hell of a run.

Agreed wholeheartedly. I play my PS3 and Vita much more than PS4. If Sony "flipped the switch" on those platforms I would be hella mad.

I know i probably am here but no one can say they'd be upset you got 10 year's off the system like i said hell of a run.

Not everyone bought one at launch. As of 3 years ago, PS3 was a current-gen system and many people even today are picking them up as their first system because shelves in stores are full of PS3 games and systems. Myopic indeed.

Not everyone bought one at launch. As of 3 years ago, PS3 was a current-gen system and many people even today are picking them up as their first system because shelves in stores are full of PS3 games and systems. Myopic indeed.

How is it myopic when it's an old system no matter how you look at it.If anyone does get upset when they pull the cord that's a shame i know alot of people including here this is their first gen again they should be happy to have a gen that lasted this long.

How is it myopic when it's an old system no matter how you look at it.If anyone does get upset when they pull the cord that's a shame i know alot of people including here this is their first gen again they should be happy to have a gen that lasted this long.

It's myopic because the majority of the "virtual inventory" in the PS store is PS3/Vita. If they stop supporting they stop sales of those platforms. Seriously that is a metric ton of free money for Sony

Same thing has been happening to me ever since a week before Xmas. I posted about it on pstrophies.org, but no one else was having the issue. So I thought it must be something on my end. Now I'm seeing this thread and it seems that the majority are experiencing it.

It use to sign me out once a day, but this past week it's started signing me out 3 to 10 times a day. Found out it was happening to a friend of mine as well, who mentioned this thread. Happy to know it isn't on my end. It only happens on ps3.

Ah yes, we should be grateful for each second Sony allows us to spend with our systems until they decided to pull the plug with the PS3's, games and virtual items available to everyone to purchase brand new in stores and online right now.

It's myopic because all you're pointing to is the introduction date of a system that is still being manufactured and sold (and supported) as if it came out today. You're not looking at any of the bigger picture of the system you'd be happy if they discontinued today.

PSN having a problem with PS3's isn't because Sony is discontinuing support for PS3's. It'll get figured out and continue to make millions of dollars of profit for Sony for several years to come.

Has anybody tweeted @AskPlaystation to ask about their disconnects?

Has anybody tweeted @AskPlaystation to ask about their disconnects?

I'm sure, but they aren't exactly helpful.

On topic, I was on PS3 for about two hours last night downloading stuff. I wasn't kicked and all the downloads finished successfully. So maybe it's starting to turn around? :hmm:

Edited by ShadowStar83x

Off topic: I still have alot of PS3 games in my backlog so I say keep supporting the system for as long as possible. I'm going to have to buy another PS3 as a back up, just in case.

On topic: My profile still hasn't synched properly, going on 2 days now. Ya know, I've always felt the original PSN UI ran smoother than the current model. The current PSN always feels kinda...janky. Maybe it's just me?