Any Profound Games About U.S. History?

ENinjask123

I remembered another one. Learn the US Presidents on XBLIG. Supergreatfriend does a Let's Play of it so you could just watch that :). There is a lot of useful information here like George Bush only being president for 1 day and that the secretary of state is Hilary Clinton Hilary Clinton.

Truly a well of knowledge :)

I'd personally recommend:

American Civil War: The Road from Fort Sumter- You receive the honor, nay, the privilege, to play the president of either the Confederacy or the Union as well as their top generals. 

Civil War II- Civil War II, released in 2013 and developed by AGEOD, puts a huge emphasis on playability and historical accuracy.

Civil War II is an overhead view, turn-based strategy game which covers the entire USA, with Mexico and the North Caribbean included and over 3,000 regions all with different terrains, climates and development levels.

Ultimate General: Gettysburg- Ultimate General: Gettysburg is sort of similar to American Civil War: The Road from Fort Sumter in that it lets you lead thousands of soldiers in the famous battle of Gettysburg as a commander for either the Union or the Confederate army.

Not only do you get to re-enact the battle, you can change it! Don't like how it happened in real life? Try something new. Make new history with Ultimate General: Gettysburg!

I wish you good luck on your report!  :)

I did my report with Black Ops 1, I used the fictional Nova 6 experiment as an example of what real life experimental weapons both United States and the Soviet Union were planning. The plot is fictional but it is not far from what type of warfare both sides in the cold war were doing or attempted to do. Psychological, Biological Warfare, the proxy wars between nations and the war crimes committed by both sides.

• Like 2

Are you talking about the sister's storyline, or the father's? Because I also thought of Gone Home, mainly focusing on the father's side.

I was focusing more on the sister's side. Views on that thing are generally more relaxed nowadays. I'm picking it up again to refresh my memory when it's out in EU.

I did my report with Black Ops 1, I used the fictional Nova 6 experiment as an example of what real life experimental weapons both United States and the Soviet Union were planning. The plot is fictional but it is not far from what type of warfare both sides in the cold war were doing or attempted to do. Psychological, Biological Warfare, the proxy wars between nations and the war crimes committed by both sides.

What was your grade? Interesting way to incorporate video games into real life issues.

• Like 1

- I'd recommend Bird of Steel, a PS3 flight simulation game encompassing both WWII theaters. Not only can you fly authentic planes for the five major participant nations, but the game does a good job recreating some legendary battles. You get to fly a Brewster Buffalo in the defense of the Japanese amphibious assault on Wake Island. You torpedo bomb the Japanese fleet in the Battle of Midway. And most historic, you command a Japanese squadron in the bombing of Pearl Harbor.

- Others have commented about Legends of War and I would concur with that game. Missions aren't based on any specific historic battles but it has good platoon-based strategy.

- Finally, Valiant Hearts might work best for you in that it has the deepest story in regards to history. Game gives different human perspectives to WWI with characters such as a French conscript, German soldier, US army cook who is black, and a woman caught up in the chaos.

What was your grade? Interesting way to incorporate video games into real life issues.

It was an A but don't think that I used Black Ops 1 plot as fact. I used it as a diving board into all the real life fucked up shit the US and Soviets did in the course of the Cold War.