SF5 bundle announced! (Prepare for disappointment)

FlareXV

Yesterday, on the 21st of January, Sony announced that a SF5 PS4 bundle will be arriving on the 16th February 2016. It comes will a 1TB PS4 (newer model), a black DS4 controller and a copy of SF5. I'll post a picture below. 

24183794710_461e746247_z.jpg

This is the western version(US may get a different version)/package. Will be only in select countries, so find out if the bundle is available in yours.

This is the Japanese version (More pictures in the article)

2994147-5.jpg

2994144-1.jpg

Can you guess who's getting the better deal here? 

Anyway, which ones do you prefer? Drop me a comment in the comment box. 

Links to the articles:

Edited by FlareXV

I can't say I'm surprised. Japan always gets the really cool looking Vita system versions too like the Soul Sacrifice and Toukiden ones.

It's just depressing sometimes. I know that it's just face places but it grates because EU and NA is the reason PS4 is at the top. 

Even my wife complained there were only bundled PS4's when she tried to buy me one. There are just too many bundle options.

24183794710_461e746247_z.jpg

This is the western version/package. Will be only in select countries, so find out if the bundle is available in yours.

Also, it's fishy that you say the top picture is for Western release, but that's not an ESRB rating on the box, so it's definitely not for the US.

Even my wife complained there were only bundled PS4's when she tried to buy me one. There are just too many bundle options.

Also, it's fishy that you say the top picture is for Western release, but that's not an ESRB rating on the box, so it's definitely not for the US.

You can be optimistic but I doubt US will get the JPN one but, who knows?

I'm curious to know the reason that excuses the fact the western market will get a plain regular PS4 instead of a nice custom one...

American buyers for retailers don't take chances. They buy "safe." As such, manufacturers like Sony cater to safe buyers with these types of safe options and the cycle of mediocrity continues...

• Like 1

American buyers for retailers don't take chances. They buy "safe." As such, manufacturers like Sony cater to safe buyers with these types of safe options and the cycle of mediocrity continues...

Not always. They did special ones for Destiny: The Taken King, Arkham Knight, and Black Ops III. I have the Batman one, but I like it for the colors as much as anything.

Not always. They did special ones for Destiny: The Taken King, Arkham Knight, and Black Ops III. I have the Batman one, but I like it for the colors as much as anything.

I hate to break it to you, but those are all safe options for retailers. Anything Batman always gets bought. Destiny and COD both had green lights for purchasing because of the numbers of games those moved. Street Fighter is a gamble. I only know this because I know a couple buyers for big US retailers.

I hate to break it to you, but those are all safe options for retailers. Anything Batman always gets bought. Destiny and COD both had green lights for purchasing because of the numbers of games those moved. Street Fighter is a gamble. I only know this because I know a couple buyers for big US retailers.

Fair enough, but I still like my PS4. :) I would've gotten the Dragon Quest one had it been released here. I almost did, in fact, but I regret nothing.

That's because those are American franchises that sell well, therefore SCEA has no problem taking a chance issuing a special PS4. On the topic, it's just a faceplate. If you want one so bad then buy a custom one. Not that hard and way cheaper than importing a system.

That's because those are American franchises that sell well, therefore SCEA has no problem taking a chance issuing a special PS4. On the topic, it's just a faceplate. If you want one so bad then buy a custom one. Not that hard and way cheaper than importing a system.

Any recommendations on where I can buy a custom faceplate? I'm getting a bit tired of the Batman.

Any recommendations on where I can buy a custom faceplate? I'm getting a bit tired of the Batman.

I actually just bought a new faceplate for my system from Amazon. They sell a ton of them for a lot of series at decent prices. I'm sure you can find a Street Fighter faceplate there.