Novel Based on ICO Releasing this Month

BountyHunterinc

PS2Top_ICO_banner.jpg

Calling all fans of the Playstation 2 title, ICO; the 2001 action/adventure game which was published by Sony Computer Entertainment, and developed by none other than Team ICO, the creators of the fantastic Shadow of the Colossus, and the upcoming The Last Guardian.

Fans will be happy to know that Viz Media struck up a deal with Sony earlier this year, and have published a Novel based on the videogame, and will be hitting store shelves next week. The Novel will be going by the name of ICO: Castle in the Mist.

ICO_Cover-3D-620x-290x427.jpg

“A boy with horns, marked for death; A girl who sleeps in a cage of iron. The Castle of the Mist calls for its sacrifice: a horned child, born once a generation. When, on a single night in his thirteenth year, Ico's horns grow long and curved, he knows his time has come. But why does the Castle of the Mist demand this offering, and can the castle keep Ico's destiny from intertwining with that of the girl imprisoned within its walls?"

Interesting Indeed. On top of this, ICO is apart of the game bundle that will also come with Shadow of the Colossus. They are both being remastered in glorious HD, will have Trophy support, plus have a few little extras tucked away as well. It will be releasing this September.

So, if you're a fan of reading, the Book will be available on August 16th, with a price tag of $15.99.

Source: Siliconera

Is the novel following the same storyline of the game? I loved both ICO and Shadow of the Colossus so I'll definitely be picking this up and it should be a very interesting read.

Not too sure on that one, but if the Novel is only 'based' on ICO, then my guess is that it will be a similiar storyline, but possibly a different 'perspective' of it.

I know it's a novel and all, but I would probably read more if it came as a CD/DLC I could read on My PS3. :rolleyes: . I know it probably defeats some kind of purpose but I have a short attention span if it ain't being entertained by some kind of video animation. but My imagination is very healthy. :P . well, if they want Me to read it then that's how they would have to go about it.

I WANT that is all

actually i really do hope this gets a release in the UK aswell, unless someone can show me a good import site for books

just checked on amazon.co.uk and it's there it's being released on 15th September but it's there woooop and it's only £9

• 2 weeks later...

I picked this up earlier today. I haven't had a chance to read any of it yet, but from reading the back of the book it seems like it will follow the same storyline as the game. Really looking forward to reading it and I will definitely post some impressions here later.

Parker

I picked this up earlier today. I haven't had a chance to read any of it yet, but from reading the back of the book it seems like it will follow the same storyline as the game. Really looking forward to reading it and I will definitely post some impressions here later.

Parker

that would be great dude since i still havent made up my mind about getting it just yet, plus theres still another month to wait for the UK release

• 2 weeks later...