2016 UR Plat Marathon: Hemiak vs zajac vs Wdjat guest starring Dr_Mayus- Closed

2016 UR Plat Marathon  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win?

1L256b83.png

Just got the plat for Magicka 2. Current rarity is 1.37% so I think it's a pretty safe 2 points for me. :D

Feels like it's been a while since Hemiak or Prinny posted an UR plat on this thread, where are you guys at? O.o

Congrats :D

That's an awesome looking plat image

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

Zajac quit piling on the lead and go play Barbie,Duck Dynasty, or something like that :P Honestly been stumped on which UR I should go for, a lot of good choices but can't seem to commit to one. Wanted a few 3 pointer plats as well since I haven't gotten any yet but that hasn't gone so well....Also had Retro/Grade added to the mix plus had to finish the 100% for that scrub Hemiak on that game, even finished it on his for him before I finished it for myself because that is the kind of guy I am   xD

Seems it will be the 2nd straight month I go without a UR plat but hoping to be back into form next month doods

Edited by Wdjat Prinny Doods
  • Like 1

Zajac quit piling on the lead and go play Barbie,Duck Dynasty, or something like that :P Honestly been stumped on which UR I should go for, a lot of good choices but can't seem to commit to one. Wanted a few 3 pointer plats as well since I haven't gotten any yet but that hasn't gone so well....Also had Retro/Grade added to the mix plus had to finish the 100% for that scrub Hemiak on that game, even finished it on his for him before I finished it for myself because that is the kind of guy I am   xD

Seems it will be the 2nd straight month I go without a UR plat but hoping to be back into form next month doods

Good guy Prinny ^_^ lol. I need to finish Retro/Grade, but I basically cba for some reason. :/ I do that a lot with games. :'( 

Anyways I'm really thinking of buying and starting Nuclear Throne now that that has been patched. I was looking at our 'upcoming projects' and it made me laugh how they are very much not upcoming it seems :P I'll probably update my list tomorrow if I remember. :D

1Lab26b9.png

Got the plat for Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition today, plat rarity is 2.71% atm. :) Pretty sure it won't count due to the averaging of the plats, might not count due to stacking either actually (I don't remember what we agreed on lol) but it's still another UR plat on my list. :)

It's quite funny actually, I'm not a fan of stacking and only tend to for the games I've especially enjoyed (and sound shapes for THL) but I'm not really a massive fan of Dead Nation. It's alright but it gets very repetitive. I only played it initially due to a friend wanting to play with me, same with the vita version and then I got back to playing them to help someone else. Ended up with nearly 80,000 zombie kills in this version since I played through with multiple people, always on grim but never morbid.... and 53,000 zombies is supposed to be a grind lol. I still have dead nation ps3 sat on 1% on my account. I didn't even finish the first level before turning it off, that's the initial impression I had of it haha. :P

• Like 2

Got the plat for Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition today, plat rarity is 2.71% atm. :) Pretty sure it won't count due to the averaging of the plats, might not count due to stacking either actually (I don't remember what we agreed on lol) but it's still another UR plat on my list. :)

It's quite funny actually, I'm not a fan of stacking and only tend to for the games I've especially enjoyed (and sound shapes for THL) but I'm not really a massive fan of Dead Nation. It's alright but it gets very repetitive. I only played it initially due to a friend wanting to play with me, same with the vita version and then I got back to playing them to help someone else. Ended up with nearly 80,000 zombie kills in this version since I played through with multiple people, always on grim but never morbid.... and 53,000 zombies is supposed to be a grind lol. I still have dead nation ps3 sat on 1% on my account. I didn't even finish the first level before turning it off, that's the initial impression I had of it haha. :P

Congrats but yeah it doesn't count and any game that counts in this that you stack is worth 1 point no matter the rarity dood 

• Like 1

Grats man. Yeah I really didn't like my time with DN. I've gone back 2 or 3 times and I've now given up completely.

When I worked at Playstation we had these yearly conferences where you got to go over the sales year but you also got to try out all the new games before they came out.

I remember our Manager of Marketing getting so excited and making everyone play Dead Nation. He kept saying "did you play Dead Nation, you should play Dead Nation" over and over. I was like "fuck off, I want to play LittlebigPlanet 2 and Killzone 3."

I really don't know why he was so freaking excited about it? He was also really excited to show off Invizimals to us as well

After a 2 month UR plat drought I earned the Astebreed just a little while ago for 2 points. Don't go popping that champagne just yet zajac, I'm coming for you dood :P

Nice work dood :D I'm hoping to have a few more UR plats before the year is over, if I'm not too drunk on all this champagne I opened and drank, preemptively it seems. :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1L0a69db.png

Just got the plat for Hand of fate. This was a really fun and interesting game, although sadly it had one trophy which was very glitchy. Plat rarity at the moment is 2.10% so that means 2 points to me. :)

Nice going scrubjac, if only that glitchy trophy could have held you off from getting that plat a little longer dood :P

1L0a69db.png

Just got the plat for Hand of fate. This was a really fun and interesting game, although sadly it had one trophy which was very glitchy. Plat rarity at the moment is 2.10% so that means 2 points to me. :)

Sonofabitch you are an UR Plat machine. If I make it to 5 UR Plats this year I will be happy :)

I am having an absolute blast with LBP3 right now...it is definitely my second favourite LittleBigPlanet as that Vita game is just too damn good to ever be beat.

LBP3 does win in the music department though. I mean this is the song for one of the levels. How can you not love playing a platformer with a kickass song like this ^_^

Fully updated the OP and a few changes to note. My Assault Android Cactus plat has went from 1 pt to 2 pts MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!........however zajac's Rack N' Ruin plat has also went from 1 pt to 2 pts :| ...........but his Axiom Verge plat went from 1 pt to 0 so it cancels out that point increase doods *continues evil laughter*

• Like 2

1Lc29b5e.png

I got the plat for N++ a couple of days ago. :) This was a surprisingly fun game with a decent amount of challenge on some of the later levels too. Would recommend to people who enjoy precision platformers. Rarity of both copies, EU 3.34% US 1.29% Without doing the math to find out the exact percentage as I have to go to work soon I'll say that it's two points for me. :D

Edited by zajac9999
  • Like 2

1Lc35cb9.png

Ultra Rare #3

LittleBigPlanet 3

Ps3-4.02% (combined with PS4 version-3.75%)

Hey look at me platting LBP3 (yup that rhymes :pimp: )

I think I need Wdjat to throw me up on the big board :D

1Lc29b5e.png

I got the plat for N++ a couple of days ago. :) This was a surprisingly fun game with a decent amount of challenge on some of the later levels too. Would recommend to people who enjoy precision platformers. Rarity of both copies, EU 3.34% US 1.29% Without doing the math to find out the exact percentage as I have to go to work soon I'll say that it's two points for me. :D

Good stuff doods, was starting to think you were just a mere spectator now Mayus :P

True and you got Ride to Hell coming up soon so that slower pace is justified dood xD

You know what is crazy as well. Ride to Hell is NOT an Ultra Rare platinum. That means there are enough people out there that thought "hey I should complete this game to 100%" I mean games like Puppeteer (a brilliant platformer) is too much for people but the broken piece of shit named Ride to Hell warrants completing.

Makes no sense :(