2016 UR Plat Marathon: Hemiak vs zajac vs Wdjat guest starring Dr_Mayus- Closed

2016 UR Plat Marathon  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win?

Just platted Titan Souls which means another of my upcoming projects is done. This was my 49th UR plat so I'm close to 50 now. An excellent game and I'd recommend it for sure. :)

1L164e75.png

I'm probably gonna move onto Bloodborne for now. A game I've had sitting around for ages and one I really should've played by now. :P

This puts me at 6 UR plats for the race now for whenever you update the OP Prinny. I was thinking could you put like a monthly checkpoint in spoilers showing at the end of January everyone had this many UR plats, at the end of February .... etc so we can see how the scores develop over the year? Might be interesting?

• Like 2

Just platted Titan Souls which means another of my upcoming projects is done. This was my 49th UR plat so I'm close to 50 now. An excellent game and I'd recommend it for sure. :)

1L164e75.png

I'm probably gonna move onto Bloodborne for now. A game I've had sitting around for ages and one I really should've played by now. :P

This puts me at 6 UR plats for the race now for whenever you update the OP Prinny. I was thinking could you put like a monthly checkpoint in spoilers showing at the end of January everyone had this many UR plats, at the end of February .... etc so we can see how the scores develop over the year? Might be interesting?

Congrats and man have you and Hemiak formed an alliance to suggest more ideas for the OP to keep me away from earning these UR plats? xD Seriously though that is a nice addition, I'll add it the next time I update the OP with January's checkpoints and update at the end of each month since we did discuss monthly updates anyway dood

Congrats and man have you and Hemiak formed an alliance to suggest more ideas for the OP to keep me away from earning these UR plats? xD Seriously though that is a nice addition, I'll add it the next time I update the OP with January's checkpoints and update at the end of each month since we did discuss monthly updates anyway dood

Yeh that is our plan haha. I need any advantage I can get. :P Hemiak's probably going alone with it as he feels sorry for me since I'm such a scrub. ;) And yeh I assumed it would be monthly updates just mentioned it incase. 

Metal Gear Rising finished. It's sitting at 2.94% and my earning it won't change that. I wasted about 5 hours being an idiot, but other than that it's not a super time intensive plat.

I'll definitely play two of the three DLC at some point, but now is not that time.

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 3

Metal Gear Rising finished. It's sitting at 2.94% and my earning it won't change that. I wasted about 5 hours being an idiot, but other than that it's not a super time intensive plat.

I'll definitely play two of the three DLC at some point, but now I'd now that time.

Good stuff man. I'll be updating the OP later on today and I should hopefully have another UR plat tonight too :P

Well remember this is a marathon and not a sprint so at this rate zajac might tire himself out quickly :P...........At least that is what I have to tell myself to remain hopeful :|

He is running out of unfinished games now, only 10+ left and then he won't plat another for... a decade. We gotta stay hopeful!

I got the platinum for Helldivers... but I did not. i'll when the game wants me to, at least. But you guys just wait, I'm going to destroy the Oddworld collection soon which should give me a couple points. SOOOOOOOOOOONNNNN

And congrats Zajac for winning our personal race to 50UR plats. I guess the humiliation still didn't teach me shit because I'm still slacking off beyond human limits.

• Like 1

Plat #213 and UR plat #51 Lemmings Touch

Ps plus made this UR, I'm pretty sure it was like 5.4% before so it might not be Ultra Rare at the end of the year. But I wanted to do it for the challenge accepted thread anyways.

1Lfd5219.png

Current rarity - 3.49%

31st on the fastest leaderboard. Completely forgot about that actually, just checked now. :D

• Like 2

Earned the Yakuza 4 plat for another point but still a long way to go to catch up to zajac, don't get comfortable up there zajac I'm coming for you dood!

Also just noticed YuriG has been banned?! Guess that means I'll be removing his info the next time I update the OP....

Edited by Wdjat Prinny Doods
  • Like 1

Earned the Yakuza 4 plat for another point but still a long way to go to catch up to zajac, don't get comfortable up there zajac I'm coming for you dood!

Also just noticed YuriG has been banned?! Guess that means I'll be removing his info the next time I update the OP....

Congrats on the plat man, good work. :D

Yuri asked for himself to be banned so could be back again. I guess if he does come back he could be re-added. 

Ok, I've gotten back to gamimg regularly. No plats yet but progress is being made. 

One more hard trophy on WoR, two more small grinds and ill be done.  

Also, actually started working on P4AU last night. Cleared the arcade trophies and over half of story. mode. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Grats man. Was it any good?  I've never even heard of it. 

I'm getting close on a couple but have been pretty unfocused lately.  Playing a lot of different games. A little bit at a time. 

You can add GH5 to my projects and I'm going to start Vanquish soon. 

Edited by Hemiak

Just earned my 4th UR plat of the year with the Assault Android Cactus plat, even made it on the 1st 50 achievers list. Still a relatively new game but I think it'll stay UR though doods

Congrats dude. :yay:

I'm getting close on a couple but have been pretty unfocused lately.  Playing a lot of different games. A little bit at a time. 

You could try wrapping up Ultimax. You're really, really close. It would net you two points too.

• Like 1

Congrats dude. :yay:

You could try wrapping up Ultimax. You're really, really close. It would net you two points too.

Yeah, I'm working on it, but seriously unmotivated as I don't much care for it.  I figure if I finally finish off GA mode I'll only have the challenges left, and that my help me to buckle down and finish them off.  So I'm trying to do like 40 floors a night, at that pace I'll be done in two more days.  Then I'll probably try to do one or two challenges a night until I'm done.

If I finally work on and finish 'Black Widow of La Porte' on GH:WoR I'll just have two minor grinds to be done with that as well.  I figure if I work on the song in quest mode I can both practice the damn thing, and collect gems for the 150k trophy at the same time.  I only tried it for about 20 min one day, but having a best effort of about 17% of the song finished did not inspire confidence.  

Both games are seriously just a case of motivation and sticking with it, rather than being a true difficulty block.  

GH5 is probably the easiest UR I have left, but getting 8 guitars or mics together for one match is a serious headache.  I'm watching the game sessions though, and I'll keep trying.  Doesn't help that I worked on the 25 Pro Face-offs with a guy, he got the trophy, and it didn't pop for me.  We played about 3 extra songs and still nothing  Next day I tried to self boost it (which works on WoR and BH) did 4 more matches, still nothing.  So I just went back to playing through career mode, earning stars and completing challenges.  I'll worry about it later.  

I've got Vanquish, Mam Curse, El Shaddai, Doom 3, Oddworld, Starwahl, and Greg Hastings Paintball xD all sitting waiting to be played.  URs will be earned, just not sure when.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm working on it, but seriously unmotivated as I don't much care for it.  I figure if I finally finish off GA mode I'll only have the challenges left, and that my help me to buckle down and finish them off.  So I'm trying to do like 40 floors a night, at that pace I'll be done in two more days.  Then I'll probably try to do one or two challenges a night until I'm done.

If I finally work on and finish 'Black Widow of La Porte' on GH:WoR I'll just have two minor grinds to be done with that as well.  I figure if I work on the song in quest mode I can both practice the damn thing, and collect gems for the 150k trophy at the same time.  I only tried it for about 20 min one day, but having a best effort of about 17% of the song finished did not inspire confidence.  

Both games are seriously just a case of motivation and sticking with it, rather than being a true difficulty block.  

GH5 is probably the easiest UR I have left, but getting 8 guitars or mics together for one match is a serious headache.  I'm watching the game sessions though, and I'll keep trying.  Doesn't help that I worked on the 25 Pro Face-offs with a guy, he got the trophy, and it didn't pop for me.  We played about 3 extra songs and still nothing  Next day I tried to self boost it (which works on WoR and BH) did 4 more matches, still nothing.  So I just went back to playing through career mode, earning stars and completing challenges.  I'll worry about it later.  

I've got Vanquish, Mam Curse, El Shaddai, Doom 3, Oddworld, Starwahl, and Greg Hastings Paintball xD all sitting waiting to be played.  URs will be earned, just not sure when.

I see. Still, your plan for URs looks solid mate. Haven't played GH in almost a decade haha.

Hardest from your list that I've platted would be Vanquish. However, with practice, it's more than doable.

El Shaddai and Doom 3 are very easy imo. Don't pay attention to the guides saying they are like 9 and 8 respectively. Especially with El Shaddai. It is a 3-5/10 at most considering you can retry a checkpoint if you feel you screwed up. Just use a video guide for finding all the collectibles in the chapters when you go for G ranks on Hard mode and you'll be good. The only "hard" part is getting enough score for such rank on the last chapter, but it's pretty easy to retry it as long as you have a reference of how much you need.

Doom 3 same story, the only annoying parts are the loading times in Nightmare. However, stuff doesn't get real until more than halfway through the game. Just be patient and you'll even find yourself beating entire levels without a single save...Until Delta Labs that is.

Even so, if you played and fared at the first 2 Dooms then you won't have much problems. Just be quick in killing the later enemies and always keep your health above 75.

P.S: If you find yourself in trouble and need tips for either El Shaddai or Doom 3 feel free to PM me :)

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 1

Thanks dood and yeah the game is great, highly recommend it to anyone who likes shmups/bullet hell or people wanting to get into the genre. It has only been on PS4 for about 2 weeks and I never heard of it until it was one of the games to vote for plus which it didn't win. Apparently it was on Steam before but not sure how long it has been on there