Platinum vs. Beating all the puzzles

Kinglink

I'm just curious, is there puzzles you don't have to beat to get the platnium?  I am very excited to play the game, but I'm a bit curious if the 700 or so puzzles that they are claiming are all required for a platinum?  

(No spoilers if possible, please)

Edited by Kinglink

You don't have to solve everything. You just have to complete the "main story" with about 350 puzzles and another few hard puzzles for the The Challenge trophy. There are dozens of puzzles (and other riddles/things) in the world left to explore after obtaining platinum.

The number is over 700 according to the creator  though I don't know if he has given a specific number.  Is there an ingame tracker anywhere for how many you complete, or are you just keeping count yourself (or guessing?) 

If you go to option and select load game, it shows you your game status, puzzled solved, etc.

I think the max number someone got so far is 523. There won't be many more panels if there are more at all. But in addition to the panels there are many environment puzzles which could lead to an overall number of 700+ puzzles.

The savegame is named in the following way: solved puzzles, + solved environmental puzzles, + completed pillars

I think the max number someone got so far is 523. There won't be many more panels if there are more at all. But in addition to the panels there are many environment puzzles which could lead to an overall number of 700+ puzzles.

The savegame is named in the following way: solved puzzles, + solved environmental puzzles, + completed pillars

I only see panels and +. So my latest is 298 panels and +48.

I'm guessing the +number is the pillar glyphs. Has anyone figured out what the pillar glyphs are for yet? Do they unlock anything?

I only see panels and +. So my latest is 298 panels and +48.

I'm guessing the +number is the pillar glyphs. Has anyone figured out what the pillar glyphs are for yet? Do they unlock anything?

You'll get the last + Z as soon as you complete all puzzles (pillar glyphs) on one pillar. As far as we know, they do nothing. Just a collectible like the movies or audio files.

I'm at 494 +129 +5. Managed to find a few more sperm tonight. Still trying to get that certain challenge though. I don't want to cheat.

I'm trying to think where are these other 30 odd panels I'm missing. Does the challenge room count all those panels only once completed the challenge? I think that's 14 panels in total for the challenge room.

Not sure if it is just me, but now that I've solved more pillars, I'm actually finding the challenge much harder for some strange reason. I must be going crazy.

Edited by DysectorZA

Total is 523 +135 +6

I'm at 460 +80 +3 puzzles. The environmentals and the monoliths are the hardest and the most fun!

That seems off to me, it adds up to 664. The lecture you unlock through the challenge mentions 666 quite sometimes.

I'm at 494 +129 +5. Managed to find a few more sperm tonight. Still trying to get that certain challenge though. I don't want to cheat.

I'm trying to think where are these other 30 odd panels I'm missing. Does the challenge room count all those panels only once completed the challenge? I think that's 14 panels in total for the challenge room.

Not sure if it is just me, but now that I've solved more pillars, I'm actually finding the challenge much harder for some strange reason. I must be going crazy.

There are several panels leading to the real challenge, the challenge itself indeed consists of 14 panels.

Edited by strikerCJA

I'm at 500 +113 +5 (just the Town obelisk to finish)

and the only puzzle area I have not done is the "Certain Challenge" (I hate timers). I've opened all of the hidden exit doors, completed all of the puzzles deep inside the mountain, found all the audio logs, opened all of the movies and completed all of the "loose" white panels. If there are only 14 panels in the Challenge, I'm missing normal 9 somewhere...

This is fun! I wonder where those 9 panels could be?

• Like 1

Was also walking around the island last night looking for audio logs and panels that I have missed and other environmental puzzles. Still cannot finish that challenge room though. I try a few times every night and for the life of me I just cannot complete it. I'll keep trying.

I'm actually thinking of starting a new game and not do any of the environmental puzzles to solve any of the pillars, just to see if it makes any difference with the challenge. It has to be all in my head that I'm finding the challenge more difficult now that I've solved more pillars.

So finally finished the challenge. I think it's just luck of the draw. Sometimes you get easy puzzles and sometimes you get difficult ones.

I got the final few enviromental puzzles, but my counter is sitting at 521 / +135 / +6

I'm missing 2 panels? And I'm not sure exactly where they could be.

I've finished all the cave panels, and all the loose triangle puzzles. What else could there be? I'm stumped.

Edited by DysectorZA

So finally finished the challenge. I think it's just luck of the draw. Sometimes you get easy puzzles and sometimes you get difficult ones.

I got the final few enviromental puzzles, but my counter is sitting at 521 / +135 / +6

I've finished all the cave panels, and all the loose triangle puzzles. What else could there be? I'm stumped.

I'm actually missing 4 puzzles although I thought I had every puzzle done. But the thing is: Elevators count at least two times. The solution for up is 1 and the solution for down is another 1. So just go check every lift. Possibly the one in the cave first ;)

Did you get the hidden panels on the road from the starting area? With the triangle puzzle inside? The puzzle inside the ship wreck?

I'm actually missing 4 puzzles although I thought I had every puzzle done. But the thing is: Elevators count at least two times. The solution for up is 1 and the solution for down is another 1. So just go check every lift. Possibly the one in the cave first ;)

Yup, did the cave elevator up and done.

Did you get the hidden panels on the road from the starting area? With the triangle puzzle inside? The puzzle inside the ship wreck?

Yup, got all 14 triangle loose panels as well.

Got the two panels in the town area upstairs in the room that you can change room color RGB.

Thought there were two panels in the credits area, but there was only one and it didn't count.

I'm thinking about the 3 panels on the floor in the cave with the one wooden pillar going between it. I believe there are multiple solutions to it? Not sure if you have to solve all solutions? Someone mentioned that maybe they open up something else?

Or maybe the multiple paths up in the tree house area.

Oh well. Found all audio logs (all flowers bloomed in the lake). Pretty much 100% the whole island, except two panels.

Yup, did the cave elevator up and done.

Yup, got all 14 triangle loose panels as well.

Got the two panels in the town area upstairs in the room that you can change room color RGB.

Thought there were two panels in the credits area, but there was only one and it didn't count.

I'm thinking about the 3 panels on the floor in the cave with the one wooden pillar going between it. I believe there are multiple solutions to it? Not sure if you have to solve all solutions? Someone mentioned that maybe they open up something else?

Or maybe the multiple paths up in the tree house area.

Oh well. Found all audio logs (all flowers bloomed in the lake). Pretty much 100% the whole island, except two panels.

Did you open the exit doors between the swamp and the mountain? It's on the way to the swamp laser and easy to miss (turn right before going up the stairs). That is a 2 panel door. Also the exit doors from the theatre, that is a 2 panel door as well.

The floor tiles in the mountain (with the wooden poles) does not open anything except allow the Lady of the Lake to fully emerge when all 523 +135 +6 panels are completed.

Multiple paths in the treehouse, in the swamp and in the keep do not add to the panel count.

Edited by malcontent-666
  • Like 1

Did you open the exit doors between the swamp and the mountain? It's on the way to the swamp laser and easy to miss (turn right before going up the stairs). That is a 2 panel door. Also the exit doors from the theatre, that is a 2 panel door as well.

Yup, already got both of them. Thanks.  :)