Hi all~

theshino

First touched a ps3 back in January when a friend lent it to me, enjoyed trophy hunting enough to get my own in March and soon found my way to this awesome site =)

As you all can see, I'm not particularly great at games that require actual skill so my trophies are mostly those that just require time =/

Anyhow, do most of you clear a game first, then clean up with a walkthrough or guide, or do you start off from the get-go with guides? With RPGs I rely on guides right from the start, I guess for most its a balance between getting immersed in the story and trophy hunting fast/efficiently?

Anyhows, great to join this community~ =)

Hey and welcome. I will usually glance at Trophy guides prior to starting a game, so i know what im looking for when i come to a certain point. use walkthroughs pretty much when im stuck, or there`s just way to many collectables to find.. Assassin`s creed 2 for example lot of feathers to find

Welcome! :]

Back in the day when I used to really trophy hunt, I would look over a guide before starting, because I could really regret it later with more difficult or story line specific trophies. Could save a lot of time.

Yeah, luckily the games i've started without any guides never really had any missables so I'm lucky I never had to make another run so far.

Much as all my trophies come from the grind, I don't think I'd enjoy a 2nd run for just a trophy, especially if the story isn't too great.

But then if it's just one more trophy between me and a plat....hunter mode kicks in~ lol

Welcome to the site :).

I tend to look at a guide before I start a game, just to find any missable trophies. I make a note of them, and make sure that I get them as I go, so I don't have to restart. Playing through an entire game to get a single trophy that I missed because I didn't know I would miss it is really annoying. Other then that, I only use a guide if I get stuck on something.

Hope you enjoy your stay, and I am sure with time you can become better at collecting trophies, and then come back and games you thought were hard now, become easy. I noticed that after a while.