PlayStation All-Stars Character Strategies + Gameplay Footage

All this week, the official PlayStation Blog has been posting these pretty entertaining and informative videos about how each character, and the game in general plays - check them out and get a headstart in the game!

[media=]

[media=]

[media=]

I am slowly getting more and more excited for this game. From these videos, it looks like Kratos would be my go to character.

I really hope that they end up confirming a few other characters though, particularly Sackboy, Ratchet and Clank, Crash Bandicoot, and maybe Spyro. Ezio would be cool, but I would be ok without him. Either Cloud, Tidus, Tifa, Red XIII, or Yuna would be really cool too. Maybe Sephiroth?

Edited by Sir_Bee

I really hope that they end up confirming a few other characters though, particularly Sackboy, Ratchet and Clank, Crash Bandicoot, and maybe Spyro. Ezio would be cool, but I would be ok without him. Either Cloud, Tidus, Tifa, Red XIII, or Yuna would be really cool too. Maybe Sephiroth?

Sackboy is pretty much unofficially confirmed.

nice now just crash and i will be happy

I believe Activision owns Crash, as well as Spyro. Hate to be the one to say it, but I think they probably couldn't get the okay to use them.

Here's another bit of news, apparently earlier today information was leaked that the game is to be delayed until into November. :[

Here's another bit of news, apparently earlier today information was leaked that the game is to be delayed until into November. :[

There's an official release date:

We know our fans have high expectations for this title, and to that end, we have decided to move the release date to 21st November 2012 for most of Europe (22nd November for Australia and 23rd November for UK & Ireland).

Source: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/08/13/new-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-release-date/

I'd rather have a great game than an early release.

I believe Activision owns Crash, as well as Spyro. Hate to be the one to say it, but I think they probably couldn't get the okay to use them.

didnt know activision owns those 2 i didnt bother checking to see who published that crap skylanders game cause i have zero interest in it and i never figured out where crash ended up. anyway yeah you are probably right activision willl probably want too much money for them to make an aperance

From a purely fanboy perspective, I would play as Ratchet every time (unless they end up confirming Cloud or Tidus)

Same here, fellow Ratchet & Clank fan. Cloud would be a cool addition as well, although I'm worried that "PlayStation" All-Stars is getting bogged down with all of these non-exclusive characters. But I mean, if Big Daddy is in the game, we had better see some Cloud. Him as well as Ratchet definitely have some costume choices that I'd be excited to see. If they do include multiple alternative costumes for all of the characters that aren't just recolors like SSB, then that's one way they will have actually beat out the Nintendo counterpart.

• Like 1

Honestly though, with the way the stages have been looking, I would not be surprised to see a Gran Turismo themed stage. It's an exclusive, so why not include it?

I'm hoping that they're just not showing off most of the stages yet, as we've only seen about 4 or 5 in the official videos.