Client couldn't connect to server error

Lars

4 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

I don't think so, but I may be wrong. I believe it is the host that must be able to accept the connection, not the other way around. I know when I helped a few people with this, the solution was typically me hosting, and having a direct connection to the modem - which bypasses the router entirely. I do believe you are correct about the UPnP, and the port forwarding/DMZ. If you can manage a direct connection, then you don't have to worry about port forwarding, or having you PS3 in a DMZ range.

I believe the last time I tried it, and was not successful, I had disabled UPnP - as it interferes with PSMediaServer functionality.

In any case, I may be wrong, but I'm reasonably certain it is only the host who creates the session that needs the above set up to allow incoming players to successfully join.

Before enabling the upnp i tried with a lot of random lobbies and i couldn't join in none of them, once i did so i could join in the first lobby that i spotted.

Note i did this game when it was free with ps+ and there were several lobbies.

So unless i was so unluckly to never find a good lobby and only once i enabled the upnp i accidentally found 1 where i could join even with my standard connection, i think only who has to join in the lobby has to change his/her connection.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, diskdocx said:

I don't think so, but I may be wrong. I believe it is the host that must be able to accept the connection, not the other way around. I know when I helped a few people with this, the solution was typically me hosting, and having a direct connection to the modem - which bypasses the router entirely. I do believe you are correct about the UPnP, and the port forwarding/DMZ. If you can manage a direct connection, then you don't have to worry about port forwarding, or having you PS3 in a DMZ range.

I believe the last time I tried it, and was not successful, I had disabled UPnP - as it interferes with PSMediaServer functionality.

In any case, I may be wrong, but I'm reasonably certain it is only the host who creates the session that needs the above set up to allow incoming players to successfully join.

The more I think about it, the more I feel like as long as 1 player has the UPnP Enabled, he can connect to any player regardless of their settings AND those other players can connect to him as well. It's sort of like the OR Logic gates. 

OR

X    Y    Result

1    1      1

1    0      1

0    1      1

0    0      0

Unlike AND gates where only when both inputs are 1 will the result be 1, the OR gates will give a positive result when either inputs is 1.

So basically, as long as 1 person has a freed up connection he can successfully connect (positive result of 1) to anyone else even if they have a firewalled connection. ONLY when both players have Firewalled connections (0 inputs) would it be impossible for them to connect.

This is just based on logic though..... As I too like VirtualNight had huge problems connecting with people when there were a lot of active players. Only after enabling my UPnP could I connect with anyone....... But that doesn't explain how in some lobbies I saw 3-4 players (meaning the host had a free connection) but I still couldn't connect. It could quite honestly be the other way around and the connection works like the AND gates.

X    Y    Result

1    1        1

1    0        0

0    1        0

0    0        0

Meaning that only when both players have a free connection (positive inputs) will they be able to connect.

It could be much more complicated than that but yeah..... I can't really be bothered to test it now. 

I almost lost hope for getting that trophy (I have one friend from Germany who lost it completely), as I don't live in house alone, AND it would be very hard to maintain UpNp ? It drives me nuts as I'm a completionist and always try to get 100% on every title. I did complete some hard trophies, games throughout the years and this SNB is just ridiculous, just because of the flawed system the devs made.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...